Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2003 12:28:33 PM EDT
On 6/18, after many months of jumping thru hoops, I submitted my paperwork to BATF for the transfer of my Vector full size UZI SMG.

Well, I checked today and they have cashed my check for the $200 transfer fee.

WOO HOO !!!

I'm still waiting, but it's getting closer......

I can't wait.

[uzi]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 12:59:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Didn't they cash some other guy's check here and lose the paperwork? When he called to ask WTF is going on, the feds are demanding that he resubmit the forms and pay the $200 again to fix the problem! woo hoo!
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 1:06:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Didn't they cash some other guy's check here and lose the paperwork? When he called to ask WTF is going on, the feds are demanding that he resubmit the forms and pay the $200 again to fix the problem! woo hoo!
View Quote

An extra $200 and another 4 months of waiting is a small price to pay to ensure that criminals and other deviants aren't getting ahold of these weapons of mass destruction.

We should all take a moment to thank the BATF for the service that they are selflessly providing to protect us and our children...
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 1:13:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
An extra $200 and another 4 months of waiting is a small price to pay to ensure that criminals and other deviants aren't getting ahold of these weapons of mass destruction.

We should all take a moment to thank the BATF for the service that they are selflessly providing to protect us and our children...
View Quote

Imbrog|i-ites unite for Freedom of Sarcasm! [:D]

J.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 4:26:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I mailed mine in on May 9th and they cashed the check on May 13th. I wish they could get the paperwork approved as fast as they get the check to the bank.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 8:54:58 PM EDT
[#5]
i'm the guy that had the lost paper work deal going on. not to hijack the thread, but here's the deal. mailed on 1/8, check cashed 1/28. 3rd week in may i call atf and they have no idea at all about my paperwork. examiner says resubmit. i resubmit a complete application package and a photocopy of the already cashed money order. called to follow up and the examiner had the whole shebang on his desk. two days ago i get a package in the mail, they want me to put my dob on the fingerprint cards - shit, and i tried so hard not to miss anything. that was on me, but, but but but, they also wanted the $200 tax. yesterday morning after work, i get my examiner on the phone. he denies ever seeing the photocopy of the cashed money order. he denies seeing the enclosed copy of an e-mail i had sent explaining the whole thing, even though a month earlier he said he had them right in front of him.
1st time the money order is cashed and the rest go missing,
2nd time the application is received but all other documents that got sent went missing.
in the moning the fingerprint cards go back with my dob on them and a second submission of the photocopy of the cashed money order, attached to their form and fingerprint cards with 8 paperclips and yet another fully written out explaination.
i'm getting the runaround enough for everyone, you'll probably be ok.

editted to add that coincidentally, my application is also for an uzi. i just want to short barrel a semi model 45.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top