Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/28/2003 10:41:38 PM EDT
I thought I'd post something truly funny.  At least funny for computer geeks like myself.

If you're familiar with the series of commercials Apple did showing different people talking about their switch to the Mac, you'll get the joke.

[url]http://mike.disorient.net/uploads/videos/mac.wmv[/url]

[img]edjones7.home.mchsi.com/line.gif[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 10:43:04 PM EDT
[#1]
We've been laughing all night now.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 11:00:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Also in the humor department...

I recently installed a cd-rom in my Sun Sparcstation 20.
[img]http://www.public.asu.edu/~rwultsch/media/dsc_004.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 11:07:03 PM EDT
[#3]
That was funny....
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 11:13:46 PM EDT
[#4]
OSX is the *best* OS released to date. I would sell my own mother for the version of OSX that apple supposedly has running on IBM compatibles...
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 11:56:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Thats great! One of the better ones Ive seen so far. Its nice to see Mac users actually poking fun at some of its shortcommings. Although I've had no problems since I've installed OS10.2, I've always had greater problems with my PC than my Mac.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 12:14:46 AM EDT
[#6]
LOL!!!

[LOLabove]

I know It seems wierd, but I'm a graphic designer that HATES MACS! I can buy 3 PC's  for the price of one Mac of about the same speed.

The other day, I put a customers CD into the Mac, it doesn't recognize the CD but it doesn't spit it back out. Since it didn't recognize it, the little CD icon never appeared so I couldn't access the drive to get the disc back... it just ate the disk. I had to reboot to get it back.

Mac's: Mad by hippies for hippies. (notice how many Mac users are sandle wearing peacenics?)
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 12:32:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Now that was hilarious!
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 1:21:40 AM EDT
[#8]
There is a saying: "The best known things to come out of Berkeley are LSD and Unix, it is not a coincidence"

Everything before osx in the mac line is just plain shit. OSX is a cute and functional version of BSD.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 1:26:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
LOL!!!

[LOLabove]

I know It seems wierd, but I'm a graphic designer that HATES MACS! I can buy 3 PC's  for the price of one Mac of about the same speed.

The other day, I put a customers CD into the Mac, it doesn't recognize the CD but it doesn't spit it back out. Since it didn't recognize it, the little CD icon never appeared so I couldn't access the drive to get the disc back... it just ate the disk. I had to reboot to get it back.

Mac's: Mad by hippies for hippies. (notice how many Mac users are sandle wearing peacenics?)
View Quote

I too am a graphic designer (yes I went to school for it, not some kid who got photoshop off kazaa) and have worked on both platforms.  In this day, PCs can do everything a MAC can as far as Graphic Design is concerned, and then when I've finished my project I can play all the fun video games developed for the PC
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 2:14:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
OSX is the *best* OS released to date. I would sell my own mother for the version of OSX that apple supposedly has running on IBM compatibles...
View Quote

[url=http://developer.apple.com/darwin/]link[/url]

What are moms going for these days?
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 3:30:36 AM EDT
[#11]
IMHO OSX is gnu/darwin [b]and[/b] all the bubble gum shit on top.

I would shell out 120 bucks for OSX on PC's, wouldn't you rather have that than xp?
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 6:34:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 7:09:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Here's what I've always thought is interesting.

If a computer newbie comes up to a PC user and sys "I need a computer, should I get a PC or a MAC ?"

The PC user will generally mention that there are some great features to a MAC, but that when it comes to overall cost, flexibility and availability of software, you'd be better of with a PC.

On the other hand, if the computer newbie asks a MAC user what kind of computer should he get, the MAC user will say "A MAC of course, the PC is a piece of crap".

This set of responses I have found to be very consistent. This sort of blind loyalty can also be found with various other products that have spent more money in marketing than engineering.

Just my two cents....

Ed
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 7:30:05 AM EDT
[#14]
My first computer was an apple something or other that I bought used. I thought it was great. I still think clarisworks was better than word. I made the conversion to PCs a long time ago even though I think microsoft sucks.

TT [wave]
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 7:57:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Here's what I've always thought is interesting.

If a computer newbie comes up to a PC user and sys "I need a computer, should I get a PC or a MAC ?"

The PC user will generally mention that there are some great features to a MAC, but that when it comes to overall cost, flexibility and availability of software, you'd be better of with a PC.

On the other hand, if the computer newbie asks a MAC user what kind of computer should he get, the MAC user will say "A MAC of course, the PC is a piece of crap".

This set of responses I have found to be very consistent. This sort of blind loyalty can also be found with various other products that have spent more money in marketing than engineering.

Just my two cents....

Ed
View Quote

::cough::HarleyDavidson::cough:: [;D][:K]
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 8:03:21 AM EDT
[#16]
"Mac [i]kills[/i] my inner-child."

That was freaking hilarious.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 8:05:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Wow I'm in tears.  Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 8:21:42 AM EDT
[#18]
[b]"Bouncing around like a Jack-Fucking-Russel terrior!"[/b]

LMAO

Aviator
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 8:23:25 AM EDT
[#19]
I still have my Apple ][
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 8:24:48 AM EDT
[#20]
this is also on that same page. cracked me up
[url]http://mike.disorient.net/uploads/text/bloodninja.txt[/url]
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 9:34:02 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm glad this pops the smug mac-user bubble.  I hate my computer, that often crashes and tells me it cant keep open, say, 6 IE windows because it's short of memory resources (I have 512mb of RAM, 1 ghz cpu, and at least 5gb of HD space).  
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 10:53:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 11:28:01 PM EDT
[#23]
I've still got my NeXT box.

I use both XP and OSX. I vastly prefer OSX, which is in my experience far more stable on my laptops. And Unix rawks.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 12:26:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Also in the humor department...

I recently installed a cd-rom in my Sun Sparcstation 20.
[url]http://www.public.asu.edu/~rwultsch/media/dsc_004.jpg[/url]
View Quote

Ya know, I have a slightly broken T1 AC 200 if you want.  Needs a new eprom chip.  IM me.

Mac has, and always will, suck for power users.  But don't tell them that. [:)]
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 1:20:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Actually, the Mac would be the computer of choice for power users, particularly the laptops. It's a Unix system with Office, plus Apache, Axis, Tomcat, gcc, and all the other cool unix stuff.

It's like Linux, only useful.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top