Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/28/2003 6:14:23 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 6:21:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Modern bullet designs are meant to afford rapid incapacitation without overpenetration. They are very defensible in court.

The only thing I'd stay away from for CCW ammo are handloads. I don't need to give some plaintiff shyster any reason to claim that I assembled "custom killer ammunition". The argument could most likely be defeated, but there's anough good factory ammo available that there's no reason to give opposing council extra crap to work with.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 6:30:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 6:35:19 AM EDT
[#3]
The problem might be a civil suit from the "victim’s" survivors.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 6:37:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 6:43:15 AM EDT
[#5]
I load what will most efficiently kill another human being if the need should arise and I have to defend myself, family and/or property.

I'll deal w/ the laywers and courts after the fact. [;)]
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 6:45:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The only reason I'm going to use deadly force on someone is to ... duhh, kill them. The only reason I'm going to kill someone is in the defence of my of my families life.

If presented with one target I will empty the magazine into it. If presented with two I will double tap my way into emptiness sharing between the two ...

Once deadly force is authorized bring it on 110%
View Quote

That is the appropriate response to a  situation where you or the individuals in your charge are in a real and immediate danger of death or grave bodily injury.

The ammo issue related to the legal aftermath that is likely to follow.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 6:49:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 6:54:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Beer Slayer,

I would do a search on Masaad Ayoub's site or articles.

I've read several articles written by him devoted to this topic with cases to illustrate same.

Unfortunately, I can't quote you a specific reference.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 7:06:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 7:19:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 7:24:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Something you should be concerned about, however, is a 'hair trigger'. Ask a lawyer friend (one at a firm with the unlimited westlaw or lexis plan) sometime to run a search on those terms. Scary. There is  caselaw on that topic, and it is not good for those who like a good trigger.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 7:30:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Something you should be concerned about, however, is a 'hair trigger'. Ask a lawyer friend (one at a firm with the unlimited westlaw or lexis plan) sometime to run a search on those terms. Scary. There is  caselaw on that topic, and it is not good for those who like a good trigger.
View Quote

One of the main reasons PDs use DA and DAO handguns is to defuse the potential for SA hair trigger AD claims.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 7:31:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 7:53:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top