Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/1/2003 12:16:18 AM EDT
I took it out to shoot a while back, & let my brother shoot it while I was plugging away with my M-4. We were at a very strict rang, & it MG on him. I thought he was joking with me, but sure enough I pulled the trigger on the 30 round mag, & phtttttt. It was pretty cool, but I put it away because I didn't want to get booted from the range. Later I took the stock off, & cleaned it as good as I could like that. I went out with my uncle to shoot, & was going to just let it rip a 30 if it would, but it wouldn't fire at all.[:(]The action still works, but the gun doesn't fire. I want to do a home repair, but I don't know what would cause such a problem, or what parts I should order. I'm hoping it is a common thing, & some of you can diagnose it for me. Thanks for any help. Searcher out
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 12:26:39 AM EDT
slam firing -- prolly a broken firing pin.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 4:59:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/1/2003 5:03:36 AM EDT by Jim_Dandy]
slam firing -- prolly [b][red](GOD, I HATE THIS SPELLING)[/red][/b] a broken firing pin.
View Quote
No, not a broken firing pin. Sounds like the hammer and sear engagement surfaces may be AFU or the pins may have come out of alignment. Not hard to fix. I think a new hammer and sear are less than $10 and an entirely new trigger group can be had for about $40.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 5:11:08 AM EDT
Yeah, Jim Dandy is probably correct. The 10/22 can be easily modified to go uncontrollably cyclical like that, by removing some parts. I guess your gun loosened up to the point it did it by itself.
Top Top