Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/30/2003 10:37:54 AM EDT
Anyone have one of these from joeken firearms?.......what do i need to know......Underdog
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 10:38:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/30/2003 10:39:59 AM EDT by DriftPunch]
I've got an ARM (model 392). What is Joeken? Are they making new ones off Hesse receivers?
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 10:41:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/30/2003 10:42:03 AM EDT by underdog75]
Yes from what i understand.....They say VULCAN but that is hesse right?......Is this sucka worth $1000?..................UNDERDOG BTW id love to see pics of yours you can email em to me.....
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 10:47:13 AM EDT
Here's a sister to mine, get ready to drool. Note that the 392 has a 16 inch barrel. It's supposed to be less common than the standard length of 18 inches. To be honest, I'd rather have the 18 inch barrel. [url]http://www.fjvollmer.com/A%20Gun%20Photos/May%202003/5-28/ARM/Galil.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 10:49:29 AM EDT
joeken sells the vulcan (used to be called hesse...still made by robert hesse's high school kids) galil clone. they are built from well used galil parts on a hesse/vulcan receiver. if the pipe gages "excellent" (may have to look at a few before finding a minty bore) and the assembly quality is good (no crooked sights/gas blocks, etc.) they are worth the money. pre-ban .223 ar and arm galils regularly fetch $2k and up.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 10:51:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/30/2003 10:51:45 AM EDT by Andreuha]
Anyone know where to get parts kits and receiver blueprints of this beauty?
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 10:54:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/30/2003 10:55:27 AM EDT by DriftPunch]
I've built my own galil, on one of the last IMI 'sporter' receivers. Indeed the kit was junk. If it was a FAL kit, you'd have sent it back, but because it was a far less common Galil ARM kit, I really had no choice. Building one sucked, as it was well beyond my ability. However, I decided to step up to the plate. Why you ask? Because you must drill your own gas port if using a new barrel (which you'll have to with these kits). Why you ask? Because the thing is headspaced by how deeply the barrel is threaded, so you don't know which way is up until you've headspaced it. Unless Hesse made a jig for this, expect some timing issues. Mine's off, but still in the range of the front sights windage (just barely). Of course, it didn't hurt to have the 392 around for comparison.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 10:56:05 AM EDT
Of course, you never know if Joeken's transporter to a parallel bizzaro universe (where their warehouse is located) is up and functioning. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 11:24:36 AM EDT
[b]Unless Hesse made a jig for this, expect some timing issues.[/b] this, from the company that "test fires" into a pipe in the shop floor!
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 11:29:48 AM EDT
Total garbage!! Don't waste your money. My friend bought one from a NJ distributor. After firing one magazine it stared to rip the brass into two pieces upon extracting. Took it back the the shop and was given number two. Junk again, wouldn't even chamber a round. Took that back and number three had the same problem as number one. Took that back and got a refund. Dealer ended up sending all 10 he bought back for credit. HESSE SUCKS !!!!
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 11:31:23 AM EDT
Well, I'm into machining and whatnot, so thats not a problem for me. Is the kit worthy? By that I mean that assembled correctly, will it function like a commercially built one?
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 1:12:49 PM EDT
Originally Posted By PINEBARON: Total garbage!! Don't waste your money. My friend bought one from a NJ distributor. After firing one magazine it stared to rip the brass into two pieces upon extracting. Took it back the the shop and was given number two. Junk again, wouldn't even chamber a round. Took that back and number three had the same problem as number one. Took that back and got a refund. Dealer ended up sending all 10 he bought back for credit. HESSE SUCKS !!!!
View Quote
Makes me happy that I got mine to work... My kit was from JLD. It was fair at best. I was apparently lucky as my handguard was sound, and only had one minor gouge(although it was completely saturated in cosmo-filth). Some got almost unusable handguards. Keep in mind that mine was the less common ARM kit. Perhaps the AR kits are better off. To answer your question, my kit was basically sound, with the exception of the barrel, but was well worn and had lots of dents and scratches. It was dated 1975 and came out of Central America, so it would have had a story to tell if it could talk. As far as assembly, your results will be a mix of your skill and the receiver quality. Thus, with a Hesse product, you can get one that works, or one that is wildly out of spec. My success was based on me alone, as mine was an IMI receiver. FYI: THE Gordon Tech double hook drops in with only a little material removal from the trigger where it passes through the receiver.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 9:42:06 PM EDT
Dam no Galil for me!.....Well i guess its a Maxed out AK-74 clone[:)]...............UNDERDOG thanks guys.........
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 10:19:53 PM EDT
Why not a Valmet 76? They're similar to the Galil and costs less. I think mags are harder to come by and more costly though.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 10:22:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/30/2003 10:23:49 PM EDT by TREETOP]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 11:07:22 PM EDT
Kinda looking for something i can do myself....Most kits ive seen go for like 700-800$ plus whatever a reciever goes for plus 400 for him to build puts it outta the ballpark....Does anyone import or built valmet76's...Prebans look a little$$$$$$
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 11:20:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/30/2003 11:22:01 PM EDT by SeaDweller]
Originally Posted By underdog75: Kinda looking for something i can do myself....Most kits ive seen go for like 700-800$ plus whatever a reciever goes for plus 400 for him to build puts it outta the ballpark....Does anyone import or built valmet76's...Prebans look a little$$$$$$
View Quote
I have only seen complete Vals for sale. Starting at around $1500 and up. Vollmer had one 99% 76 .223 for $1200 not long ago. Never seen a kit or receiver sold separately.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 4:32:29 AM EDT
Originally Posted By underdog75: Does anyone import or build valmet76's
View Quote
Valmet stopped production of all models in 1989. That year, they were acquired and absorbed into Sako. I don't think you'll ever see Valmet kits available. Perhaps out of Quatar or one of the countries that bought Valmets on contract, but I have my doubts, especially in the current legal climate regarding imports.
Top Top