Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/1/2003 10:44:53 AM EDT
Can anyone recommend a home fitness book that really works? I've started running and started to "watch my diet" in order to tone up and lose 5-10 lbs. If any of you guys are in the same boat as I am let me know what you guys are doing. I used to be in good shape about 2-3 years ago, but that all went out the window with a full-time job and grad school. I think I'm gonna stay away from the gym for awhile, because of the crazy memebership fees they want. Plus, I wanna see how much I can improve from just doing stuff at home, i.e., push-up, pull-ups, crunches, leg lifts, and running. Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 10:51:40 AM EDT
If you want it all in one book/plan, I can't speak highly enough of the "body for life" book. Check it out here: [url]www.bodyforlife.com[/url] You might also try posting this in the fitness forum on this very board.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 10:55:35 AM EDT
Not intended as a slam, but why in the world does someone need a book to tell them how to exercise? That's like getting a book on how to eat, sleep or shit. Run, do sit-ups, mild weight lifting & stretch. That should take care of 99% of your needs. Oh, and play a little ball sometime, it'll keep your reflexes honed.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 10:58:50 AM EDT
there is a link in the fitness forum to a website with a bunch of workouts using your bodyweight
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 11:01:38 AM EDT
I'm just waiting for one of the lazy-atkins people to come in and tell you how you don't have to get off your lazy ass, all you have to do is eat 12 pounds of bacon and a bag of pork rinds a day and you'll be slim, trim, and in shape in no time.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 11:04:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/1/2003 11:05:10 AM EDT by urbankaos04]
Originally Posted By norman74: I'm just waiting for one of the lazy-atkins people to come in and tell you how you don't have to get off your lazy ass, all you have to do is eat 12 pounds of bacon and a bag of pork rinds a day and you'll be slim, trim, and in shape in no time.
View Quote
[ROFL2][LOLabove] I forgot abou the fitness forum. Thanks for the replies...
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 11:25:20 AM EDT
Originally Posted By norman74: I'm just waiting for one of the lazy-atkins people to come in and tell you how you don't have to get off your lazy ass, all you have to do is eat 12 pounds of bacon and a bag of pork rinds a day and you'll be slim, trim, and in shape in no time.
View Quote
hey! atkins worked for me. i went from this [img]http://www.msnbc.com/local/wgem/Images/robert%20earl.jpg[/img] to this [img]http://www.angelfire.com/rebellion/warrior0/Warrior012.jpg[/img] in just three months by doing atkins and jogging 20 minutes a day
Top Top