Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 6/30/2003 1:24:39 AM EDT
So like I got taken out to dinner tonight. When the waiter came back with the credit card slip there was a printed section on there that he made sure to circle which stated that the 15% tip was x amount of dollars. WTF is up with that? I remember when waiters EARNED their tip not this bullshit where they come out demanding how much they want.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 1:35:43 AM EDT
[#1]
If that had happened to me I would have put $0 for the tip.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 1:42:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 1:48:36 AM EDT
[#3]
If the service was good, I'd give the 15% but make damned sure that management knew that IMO, circling the amount was being pushy and rude.

If the service wasn't good, I'd give nothing.

Even if service is poor, I'll give a small tip, usually.  But if circle boy the assclown handed me a check with the tip amount circled after giving sub-standard service, he would get a ball of pocket lint for a tip.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 1:49:46 AM EDT
[#4]

Shoot Dave, who you tryin' to kid?

I doubt you know 9 people who would willingly sit down to a meal with ya'.

j/k

Link Posted: 6/30/2003 1:51:44 AM EDT
[#5]
I dine out a lot and have never seen a circled 15% tip.  In both high end and low end joints.

The only thing is where it's printed that parties of 6-8 or more will have a 15-18% gratuity automatically added.

What the fck restaurant was this?  

That pushy fcko's got a lot of nerve.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 2:01:37 AM EDT
[#6]
From an earlier topic I found out that it is [b]against the law[/b] not to tip 15%. This was from a waiter and a poster on this board, be careful with that 0% talk or you might go to jail.*

What I would do is circle your [b]1%[/b] tip and write, "fuck you tip circling bitch" or "it is rude to circle a tip". Whichever seems the most appropiate at the time.

*Edited to clarify that that was my attempt at humor, although a person did really say that. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 2:16:08 AM EDT
[#7]
What I've always wanted to do is start out the meal with a stack of quarters on the table.  Explain to the waitperson "this is your tip.  Everytime you are slow, or rude, or I see you goofing off, one quarter comes off the top."
Why haven't I done this?  Because I am quite sure that I'd get great service, and everything that came to my table would have a giant goober (or worse) in it.

As for the 15% circling dumbshit, I also would have given him nothing and written on the receipt why I did so.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 2:16:08 AM EDT
[#8]
I normally prefer giving tips to those who don't ask for them. The only thing I would have offered to this a$$hole would be a piece of well chewed Doublemint! Hehe.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 2:39:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
From an earlier topic I found out that it is [b]against the law[/b] not to tip 15%. This was from a waiter and a poster on this board, be careful with that 0% talk or you might go to jail.

What I would do is circle your [b]1%[/b] tip and write, "fuck you tip circling bitch" or "it is rude to circle a tip". Whichever seems the most appropiate at the time.
View Quote

I'd like to see the law on that.  I'd be convicted of a felony by now if that was true.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 2:49:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
From an earlier topic I found out that it is [b]against the law[/b] not to tip 15%. This was from a waiter and a poster on this board, be careful with that 0% talk or you might go to jail.

View Quote

I'd like to see the law on that.  I'd be convicted of a felony by now if that was true.
View Quote

It isn't true. Some idiot showed up here one day and started claiming that it was theft of services if you didn't tip. He pulled out some Texas state law and twisted it all around trying to prove his point. I can't believe that anyone actually fell for that...
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 2:57:21 AM EDT
[#11]
He was insulting your intelligence, Imbroglio.  I hope you didn't tip him anything.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 2:57:38 AM EDT
[#12]
I didn't fall for it, thought it was obviously stupid enough that I didn't need the [sarcastic]  [/sarcastic] brackets. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 3:00:58 AM EDT
[#13]
You should have vomited up the food and then said you hated it.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 3:06:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I didn't fall for it, thought it was obviously stupid enough that I didn't need the [sarcastic]  [/sarcastic] brackets. [:D]
View Quote

hahaha...no, I wasn't talking about you....

