Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/3/2001 6:46:33 AM EDT
Almost 5 years ago I quit my job with a fortune 100 company and went to work for a small local I.T. consulting firm. It is a small shop (< 20 employees) and I was a little concerned about long-term job security. When I interviewed with the company I was asked if I would have a problem working on a state government account for 6 months. The job required that I be at the customer site daily. I was not thrilled with the 120 mile round trip drive and even less thrilled to be working for this customer. . I took the job thinking that I could handle 6 months of hell. Well the whole Y2K thing happened and 6 months turned into 4 and a half years. I just finished my last project with the customer & started working for a real customer. I can honestly say that the working for the State has been the worst professional experience that I have ever had. I thought about quitting on a daily basis. The only thing that kept me going was that I really like the consulting firm. Everyone that works for us is a member of the gun culture, as Mr. Ross would say. It is not uncommon for an employee to bring his or her newest firearm for show and tell. The owners pay us extremely well for the job that we do. I know for a fact that the bulk of last year’s profits were paid out in employee bonuses. Well I just finished my last project for the State & began working for a real customer. Last Monday I was asked to come to our office to assist one of the owners. I am sitting in the owner’s office working on his terminal when both owners come in carrying a brand new Dillon XL650 reloader with all the accessories. They told me that it was pay back for 4 and a half years of hell!!! I am proud to say that my employer is awesome!!!

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 2/3/2001 6:49:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Lucky bastage.
Link Posted: 2/3/2001 6:56:27 AM EDT
[#2]
that is awesome!!! Sometimes hard work does pay off, and is appriciated.
Link Posted: 2/3/2001 7:20:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/3/2001 8:29:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/3/2001 9:43:32 AM EDT
[#5]
You guys need anyone in the finance dept. maybe? I'm a pretty good go fer. How bout a receptionist? I look pretty cool in a mini skirt specially on days I shave my hairy ass.
Link Posted: 2/3/2001 9:48:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/3/2001 3:08:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/3/2001 3:44:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Well I was about to ask LT to submit resume & pic's but on second thought....
Link Posted: 2/3/2001 3:58:28 PM EDT
[#9]
When I was a lowly college student the owner of the gas station I worked at was an FFL holder. When it came time for the yearly bonuses, he offered us either cash or a new firearm at dealer cost. Being young and in need of party money ("Hey sugar, can I buy you a drink?"), I always went with the cash. Now I regret it! Women come and go, but a good firearm will always be with you. hehe

mattja
Link Posted: 2/3/2001 4:02:01 PM EDT
[#10]
My employer makes me lay in mud puddles and continue to shoot thousands of rounds of ammunition. This goes on and on no matter how loud I protest.

All the World's Finest!
http://www.Lightfighter.com
Link Posted: 2/3/2001 4:25:11 PM EDT
[#11]
I can't complain too much...  My boss just took my MP5 on a business trip with him! [:D]

* [i]Lurking ATF Agents need not freak, it's a shared FFL and SOT![/i]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top