Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/28/2003 5:42:25 PM EDT
Too many subjects on these matters, it gets old, i am new here, but still i understand ppl wanna talk bout stuff and it is a free forum as long as ya abide by the COC, but geez, these are the most sensitive subjects out there other than religion, so most of the time the thread will probably get locked anyhow. and seriously i have never had a conversation in public or behind closed doors with friends , family or strangers on any of the following subjects: Gays , Abortion or Religion. soap this is jus my small rant. thanks for playing. this IS a gun site, ya figure ppl would talk more on the sport of hunting, fishing, shooting, camping ,etc.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 5:50:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I agree. I have strong feelings on both counts, but I see no need to flaunt such inflamatory topics.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 5:51:10 PM EDT
[#2]
if you want to have a pissing contest go to DU.
how bout more firearm/related topics?
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 5:54:36 PM EDT
[#3]
This place is great.

Threads for people who want to talk about things.
threads for people who don't.

Gotta love America.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 5:54:47 PM EDT
[#4]
good point, die.
i'm tired of it too.
of course, there will be ones to say,
"if you're tired of these topics, don't click on the thread".

believe me, I DON'T. This is a firearm board, not democrapicunderground.com.

but what the hell, people are gonna post their beliefs, no matter if this was hotrod.com, or tic-tac-toe.com, or basketweaving.com, or whatever.

but still, i agree with you.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 5:55:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Thats what im talkin about.i have never had a conversation at my favorite gun shops on any of those subjects, that is what mystifies me why ppl bring it up on a guns site..what do i know, im still new..lol
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 5:56:40 PM EDT
[#6]
This is the GENERAL discussion board. For serious firearms topics go to the other boards.

CRC
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 5:58:27 PM EDT
[#7]
If a gay man wants to have an abortion, what's it to you?
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 5:58:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Real simple...

Don't open those threads with "GAY" or "ABORTION" in the title, Champ. YOU have that power to avoid the topics you don't care for.

Just a thought...
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 6:01:28 PM EDT
[#9]
oh i do spread the wealth around,,it is more of a question of WHY? , why do ppl feel the need to talk bout these subjects. I personally dont have any desire too, and none of them affect me directly. And i normally skip over those type of subjects, yeah i know this is a general forum, im not tryin to censor what is said, jus curious, if ya look at the first few pages, how many of em are on GAYS, as long as they dont bother me , i dont bother them.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 6:05:39 PM EDT
[#10]
This thread is gay. It needs to be aborted.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 6:06:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Maybe some people like to get things off their chest?

Maybe some folks like knowing they are not alone in the way they think?

Maybe the discussions here help form the roots of solidarity against the decay occuring in this country? Like the AWB Sunset...We've been TALKING about it for almost 10yrs...How many letters have been written because of Internet Message Boards? How many nonsense laws have been stopped because the word got out?

All I'm saying is the it is a "GENERAL DISCUSSION". If people want to talk about the pending invasion from Mars, abortion, drag queens, crappy rules governing boards, stupid politicians...it all falls here, Bro.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 6:10:45 PM EDT
[#12]
see what i mean.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 6:13:05 PM EDT
[#13]
I wonder if a gay man ever performed an abortion...
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 6:18:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
and seriously i have never had a conversation in public or behind closed doors with friends , family or strangers on any of the following subjects: Gays , Abortion or Religion. soap this is jus my small rant.
View Quote

I find the fact that you've never had a discussion about these topics to be unusual.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 6:22:16 PM EDT
[#15]
This is general discussion, and I do regularly discuss these subjects with friends, family and anyone that wishes to discuss them.

And I have discussed these issues at the gun shops as well.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 6:25:30 PM EDT
[#16]
dunno, jus not interested in any of those subjects.

Im not gay so i dont find the need to talk about it in anyform

Abortion is a womans right, not governments, i am a man, there fore it doesnt pertain to me.

Religious beliefs are based on individual beliefs and i could care less what sumones believes in that is their choice, I am at one with my beliefs. and i am the one who has to answer for them.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 6:39:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Abortion is gay.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 6:41:38 PM EDT
[#18]
[img]http://www.azchatfield.net/Comebacks/View.aspx?F=Gay_CHiPs.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 6:58:41 PM EDT
[#19]
You have to be careful so people don't say to you...

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=10761[/img]

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 7:00:46 PM EDT
[#20]
You might actually learn something while you're here.  I know I have and will continue to.
Quoted:
Quoted:
and seriously i have never had a conversation in public or behind closed doors with friends , family or strangers on any of the following subjects: Gays , Abortion or Religion. soap this is jus my small rant.
View Quote

I find the fact that you've never had a discussion about these topics to be unusual.
View Quote

And yet he mystically formed viewpoints on these subjects.  Now that's a scary thought.  Sounds to me like die-tryin missed school the day they discussed political socialization.

Link Posted: 6/28/2003 7:04:40 PM EDT
[#21]
If you're gay, obviously you haven't been aborted.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 7:05:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
dunno, jus not interested in any of those subjects.

Im not gay so i dont find the need to talk about it in anyform
View Quote

So because you're not gay 2 drag queens groping each other in front of your kids is something that just doesn't pertain to you? I suppose you wouldn't even notice them?
What about gay adoption? Does that not concern you either?

Abortion is a womans right, not governments, i am a man, there fore it doesnt pertain to me.
View Quote

What if it's your kid? Let me rephrase: What if it's your kid and you actually want to keep it? What if it's your brother's kid? Your best friends? Still doesn't pertain to you?

Religious beliefs are based on individual beliefs and i could care less what sumones believes in that is their choice, I am at one with my beliefs. and i am the one who has to answer for them.
View Quote

Mostly agree with that. Religion is more of a personal issue, IMO. However, what if I am a Satanist? Maybe I like to sacrifice animals, maybe humans. What if such inidividual thinks sex with children and animals is okay? Does that not tweak your social concience either?
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 7:10:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Gun topics should be avoided as well, they just get everyone upset!
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 7:21:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Gun topics should be avoided as well, they just get everyone upset!
View Quote

Yeah, those Colt vs Bushmaster topics get me worked up for days[:D]
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 7:29:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Gay men don't normally cause women to have abortions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top