Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 12:06:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Colorado is a 9! We have great weather most of the time and lots of things for us outdoor type folks like camping, fishing, shooting, hiking. Lots of nice looking womenz. [blue]The only reason it doesn't get a 10 is because  all of the Texan's and Californian's moving here.[/blue] [:D]
View Quote

I'll second that. [:D]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 12:29:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
0, Im in NYC. 1 is not low enough for this cesspit.
View Quote

I second the motion. [banghead]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 1:37:01 PM EDT
[#3]
What does pre-emption mean?
View Quote

It means that there are state laws that pre-empt local laws.  So in LA, a city can't just decide to ban guns.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 1:51:41 PM EDT
[#4]
For guns:  -2

For people:  9

For climate:  12

Altogether:  8

Aloha
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 1:52:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I give Alabama a 9.  It would get a 10 if the weather was better.  The humidity, heat and rain during the summer gets very old very quick.  In my part of Alabama, I think it rained almost every day this past June.  I have no problem with the gun laws however.

[img]edjones7.home.mchsi.com/line.gif[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 1:54:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I gotta give Georgia a 9 as well.  It's a great place to live.  Atlanta only gets a 6 though.

Good climate, except in the hottest part of summer.

Great gun laws (NFA-OK, shall-issue CCW, and you can have a gun in your car with no permit)

[b][red]Nice people outside of Atlanta, but yeah, too many Yankees moving in.[/red][/b]

And for some reason I can't figure out, the hispanic population has just exploded lately.  Not really a gripe, just puzzled.  But that means great Mexican food too!  [:)]
View Quote

Whats with all the YANKEE remarks some of you act like the civil war is still goin on! And by the way I aint even a YANKEE [BD] ps welcome to AMERICA   [:)] that outta stir some shit up its been to damn peaceful around here   [;)]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 2:11:43 PM EDT
[#7]
I was born in Ohio but I moved to Indiana
as soon as I heard about it.
~[b]Herb Shriner[/b]

What more can I say?
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 2:24:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm also in California. I'll give it a 3. Sure, we have a crappy government, too many regulations, taxes, etc. We also still have Prop 13, and we voted down the handgun registration referendum back when the actual people had a chance to vote on it. And it looks like we are going to bring Gov. Davis down in a recall.

If the Dems loose Cali, they sure will take notice . . . .
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 2:30:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Eric The(TexanSince1848!)Hun
View Quote

Hun, you've aged well!
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 2:33:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Give our liberal utopia of a state Maryland a 1.372. There are gunlock laws that have outlawed the sales of %80 of handguns. No more 1911 for sale in MD. It's for the children!
View Quote

God will stike down those who ban 1911s.

Banning other handguns is a crime. But banning 1911s is a sin.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 2:45:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
TN=12

CCW laws, no state income tax, great weather, great hunting, awesome fishing, plenty of lakes, everything from flat land (west TN) to mountains (East TN), and the best part Mid TN where I live.  We have the best roads in the country.  [b][size=3]And the best part of all, TN is where I met my wife.
View Quote
[/b][/size=3]

[b]I heard you were getting a new AR!!![headbang][/b]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 5:24:06 PM EDT
[#12]
MN is a beautiful state, nice forests up north and plenty of lakes for those who like to fish. It is too hot and humid in the summer, it sucks ass. The winter is OK, I don't mind the snow and cold that much. People who live up here drive like morons in snow. What gives, they F*****G live here! So in that regard I give it an 8, losing points for humidity and tard drivers.

On the political front it is not so good. At work I am surrounded by pussy ass liberals who are not friends of the Black Rifle to say the least. In general the liberal crap is pretty thick and nasty. They just don't get it.  
We just got concealed carry but damn near all of the F*****G stores (and my work) have signs not allowing guns in. Idiots.
We also lay claim to that waste of skin wellstone. At least we did...
But I can buy an AR or a handgun if I want so it could be a lot worse.  

I guess I give it a 3.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 5:30:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 5:52:54 PM EDT
[#14]
SC = 9+ heading toward a 10.

Just legalized Class 3, expanding CCW.

Conservative pols, 'cept for fathead Ernest Hollings.

Climates good...a little hot in the summer.

Link Posted: 7/1/2003 5:59:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Colorado @ 9+, the pistol packing Republican side, AKA the high side (vertically speaking).
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 6:21:36 PM EDT
[#16]

<----
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 6:53:37 PM EDT
[#17]
I'd give my state a 7. The weather is a bit wet during the winter but mid 70's during the summer. Lots of outdoor recreation if you can get there because traffic sucks! No state income tax but a high sales tax and gas tax. If it wasn't for liberal Seattle it would rate a 9.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 7:14:26 PM EDT
[#18]
10 definately a 10.
Texas Rules! it Rules!