I was talking about some of the other people in that thread that belived him, since he was in the "know" by being a waiter and all. He lived and worked in Dallas and I had a good mind of going down there and requesting him as a server just so I could not tip him. Then I would just sit around after he picked up the check to see if he would actually call the cops.

If the waiter guy is still around then please post to this thread and I'll get down there sometime this week as I have nothing else to do.

[:D]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 4:20:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Yep, pretty rude.  I would have given a token tip, say 5%.  I've had waitresses ask me if I want change from  $20 for a $10 meal.  They don't get much, either, just enough to let them know I didn't forget.

Worst are the mandatory tips for parties of X or more.  Every time I've eaten with a group in a situation like that, the service has been horrible.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 4:41:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I've had waitresses ask me if I want change from  $20 for a $10 meal.  
View Quote

Anytime someone asks me if I want change it pisses me off. Yes, I want my fucking change and it's coming out of your tip for asking.

I'm not a small tipper if I get good service. 30 or 40% isn't unusual and maybe more if I'm at a really nice place and get great service. But if the service sucks, you're a smartass, or if you ask me if I want change and you don't look like Anna Kournikova then your wages will be going down dramatically.

If my glass goes empty I don't even care, but if I sit there for 10 minutes without anything to drink then there probably won't be a tip.

I once spelled out TIP with my fries and dotted the "I" with a penny.

Just do your job right, and I don't even give a shit if you smile or talk a lot, and you'll get paid. Do a half assed job and get a half assed tip.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 4:46:17 AM EDT
[#17]
I quit eating out. Expensive, and all the fuckers jackoff into the food, add boogers and snot on anything with sauce and use crotchjam  for spice. God only knows what they do to your soup.

It's a fucking circus in the kitchen. With assclowns in charge.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 4:47:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
What I've always wanted to do is start out the meal with a stack of quarters on the table.  Explain to the waitperson "this is your tip.  Everytime you are slow, or rude, or I see you goofing off, one quarter comes off the top."
View Quote

Thats what Dick Solomon does. (Third Rock From the Sun)
[ROFL2]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 4:47:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I was talking about some of the other people in that thread that belived him, since he was in the "know" by being a waiter and all. He lived and worked in Dallas and I had a good mind of going down there and requesting him as a server just so I could not tip him. Then I would just sit around after he picked up the check to see if he would actually call the cops.

If the waiter guy is still around then please post to this thread and I'll get down there sometime this week as I have nothing else to do.

View Quote

well, i'm not a waiter, but the...ahem...idiot... you're referring to is me.  [:D]

amusingly enough, that thread, and this issue, came up at the restaurant last week.  we were hosting a recruitment party for a local law firm, ('tis the season) and a couple of the junior partners were hanging out at the bar.  one woman asked me what i did if a guest refused to tip, and i gave my position on the theft of services statute.  both of them stated that it would be a winnable case for the server, and the conversation progressed to other topics.

well, the dinner went splendidly, and my staff performed flawlessly.  the funny part is this:  during the after-dinner cocktails, both of the junior partners had asked the opinion of one of the senior partners, and he agreed that the case was winnable.  more importantly, he was so amused by the whole thing that he threw in an additional 5% on top of the 18%.  he referred to it as my 'consultation fee'.

let me tell ya, 23% on a $3200 tab is nothing to sneeze at.

i think we covered everything in the other thread, and i have no wish to rehash.  but ponyboy asked, so i just had to drop in.

all in good fun  [:)]

edit:  i do think that the circling crap is way out of line, however.  i've never allowed that type of stuff tableside.

Link Posted: 6/30/2003 5:01:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

well, i'm not a waiter, but the...ahem...idiot... you're referring to is me.  [:D]

amusingly enough, that thread, and this issue, came up at the restaurant last week.  we were hosting a recruitment party for a local law firm, ('tis the season) and a couple of the junior partners were hanging out at the bar.  one woman asked me what i did if a guest refused to tip, and i gave my position on the theft of services statute.  both of them stated that it would be a winnable case for the server, and the conversation progressed to other topics.

well, the dinner went splendidly, and my staff performed flawlessly.  the funny part is this:  during the after-dinner cocktails, both of the junior partners had asked the opinion of one of the senior partners, and he agreed that the case was winnable.  more importantly, he was so amused by the whole thing that he threw in an additional 5% on top of the 18%.  he referred to it as my 'consultation fee'.

i think we covered everything in the other thread, and i have no wish to rehash.  but ponyboy asked, so i just had to drop in.

edit:  i do think that the circling crap is way out of line, however.  i've never allowed that type of stuff tableside.

