Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/27/2003 5:53:33 PM EDT
I only caught a few minutes of this segment. It was about Smith & Wesson (I wish I had seen the whole thing... apparently TOTG was on all day).
Near the end they featured this one guy who was trying to beat some sort of speed record with a revolver. First he got off something like 8 rounds in less than 2 seconds. Then 6 rounds, re-load and 6 more in some mind blowing time ... all on target. I swear it sounded like the guy was firing on full-auto.

(I'm reasonably certain that the gun was a fine tuned factory job with reduced loads).

Anyone know the deal on this; the guy who did it , actual times and equipment?
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 6:05:54 PM EDT
[#1]
there is a league called COWBOY action , and alot of guys have super reduced loads in 45LC pistols, i handled a single only cowboy gun which was set up for "RACE" and it felt like a toy, to say the trigger was a "hair" trigger was understatement, and the hammer was super light and moved super easy, Hence the light loads to set it off..
but yeah i seen that guy, dunno nuttin bout em, but he is baddazz with that cowboy gun. lol
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 6:07:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Would that be Gary?? Michlick??

ok its

Jerry Miculek

[url]http://www.smith-wesson.com/Products/Firearms/pc/records.htm[/url]

Link Posted: 6/27/2003 6:09:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 6:12:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like Jerry Michlick(sp?).  He used to be a demo shooter for S&W.  I have seen him shoot 6 rounds of 38, reload(with a full moon clip) and shoot 6 more rounds in about 3 seconds.
He still competes professionally.  
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 6:32:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Yep, that's the guy. Check out his forearms!

[url]http://www.smith-wesson.com/Products/Firearms/pc/record_photos.htm[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top