Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/1/2003 10:44:53 AM EDT
Can anyone recommend a home fitness book that really works?  I've started running and started to "watch my diet" in order to tone up and lose 5-10 lbs.  If any of you guys are in the same boat as I am let me know what you guys are doing.

I used to be in good shape about 2-3 years ago, but that all went out the window with a full-time job and grad school.

I think I'm gonna stay away from the gym for awhile, because of the crazy memebership fees they want. Plus, I wanna see how much I can improve from just doing stuff at home, i.e., push-up, pull-ups, crunches, leg lifts, and running.

Thanks.

Link Posted: 7/1/2003 10:51:40 AM EDT
[#1]
If you want it all in one book/plan, I can't speak highly enough of the "body for life" book.  Check it out here:
[url]www.bodyforlife.com[/url]

You might also try posting this in the fitness forum on this very board.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 10:55:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Not intended as a slam, but why in the world does someone need a book to tell them how to exercise? That's like getting a book on how to eat, sleep or shit.

Run, do sit-ups, mild weight lifting & stretch. That should take care of 99% of your needs. Oh, and play a little ball sometime, it'll keep your reflexes honed.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 10:58:50 AM EDT
[#3]
there is a link in the fitness forum to a website with a bunch of workouts using your bodyweight
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 11:01:38 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm just waiting for one of the lazy-atkins people to come in and tell you how you don't have to get off your lazy ass, all you have to do is eat 12 pounds of bacon and a bag of pork rinds a day and you'll be slim, trim, and in shape in no time.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 11:04:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm just waiting for one of the lazy-atkins people to come in and tell you how you don't have to get off your lazy ass, all you have to do is eat 12 pounds of bacon and a bag of pork rinds a day and you'll be slim, trim, and in shape in no time.
View Quote

[ROFL2][LOLabove]

I forgot abou the fitness forum.  

Thanks for the replies...
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 11:25:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

hey! atkins worked for me. i went from this

[img]http://www.msnbc.com/local/wgem/Images/robert%20earl.jpg[/img]

to this

[img]http://www.angelfire.com/rebellion/warrior0/Warrior012.jpg[/img]

in just three months by doing atkins and jogging 20 minutes a day

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top