View Quote

So, where are you at so I can come down and stiff ya? [:D]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 5:06:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Seriously, I'm giving you some shit even though I still disagree with you and I knew this thread would draw your attention. Let me know where you're at (west end if I remember correctly), cause I'll be heading down there next Sunday with another board member and we might drop by. (I might even tip) [:)]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 5:09:40 AM EDT
[#22]
sirensong, I'd love to see you pull that BS on me. [}:D]

Hell, I've never been to Texas but it would be fun just to go so I can stiff your whiney ass.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 5:17:53 AM EDT
[#23]
I bartended through college, and know how important tips can be to someones bottom line. A lot of establisments allow tipped employees to make very little hourly (It was 2.01 forever) but there are some very cheap bastards who never tip. The should wear a scarlet T.

[b]T[/b]o
[b]I[/b]nsure
[b]P[/b]roper
[b]S[/b]ervice

I start a waiter/ress out at 15%. Its theirs to improve or lose depending on the level of attention to detail on my pleasure. I have given 50% twice, they all but gave me a BJ while eating, and as soon as I thought of something, I could literally hold out my hand and it was there.

Three times I recall a zero tip, with multiple flagrant violations of not only ettiquette, but just flat shitty service. All three times I summoned the manager and explained the TIP scenario and made the multipoint case of why there was no tip.

I would guess more often than not I get fairly good service and the average tip is 20%.

Link Posted: 6/30/2003 5:27:25 AM EDT
[#24]
In a lot of countries in Europe, they have the 15 percent automatically included in the bill. It is not a suggestion but it is mandatory like the tax. What really irks me is that when some American tourist comes and pays usually, what happens is that he doesn’t know (he is on vacation and doesn’t read the receipt) and on top of the 15 percent that is included he tips like he would as if there was no tip paid (like in the states). I remember I saw this once and the waiter just took it without explaining a word to this poor fellow.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 5:28:54 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
So like I got taken out to dinner tonight. When the waiter came back with the credit card slip there was a printed section on there that he made sure to circle which stated that the 15% tip was x amount of dollars. WTF is up with that? I remember when waiters EARNED their tip not this bullshit where they come out demanding how much they want.
View Quote

Weird. I have never seen this. My response would have been to ask the waiter why that section was circled (in a very neutral way) and let them hem and haw and sputter about it. This would amuse me. I would then leave whatever tip the service merited.

FWIW, the IRS taxes waiters as though they have received 13% on top of their checks, so leaving less than 13% (on credit card payments) actually costs the waiter money because they have to pay taxes on the 13% whether you tip or not...

Link Posted: 6/30/2003 5:34:20 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'd be pretty pissed. My response would be ZERO unless they had earned something, in which case the amount would be comensurate with their service.

Unfortunately, dropping a hint for a tip is a BIG no-no in my book.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 5:39:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I'd be pretty pissed. My response would be ZERO unless they had earned something, in which case the amount would be comensurate with their service.

Unfortunately, dropping a hint for a tip is a BIG no-no in my book.
View Quote

When they start hint dropping, I generally leave a note behind.

'Plant your corn early'

'wash your hands before you eat'

'stay out of dark alleys'

Something like that.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 5:42:17 AM EDT
[#28]
theft of services....why don't you try to explain how you are entitled to money that's in my pocket.......winnable my ass...you must have been talking to a yankee lawyer. Why don't ya'll all move back to boston.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 5:44:23 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
FWIW, the IRS taxes waiters as though they have received 13% on top of their checks, so leaving less than 13% (on credit card payments) actually costs the waiter money because they have to pay taxes on the 13% whether you tip or not...

