Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/29/2003 2:11:41 PM EDT
In 1991, the buzz around T2 was incredible and yet it still lived up to every expectation. I went with my college roommate to see it and we were absolutely blown away by it.

However, James Cameron had nothing to do with T3 and that leads me to believe this one will break the streak. I say it will suck.

Poll coming.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 2:18:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 2:22:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I think It'll Rock! We'll find out soon enough.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 2:25:24 PM EDT
[#3]
We are talking about Arnold...of course it will ROCK!
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 2:29:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Of course he did say in an interview, at his age now, his muscles aren't in the same spots they used to be.  
I still say it will ROCK.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 2:34:52 PM EDT
[#5]
It's going to suck.

The third part of a trilogy always does.

Star Wars

Godfather

etc....
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 2:40:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I am gonna go against the trend.  I loved T1, but thought T2 was just okay.  I think T3 will be better than T2 but not as good as T1.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 3:42:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It's going to suck.

Star Wars

Godfather

etc....
View Quote

Don't forget Jurassic Park 3!

[puke]
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 3:45:32 PM EDT
[#8]
It won't be as good as the frist two
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 3:47:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Gonna Rock.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 3:47:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

I dunno man.

End of Days: Sucked
6th Day: Sucked
Collateral Damage: Sucked
Arnold anti-gun: Sucks
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 5:16:53 PM EDT
[#11]
I think it will be mediocore. Maybe worth the 5 bucks for a matinee.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 5:25:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Hope it rocks...if it sucks, it'd better be due to some xxx with that hot-bot biatch cyborg.
[naughty]

Sex and Violence guys!!! Can't go wrong!
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 5:52:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 5:54:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I dunno man.

End of Days: Sucked
6th Day: Sucked
Collateral Damage: Sucked
Arnold anti-gun: Sucks
View Quote
I agree.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 5:59:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 6:00:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 6:05:28 PM EDT
[#17]
you all seem to be forgeting that T3 was written by james cameron, its just has a different director.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 6:08:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
you all seem to be forgeting that T3 was written by james cameron, its just has a different director.
View Quote

According to Yahoo Movies. Cameron didn't write this one.
[url]http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf=info&id=1807428619&intl=us[/url]
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 6:11:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
First off, its a movie.

That said, it has Arnold and lots of shooting in it. Whats not to like???

Oh yeah, End of Days ROCKED.
View Quote

What he said.

TS
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 6:11:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 7:42:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Famke Jansen was tagged for the bad terminator, but she had to pull out because of a family crisis.

That was too bad, because I see the blonde in the T3 ads, and I think of Jansen, and I think Jansen would have been a much better bad guy/girl/babe.

I don't think it will "suck", but it will not be as good as the first.

The second wasn't even as good as the first.

Jay
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 7:50:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Famke Jansen was tagged for the bad terminator, but she had to pull out because of a family crisis.

That was too bad, because I see the blonde in the T3 ads, and I think of Jansen, and I think Jansen would have been a much better bad guy/girl/babe.

I don't think it will "suck", but it will not be as good as the first.

The second wasn't even as good as the first.

Jay
View Quote

Famke is SO DAMN [red]HOT![/red][sex]
I would have loved to see her in this role
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 8:30:33 PM EDT
[#23]

The first Terminator was one of the top 5 sci-fi action flix of all time. DAMN [b]GREAT[/b] flick.

T2 was MAJOR suckage! [stick] Arnold cannot and SHOULD not ever play a good guy after T1.

The plot was dumb - basically a [u]kid's movie[/u] (as opposed to a [u]guy's movie[/u] like T1) with a lot of car crashes and a very PC Arnold being careful not to kill anyone or hurt their feelings. [puke]

The baddie (Robert Patrick) was unconvincing as a ruthless baddass compared to Arnie in T1. The ONLY redeeming feature was the computer animation of the liquid metalman. TOTAL disappointment after T1.

Essentially T2 was about a kid who got a new pet/guardian angel/robot to play with for a while and then cried at the end when "Lassie" had to be put down. Well BOO-FUCKIN-HOO! This ain't Ol' Yeller! This is the TERMINATOR!!! There ain't no fucking CRYING in a Terminator movie - unless of course you're a ditzy bimbo about to be blown in half by a 12 gauge-toting badass cybernetic organism. [;D]

The ending of T1 held so much promise for a hellova sequel. But then it had to go and get all PC-ed up and whimped down. [V]

Based on what I've seen about T3 -

One: No Linda Hamilton.
Two: Arnie ain't the main baddie - he's a guardian angel again with a few computer glitches making him somewhat schizophrenic.
Three: The main baddie's a Sheila.
PREDICTION: T3 will HOPE to suck only as bad as T2 did.

