Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/1/2003 8:40:20 AM EDT
Head over to the dissident frogman:  

[url=]www.thedissidentfrogman.com/dacha/000185.html[/url]

There you can see what some of our French friends think about the American contribution to D-Day, and beyond.

Edited to add the fact that I am aware that the town of Bayeux was liberated by the British, and not by the U.S.  This museum seems to be a general D-Day museum, and not a museum that focuses solely on the liberation of Bayeux.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 8:47:49 AM EDT
[#1]
wow.  i don't know what to say.

[url=http://www.giveitback.net/]Give the Statue of Liberty back to the French![/url]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 9:01:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Check this photo out:

[img]http://www.thedissidentfrogman.com/common/normandy2003/empty_pedestal.jpg[/img]

They leave the flag stand to let you know they pulled the American flag from the display.  As if the empty, full-sized flag pole left any doubt.

I hate the fucking French so much.  You can disagree or dislike the US and its policies, that's fine.  But the way the French do it, especially in light of how much we have done for them, and how they have trashed it all over defending Saddam Hussein........it's really hard to express how much I hate them.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 9:11:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Raven-
There are good French people-they're just incredibly rare!  I went to the 50th anniversary of D-Day with my Grandfather.  We stayed with a family in Periers.  I've kept in touch with them to this day.  They sent me a condolence card following 9/11/01.  They're good people.  Now as for the French government, and the rest of them-they can drop dead, and go to hell.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 9:14:04 AM EDT
[#4]
This museum would suggest otherwise, ed1.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 9:29:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, yeah...the people of Bayeux are real bastards.  
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 9:56:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 3:03:33 PM EDT
[#7]
We need to remove all of the remains of fallen American soldiers from france, and re-bury them in a national cemetery here. Then cut up the Statue of Liberty for scrap and ship it back to those ingratious shitbags.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 3:31:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
wow.  i don't know what to say.

[url=http://www.giveitback.net/]Give the Statue of Liberty back to the French![/url]
View Quote

308, did you actually read what its said on the page you just linked to? [>:/]

NsB
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 4:55:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
We need to remove all of the remains of fallen American soldiers from france, and re-bury them in a national cemetery here. Then cut up the Statue of Liberty for scrap and ship it back to those ingratious shitbags.
View Quote

Nah, those guys already paid for the land over there, we should just take back the actual possession of it from the froggy caretakers.  It's not like they could prevent us from doing it...just send in a polka band & a couple of Dachshunds & the frogs would wet themselves.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top