View Quote

Actually, the total is tallied on all the server's sales, not just on credit card slips.  They do get double boned if you still them.

Geoff
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 6:04:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
theft of services....why don't you try to explain how you are entitled to money that's in my pocket.......winnable my ass...you must have been talking to a yankee lawyer. Why don't ya'll all move back to boston.
View Quote

My sister and one of her partners that overheard us talking about this same thing months ago have the same outlook and they aren't junior partners. Basically what it boils down to is that the the "service" of being served your food is inferred in the cost of the food itself. You don't have a choice in whether a waiter brings your food or if you go back to the kitchen and cook and bring it out to your table yourself.

That is the whole point in going out to eat and pay more for food that you could cook at home yourself for 1/2 the price.

Look up the word gratuity in the dictionary and this is what you will find:

[b]Main Entry: gra·tu·ity
Pronunciation: gr&-'tü-&-tE, -'tyü-
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural -ities
Date: 1540
: something given voluntarily or beyond obligation usually for some service; especially : TIP[/b]

The key words there being [red][b]voluntarily or beyond obligation[/b][/red]. That is also why you will see in the menus of many restaraunts that a 15% gratuity is automatically added to the bill on parties of 10 or more. Without this little notice it would be illegal for them to attempt to charge the extra 15%.

Any lawyer that commented that the "theft of services" law would be a winnable case for the server is a moron. Theft of services is a criminal offense and I seriously doubt that there is one cop in the Great State of Texas that would arrest someone for not leaving a tip. Would it even be worth it for a server or establishment to sue and go to court to find a proponderance of evidence that a patron actually stiffed them out of $7.50 in a civil case?

The whole notion is pretty rediculous.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 6:08:57 AM EDT
[#31]
Here's a tip:
Don't tell me how much you want for a tip.

Jay
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 6:13:16 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Here's a tip:

Jay
View Quote
Exactamente!
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 6:13:44 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Here's a tip:

Jay
View Quote

The real question is though, would you arrest a fellow officer for theft of services or would you stand with him behind the thin blue line with all of the other JBTs?
just kidding [:D]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 6:16:30 AM EDT
[#34]
I think it sucks that there are so many on this boared that realize that tipping is a measure of service,

when there are so few out there in the real world,

any waiter will start off not saying anything about his tip, but give him a steady stream of low-lifes who have no idea what acceptable and unacceptable service is, and they stiff you,
It becomes almost second nature to circle it because after all meybe the party is just dense.

I have no problem with charging gratuity on big parties, that table is probably a big part of ONE waiters night, and to get stiffed is to get put out of a night's work. Just becuase the icewater glass didn't have enough ice, or "the ranch just didn't taste right"

how many of y'all would go into work to NOT get paid?

I had a table rack up a 2 thousand dollar tab,
and we had the choice to grat them (add it in) or hope for the better,

well I didn't add it in, because the service had been impeccable, and thought that these big spenders would know what to do,

end result? 2 dollars on $2000

EDIT: That's why I don't wait tables anymore,
can't stand the idiots.

Link Posted: 6/30/2003 6:28:41 AM EDT
[#35]
I love these stories of some loser working a job for pennies and expecting me to help pay his bills.....get this...I work at my job and I get paid what I need to live. Until you start living at my house, it is not my job to pay for you. You wanna work for tips, enjoy it. But don't bitch when the shill doesn't pay you. The times in my life when I had great service, I can count on one hand and on two of those I didn't have any money in my pocket to tip with.
You want me to go eat somewhere cheaper so I can support you?
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 6:37:48 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

So like you [b] got taken out to dinner[/b]

You wound up with the credit card receipt.

Hmmm.   Did you get [u]taken out[/u]

or taken  [u]at[/u] dinner?????  

Don't accept too many of those "I'll take you out to dinner and you pay for it" invitations.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 6:40:28 AM EDT
[#37]
This is really a simple thing, DO YOUR FUCKING JOB RIGHT AND GET A TIP! Expect a tip regardless of service, Piss Off!!