God Bless Texas!
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 7:28:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Arizona is a 9.  Gun laws are some of the best in the nation.  Class III, Shall Issue CCW, Open Carry, and no waiting periods for gun purchases.  The heat is a double edged sword.  It keeps a lot of the faggot fucks from CA out of the state so it is a good thing.  But when it is a 115 degrees outside, its hot.
View Quote

Well, I just moved here from CA, so I am only slightly offended by your remark.  The heat is a bitch, and if one more person says "but its a DRY heat", I'm gonna unload...

I rate it a 9.  Great state for firearm ownership.  

Geoff
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 7:40:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The only reason it doesn't get a 10 is because  all of the Texan's and Californian's moving here. [:D]
View Quote

Between you n' me, 505, I miss the Texans. All they'd do was crash the party, get too loud, kill off the keg and then pass out on the livingroom floor. The Californians show up late, redecorate the place, change the music, complain that too many people can get their hands on beer (it's bad for the children, you know) and try to charge a cover at the door. When they finally get kicked out, they call the cops, file grievances with the city, buy the bank, foreclose and evict the partiers. *Then* they kill off the keg.

Yep you got it Keith, I hate to admit it but I like most of the Texans I have meet. We own a cabin in Creed and I have meet and drank some beer with many of my neighbors that are Texans. Of the ones that I have meet thier politics are not bad. But I really dont care for the Cali folks and thier politics. They seem to fit right in the Boulder crowd!!
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 7:45:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 7:47:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Sorry, Nevada ranks 15.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 3:32:16 AM EDT
[#23]
What is it with you texas guys? You don't really believe texas can rank a 10 or higher(incase you didn't notice, 10 is highest) do you?

Get out once in a while. Texas is nice but jeez, give it a break. As far as firearm laws go texas is is not that great. Try AZ or NV then you can see what "firearm friendly" [b]REALLY[/b] means.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 3:40:40 AM EDT
[#24]
Lived in NY = 0

Lived in CA = 0

Live  in NJ = -1

WTF - my wife does want to retire to one of the FOUR corner states, 15 more yrs. of TORTURE???[pound]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 3:42:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Arizona is a 9.  Gun laws are some of the best in the nation.  Class III, Shall Issue CCW, Open Carry, and no waiting periods for gun purchases.  The heat is a double edged sword.  It keeps a lot of the faggot fucks from CA out of the state so it is a good thing.  But when it is a 115 degrees outside, its hot.
View Quote

Well, I just moved here from CA, so I am only slightly offended by your remark.  The heat is a bitch, and if one more person says "but its a DRY heat", I'm gonna unload...

I rate it a 9.  Great state for firearm ownership.  

Geoff
View Quote

Come on guys,
The heat is what keep the panty waist out of our beautiful state!
AZ=10
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 3:55:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Nebraska: Cold winters, hot humid summers, taxes that keep going up, no CCW.
Good news: open carry, Full auto/ silencer friendly, not many people outside Omaha, lots of work.
(I've been to Texas and AZ, and LA-very friendly gun states.)
Here: 5
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 4:48:18 AM EDT
[#27]
9, it would be a 9.5 if we didn't need a ccl, & could carry any knife we wanted. Like switch blades, & blade length wasn't an issue. It would be a 9.75 if they added a few mountain ranges,rivers, & lot's more lakes.
I really love Texas more than any state I have ever lived in.
I have wanted to live in Alaska since I was 9, the 1st time I went there. I won't go until I loose my folks, & Texas will always be in my heart.
[center][b][red]God Bless Texas![/red][white] & the whole[/white][blue]USA[/blue][/b][/center]
[center][USA][/center]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 4:52:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Lion_Dog

Please have Mrs. Lion_Dog talk to Mrs. MAP about the move to the 4 corners area.

It would be appreciated.

Mike

Link Posted: 7/2/2003 6:28:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Lion_Dog

Please have Mrs. Lion_Dog talk to Mrs. MAP about the move to the 4 corners area.

It would be appreciated.

Mike

View Quote

Check email....[;)]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 6:35:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Current State NY: 0
Previous State UT: 8

Would much rather be back in UT or at least back west (AZ, UT, WY, ID, NV)

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top