Link Posted: 6/29/2003 8:38:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 8:51:43 PM EDT
[#25]
You guys sound like frickin Ebert. The fact is that movies are just movies, nothing more, noone cares what you think, movies are judged differently by people. If you try to push your opinion of a movie off on someone, you're wasting your time, and you're wasting precious oxygen.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 8:56:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
You guys sound like frickin Ebert. The fact is that movies are just movies, nothing more, noone cares what you think, movies are judged differently by people. If you try to push your opinion of a movie off on someone, you're wasting your time, and you're wasting precious oxygen.
View Quote
[:|]

Link Posted: 6/29/2003 9:04:54 PM EDT
[#27]
I was hoping they'd round out the whole story and show us the future war against the machines. Watching John Conner and Kyle Reese fight Skynet with Arnold and maybe Robert Patrick doing cameos at the end when their sent back would've made for a better story to me. For that matter Arnold could've been featured all through it but then Hollyweird would've been required to think and not rehash like their used to.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 9:07:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Our hero.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 10:15:49 PM EDT
[#29]
[Butthead]It will suck worse than anything that has ever sucked before./Butthead]
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 10:31:28 PM EDT
[#30]
the more publicity and hype arnold does for a movie, the more its gonna suck.

my vote -- it will suck
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 11:04:25 PM EDT
[#31]
There are a few clips at [url]http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&id=1807428619&cf=trailer[/url]. It looks surprisingly good.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 11:36:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
It's going to suck.

Star Wars

Godfather

etc....
View Quote

For the most part yes. But..  Army of Darkness was technically the third in the series. I thought Rocky 3 was good.   I found the third Indiana Jones far better than the second one and I will go out on a limb that the third LOTR will kick all over the first two.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 12:28:17 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I was hoping they'd round out the whole story and show us the future war against the machines. Watching John Conner and Kyle Reese fight Skynet with Arnold and maybe Robert Patrick doing cameos at the end when their sent back would've made for a better story to me. For that matter Arnold could've been featured all through it but then Hollyweird would've been required to think and not rehash like their used to.
View Quote

I tottaly Agree When i saw they were making a t3. I was like awsome future war about time! Then i saw the trailor *groan* same crap agien.

also If I remember Corretly wasnt skynet supposed to have already Nuked everyone by now?
Wasnt Judment day in 1997?

Quick check on the dvd

yeah it was

"3 billion human lives ended on August 29th, 1997. The survivors of the nuclear fire called the war Judgment Day."

Im wondering how there going explain that one.

Link Posted: 6/30/2003 12:33:25 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's going to suck.

Star Wars

Godfather

etc....
View Quote

Don't forget Jurassic Park 3!

[puke]
View Quote

What about Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade?  I thought that was better then the second one.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 12:38:33 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
"3 billion human lives ended on August 29th, 1997. The survivors of the nuclear fire called the war Judgment Day."

View Quote

When the black scientist helped destroy his research he left some of the data behind and someone else completed it thus extending the period before Judgement Day. That someone else...Marty McFly
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 12:54:52 AM EDT
[#36]
Suck.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 1:00:52 AM EDT
[#37]
ok found a site that explains all the time hopping and what it did to the story line

[url]www.mjyoung.net/time/terminat.html[/url]
way to long to post here but it makes sense.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 1:54:20 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
First off, its a movie.

That said, it has Arnold and lots of shooting in it. Whats not to like???

Oh yeah, End of Days ROCKED.
View Quote

ditto that.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 2:37:12 AM EDT
[#39]
As with most Sci-fi series that span 20+- years, special effects tend to improve 10 fold over the run of the series.  This is a good thing, unless they use the special effects as the plot, instead of using them to support the plot.

I will go and see it before I pass judgement.  I will probably enjoy it just because it is the Terminator again.  But my life will not end if it's less than stellar.  And I wil have to add it to the DVD collection of the first two.  So, their going to make the money, whether I like it or not.

BBossman out
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 5:14:20 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 5:36:08 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Easy they are going to mearly say that, By blowing up cyberdyne they mearly delayed the enevatable, and they found the second terminators arm that he pryed off with that bar in t2 and finished their reasearch.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 5:52:51 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 9:43:52 AM EDT
[#43]
The action scenes with Arnold should be good. The rest of the movie will probably be awful.

A Terminatrix? [puke]

Nick Stahl seems to be playing John Conner as a complete wimp.[V]

The Clair Danes character looks like more feminist crap. [puke]

I kept hoping to see Sarah Conner get killed off in T2, and John left to be raised by the "Uncle Bob" Terminator.[;)]

A better plot would be to have Arnold playing multiple T101s chasing after John and Uncle Bob, or bring back Robert Patrick as one or more T1000s.

I would really have preferred to see the future war where they take down Skynet...

The book is available from [url=]www.barnesandnoble.com[/url] at a 30% discount.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 11:39:08 AM EDT
[#44]
I think it's safe to say that the potential for this movie was stratospheric. Especially if James Cameron was behind it.

Now? We'll find out this week.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 12:15:25 AM EDT
[#45]
I went to an early screening on Monday and T3 rocked, including the Terminator lady. :)

All I will say is HE will be back.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 1:38:21 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 1:47:04 AM EDT
[#47]
Today's the day.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 4:13:11 AM EDT
[#48]
the paper gave it 3.5 of 4 stars
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 4:17:26 AM EDT
[#49]
I love it.  Like many other things, a lot of people are judging whether it will be any good or not without having seen it.  Unless you have seen it, you don't know if it rocks or sucks, period.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top