I am soooo sick of people whinning about this kind of crap. You have a job, DO IT! Dont bitch, dont whine, do your fucking job. I work hard for the little money have, you damm sure will work harder to get it from me!

If you dont like getting stiffed by people in the form of not getting tips, shape the fuck up or get a different job.

Any of you out their that think circling a tip amount on my ticket is going to get you anywhere, your sadly mistaken. Take me to court, I dare ya.

CH
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 6:43:06 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The times in my life when I had great service, I can count on one hand and on two of those I didn't have any money in my pocket to tip with.
View Quote

Should have gotten it to go,

you can not tip, and get the service you expect from yourself.

Link Posted: 6/30/2003 6:45:00 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
This is really a simple thing, DO YOUR FUCKING JOB RIGHT AND GET A TIP!
CH
View Quote

What about when they do their fucking job right and the customer is to much of a thrifty penny pincher to lay out for good service.

No wonder this nation is going to hell in a handbasket,

everybody expects something but when they get it they don't want to put out for it.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 6:49:19 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I think it sucks that there are so many on this boared that realize that tipping is a measure of service,

when there are so few out there in the real world,

any waiter will start off not saying anything about his tip, but give him a steady stream of low-lifes who have no idea what acceptable and unacceptable service is, and they stiff you,
It becomes almost second nature to circle it because after all meybe the party is just dense.

I have no problem with charging gratuity on big parties, that table is probably a big part of ONE waiters night, and to get stiffed is to get put out of a night's work. Just becuase the icewater glass didn't have enough ice, or "the ranch just didn't taste right"

how many of y'all would go into work to NOT get paid?

I had a table rack up a 2 thousand dollar tab,
and we had the choice to grat them (add it in) or hope for the better,

well I didn't add it in, because the service had been impeccable, and thought that these big spenders would know what to do,

end result? 2 dollars on $2000

EDIT: That's why I don't wait tables anymore,
can't stand the idiots.

View Quote

Sounds like an episode of that show "Punk'd" on TNT.  Can't help but feel that these kinds of acts are being perpetuated by a society that finds it entertaining to be a jerk, a jackass, or just rude.  Count me out.  These guys are poisoning the water for the polite.  Revenge isn't always meted out to the guilty.

I tip 10-15% if they do their job.  Done right, it's not a minimum wage job, although I know many get that.  If I feel good about the experience I tip 20-25%.  

I'm pretty unhappy with the trend of asking "do you need change".  Sometimes, of course, the answer would be no but when I lay a $100 bill on a $30 check the answer is obvious and they should have looked so they don't seem foolish or greedy.  It's common sense.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 6:52:08 AM EDT
[#41]
The other day we all went to eat at D&B. We get our bills separately. Instead of hiding it using the computer (as some places do, to which I will usually make them take it off), the guy hand-wrote the tip in, with a new total. I scratched it out and paid almost the exact amount.

I have noticed, if you go in with large parties, that most wait staff assume they will get a tip no matter what (sinc ethey will include it on the bill), which means they think they can slack off-- and they usually do.

At this particular occasion: I was right-- I had to get up SEVERAL times to get my own tea, or to get them to bring us tea, and they were not even that crowded. They guy was constantly forgetting to bring things, etc. Get lousy service: don't get a tip.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 6:53:48 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Just cross it out and put the tip amount that you feel is fair. It was just a suggestion by him.

