Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/29/2003 3:37:09 PM EDT

I don't like the ones who say racially offensive stuff (i.e. Chris Rock) but Chris Tucker and Eddie Murphy are hilarious! Which ones-if any- do yall like?
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 7:19:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm offically all white(not racist) but do like chris rock,Eddies the king after Richard Pryor,preceeded by  Red Foxx,And Hugley is the man!   But I like the new guy on the block Something Mac!(maybe Bernnie)  Of course there are alot of us funny white dudes still around too!

Humour has no colors or prejudices!   Lighten up frances!  Edited to say don't forget the Whymans!

Bob [:D]

Link Posted: 6/29/2003 7:21:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Redd Fox and the Richard Prior.
Back when politically correct humor was not normal.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 5:27:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Can you imagine how boring Def Comedy Jam would be without white guy jokes?
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 5:40:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I don't like the ones who say racially offensive stuff (i.e. Chris Rock) but Chris Tucker and Eddie Murphy are hilarious! Which ones-if any- do yall like?
View Quote

I like the funny comedians. I don't give a shit if their jokes are taken to be racially offensive by someone else. It's a joke and it supposed to be funny, not literally offensive. Jokes about blacks are funny, jokes about whites are funny, jokes about American Indians are funny. My jewish brother in law knows some of the funniest jew jokes that I've ever heard.

A comedians job is to take ordinary everyday topics and find a humorous side of it. Who cares if some people take offense to being made fun of?
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 5:59:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Chris Rock isn't racially offensive.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 6:01:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Can you imagine how boring Def Comedy Jam would be without white guy jokes?
View Quote

"Ever notice how white guys are like this (imitate something dorky and uptight, especially in a nasal voice).......and black guys are like this? (exaggerate the funky and the soufull)"
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 6:35:16 AM EDT
[#7]
I think the "best" comic (black or white) ever is Bill Cosby.  The man can take a simple, everyday event and make you laugh til it hurts.  All without being offensive.  I have a bunch of his albems(gees, that dates me) and love to listen to them
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 7:00:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Well les' see
Chris Rock is good, Richard Pryor was funny as hell. Chris Tucker is friggin hillarious! Bernie Mac is pretty good too. I don't really like Eddie Murphy too much, dunno why jus something about him. He was pretty funny in Dr. Doolittle and the Nutty Professor though. Bill Cosby is just plain funny whenever he speaks, hell I used to like his jello pudding pop commercials!
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 7:04:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Chris Tucker is serverly annoying with that voice of his.
Chris Rock is not funny.

Eddie Murphy is funny. I like the old standup he did. "Son, why u put your dick in the sink?"

Dis guy is funny blackman:
[img]http://www.davechapelle.com/images/cs_photo_10_big.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 7:17:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Chris Rock isn't racially offensive.
View Quote

But, Martin Lawrence is.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 7:19:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Dave Chapelle (I cant spell his last name) is absolutely hilarious
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 7:25:01 AM EDT
[#12]
haaaahahahaha
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 7:53:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Andrew Dice Clay...the way he was treated..if he was black, he would be the richest man in comedy.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 8:03:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Chris Tucker is serverly annoying with that voice of his.
Chris Rock is not funny.

Eddie Murphy is funny. I like the old standup he did. "Son, why u put your dick in the sink?"

Dis guy is funny blackman:
[url]http://www.davechapelle.com/images/cs_photo_10_big.jpg[/url]
View Quote

I agree 100%

Chris rock is retarded

Dave chapelle is hilarious
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 8:05:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Paul Mooney. Even more racially offensive than Chris Rock.

But they are both telling the truth. [:D]

Editted to add: Dave Chapelle is freaking hilarious. Conspiracy Brother was great.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 8:19:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I think the "best" comic (black or white) ever is Bill Cosby.  The man can take a simple, everyday event and make you laugh til it hurts.  All without being offensive.  I have a bunch of his albems(gees, that dates me) and love to listen to them
View Quote

I second Bill Cosby - my all-time favorite (of ALL comedians - white or black).
CR
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 8:41:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Chappelle's Show is funny as snot.  If you have not seen him, download some video.  Real Deep Impact and Great NY Boobs are hillarious.

[url]http://www.comedycentral.com/tv_shows/chappellesshow/[/url]

I like the early Chris Rock, but Chris Tucker blows.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 8:58:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Sinbad is an a-hole (is he really black?)
Debra Wilson and Arie Spears are great.
Chappelle is way funny. "I want some crack!"
His reparations skit was too much.
Those ones who say "racially offensive" stuff get it out in the open and in my opinion, do much to show people how stupid racism is.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 9:30:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Redd Fox and the Richard Prior.
Back when politically correct humor was not normal.
View Quote

Ditto that . . .
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 10:30:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Anyone see the Chapelle's Show skit "Trading Spouses" where the black family and white family traded dads??????

Link Posted: 6/30/2003 10:42:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Jesse Jackson is pretty stupid in a funny way and that Al Sharpton is pretty funning too.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 10:48:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Politically incorrect humor is fine.
Racially offensive humor is OK by me.
Seriously rancid, off-color humor works.

The only thing is, it's tough to find someone who can pull this stuff off and be truly FUNNY.

You can get away with a lot, as long as it's funny.  If it's just mean bitching, I don't want to hear it.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 10:54:17 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Sinbad is an a-hole (is he really black?)
View Quote

Really?  I always loved his stand-up.  What did he do that was assholish?
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 11:03:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Chris Rock is hilarious - ever see that "How not to beat up by the police" thing?  ROTFLMAO.  

And Eddie Murphy, back in the "Raw" days.  "Why's my lip all busted up?  And where's my money at?"  
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 11:20:25 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Anyone see the Chapelle's Show skit "Trading Spouses" where the black family and white family traded dads??????

View Quote

"I had brown sugar...and I don't mean on my cereal!"  The Chappelle Show is a riot.

Eddie Murphy's standup was, and remains, hilarious, as were his older movies(Trading Places and Coming to America were great, but in the early to mid 90's he started going downhill).

Chris Rock is funny as hell.  Trouble is, Chris Rock's movies are not so much so.

Bernie Mac and DL Hughley are not quite as funny doing standup as they are on their shows(The Hughleys is a funny show that seems almost forgotten in its syndicated timeslot, but it's quite worth catching if it's on).

Chris Tucker has his moments, but is often lame, and coupled with a voice like fingernails on blackboard, best avoided.

Bill Cosby...one of the best comedians of all time.  Great standup, great show, never fell back on vulgarity and filth for humor.  

Martin Lawrence can be funny, but is sort of like Eddie Murphy, wearing out fast.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top