Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/27/2003 7:03:13 PM EDT
Just got one, very cool.  I love it already!

Any insidee tips on better ways to use it?  Soak in solvent, etc?
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 7:33:07 PM EDT
[#1]
OK guys, tell me if this is because I have no manual dexterity or is it because I'm a tight wad ?

I went out to buy a Bore Snake, but I saw on this board somewhere where someone said that the ones they sell at Wally World were just as good but cheaper.

Well I bought one...and can not manage to get the $#@! weighted end down the barrel. It has a brass weight at the tip, but it's rather light weight and just seems to stick to the sides of the barrel on the way down.

Are the brandname Bore Snakes better ???

Ed
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 7:49:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I got a cheap bore snake and it is great on 223.  Does not stick down the barrel.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 8:22:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I was born with a bore snake. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 8:33:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I was born with a bore snake. [:D]
View Quote

If you say so Shorty.[nana]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 8:59:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Well I bought one...and can not manage to get the $#@! weighted end down the barrel. It has a brass weight at the tip, but it's rather light weight and just seems to stick to the sides of the barrel on the way down.

Ed
View Quote

Just guessing but your barrel is angled, and it must be upright.  Mine doesn't go in with the barrel angled.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 9:01:11 PM EDT
[#6]
.and can not manage to get the $#@! weighted end down the barrel.
View Quote

i have the name brand boresnake. on my Bushy it takes a little playing with to get it down there. on my New england single shot .223 it falls right down the barrels.

tie a length of 50 pound or heavier stiff monofilament fishing line to the weighted end of the boresnake. feed it through first, since you'll be able to "push" the stiffer line it may work better than letting gravity pull the weight through.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 9:11:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a 30cal and it works like a charm!  Wasn't sure about the 22cal.  I have a Dewey coated rod I use for the AR's.  The 30cal I got because you cannot clean a Garand from the breach with a rod unless you remove the barrel.  I also have a 30cal dewey rod but this BoreSnake is so much easier.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 9:45:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I use em on my Garand and my AR, no problems!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top