I don't like going to places that add 10% to groups of 10 or more. I just tell them there will be two groups of 5 sitting together tonight.
View Quote

I tell them the same thing: its not like they had to work extra hard-- the tables would have been occupied anyway.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 6:56:15 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

It isn't true. Some idiot showed up here one day and started claiming that it was theft of services if you didn't tip. He pulled out some Texas state law and twisted it all around trying to prove his point. I can't believe that anyone actually fell for that...
View Quote

Yeah: I remember that guy. He was a manager of a bar/restaurant in Deep Ellum (downtown Dallas).
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 7:03:23 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

The waiter will make up for this in his cash tips.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 7:09:33 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
[b]Main Entry: gra·tu·ity
Pronunciation: gr&-'tü-&-tE, -'tyü-
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural -ities
Date: 1540
: something given voluntarily or beyond obligation usually for some service; especially : TIP[/b]

The key words there being [red][b]voluntarily or beyond obligation[/b][/red]. That is also why you will see in the menus of many restaraunts that a 15% gratuity is automatically added to the bill on parties of 10 or more. Without this little notice it would be illegal for them to attempt to charge the extra 15%.
View Quote

Being that a "gratuity" of 15% would be added to a bill, that means its no longer a gratuity since they are forcing it upon you, therefore making it null and void. If they expect a 15% gratuity for large parties, they better earn that tip, or I will be sure to subtract it from the bill since "SERVICES WERE NOT RENEDERED".

Also, I hate it when they include the tip in the bill, and don't inform you, and they know you will most-likely tip again... really sucks, but it happens all the time, and they are basically scamming the customers.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 7:10:58 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

[rofl2]

Sirensong, you're a riot.  

These "lawyers" must have learned their craft in the prison law library, trying to make writs that would free them (because of course they we not guilty).   Did they have a lot of do-it-youself tatoos?

Or maybe they had big red noses and long floppy shoes.

Or you just dreamed of them.  Or they were "four sheets to the wind".

First, of all the lawyers that exist, most of them have never prosecuted a criminal case.

Seccond, to even get to court, you would have to find a cop that could dampen his laughing at you enough to keep his hand sufficiently steady to write a legible citation.  Oh yeah, impaired judgement would help, too.

Third, your whole poosture here is hypothetical.
Cite a real case where a non-tipping restaurant / bar customer has actually been [b]found guilty[/b] of "theft of services" for not leaving a tip.   Give the jurisdiction, docket / file number, defendant's name  -- everything needed for the court clerk to give us the file.   Then one of us could see if there is anything to discuss.  Personally, I'm not going to waste any of my time on

I do have to admire your previously shown ability to baffle a few gullible members with this BS. [;D]

Have you got any more of these theories?
Are they about UFO's? [rofl]

Link Posted: 6/30/2003 7:14:27 AM EDT
[#47]
Bottom line: if you get Denny's Service, expect to get a Denny's sized tip.

Just because the food costs a lot more at one place, doesn't mean you should get 15% or more tip.

Tips are based on various factors, but I think its rediculous that if I go some place and order a burger, the tip would cost more if I ordered a steak instead, yet the waiter did nothing different.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 8:02:02 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

If I was a waiter, this would be all the more reason for me to DO MY FUCKING JOB.  I mean really, that's all that anyone in this thread is asking, do your fucking job.  Pay based on performance.  I know it's a lost concept in this day and age, but it shouldn't be THAT alien.  Drywallers and other pieceworkers (ceiling installers) get paid by their performance.  If you can hang 10 boards a day, you get paid for 10.  If you can hang 20, you get paid for 20.  Pretty simple.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 8:26:49 AM EDT
[#49]
Ghost,
If you read the rest of my post you will find your awnser, GET A DIFFERENT JOB if you dont like what your doing!

Dont fucking whine about "penny pinchers", and pull this "poor me" bullshit, its your job, do it right and shut the fuck up!

You are right about one thing though, this country is going to hell, because of whiny ass fuckers like you! Spending all of your time whining about what you didnt get and how bad you have it and not spending enough being happy with what you have.

CH

Link Posted: 6/30/2003 8:29:02 AM EDT
[#50]
I don't really have a problem with adding tips to bills for large groups. They run a waitress ragged because every 30 secs someone else wants something and then frequently don't leave a tip. That is total BS[BS]. Such people need a good one upside the head. To do so otherwise however, is quite rude.

We went out last night and left 25%. I don't ususlly tip that high but I am pretty generous. She was a college student we know.  Probably still tip 15% to some who don't deserve a tip but I know what it is like dealing with the public so I try to cut 'em a little slack.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top