Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2001 8:30:10 AM EDT
It is about time. His misuse of the fbi as a political wing of the democrat push for gun control was disgraceful. He should have been forced out when the new administration came in.

[url]www.cnn.com/2001/ALLPOLITICS/05/01/freeh.resigns/index.html[/url]

May 1, 2001
                 Web posted at: 12:12 p.m. EDT (1612
                 GMT)

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- FBI
                 Director Louis Freeh will resign his
                 post in June, a senior government
                 official tells CNN.

Freeh, appointed during the Clinton
                 administration in 1993, had been asked
                 to stay by President Bush during the
                 transition between the Clinton and Bush
                 administrations. Sources close to Freeh
                 said at the time he intended to remain
                 on the job for at least a few months
                 while the administration developed its budget and policy initiatives.

Freeh has often discussed his desire to support his growing family. Freeh had
                 four children--all boys--when he took the helm of the FBI in 1993, and now has
                 six sons.
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 8:34:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 8:58:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Louie stood up to Janet Reno...he's on our side...
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 9:17:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I disagree.  Freeh once stated:  [i] "The American people must be willing to give up a degree of personal privacy in exchange for safety and security." [/i] (Quote attributed to the October 24, 1994 issue of [i] National Review [/i]

This was, as I recall, in concurrance with Clinton's plan to execute "weapons sweeps" through public housing projects - you know, door-to-door confiscation by jack-booted thugs?

Remember Ben Franklin's position?  [i] "They that can give up essential liberty for a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." [/i]

I don't want a guy in charge of the FBI who doesn't understand the idea of individual rights and responsibilities.  I want him GONE.
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 9:21:26 AM EDT
[#4]
KBaker is [i]exactly[/i] right.  I'm glad he'll be going and I hope the door [i]does[/i] smack him on the way out.
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 9:25:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Louie stood up to Janet Reno...he's on our side...
View Quote

rep. john conyers (d) from michigan stood up against reno too. You want to keep that flaming commie in office too?
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 10:46:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Resignation? Not near 'nuff.

Eric The Hun
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 2:28:06 PM EDT
[#7]
GOODBYE TO A BIG SCUMBAG!
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 2:37:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out...[-!-]
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 3:32:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 5:22:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 5:27:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Goodbye Loser

Link Posted: 5/1/2001 5:36:56 PM EDT
[#12]
I once watched a special on crime or some such thing that was on CNN or Discovery Channel where they went in and took a look at the FBI.   They were speaking with Louis Freeh and talking about the FBI training and the firearms they train with, Louis had the supreme stupidity to say that the handgun they use is the Model 27 Smith&Wesson when right behind him on the firing line were numerous accademy or full fledged FBI agents who were firing the then current model of SigSauer pistol.

IDIOT DIDN'T EVEN KNOW WHAT WAS THE THEN CURRENT ISSUE PISTOL OF THE FBI!

I'd heard G. Gordon Liddy mention it in the past on his talk show and when I watched that episode where they were interviewing Louis Freeh I nearly fell out of my floor with laughter.   G. Gordon having been a FBI agent was laughing as well because the Model 27 was one of the revolvers his wife bought him for use as a field agent, needless to say it was quite a long time back when the Model 27 was the standard issue weapon of the FBI.
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 6:42:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 7:26:37 PM EDT
[#14]
By By Louie! While he was somewhat of a thorn in Klinton's side I'm glad he's gone. Maybe now we can get someone who believes in the Bill of Rights.
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 7:31:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Freeh is not on our side!  Anyone who would help cover something up like Ruby Ridge is'nt now nor will ever be on our side.  Those rules of engagement had to be authorized at a pretty high level, and a sniper willing to carry them out would have had to be essential.  They would'nt have picked just any sniper IMO they had to have one that was willing to carry out an illegal order.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top