Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/30/2001 10:22:22 PM EDT
I was seriously thinking about getting one of these guns. It was either going to be the CZ75B or a Beretta Elite 2. I have a Beretta 92FS, so I kinda wanted something different. I hear that the CZ's are extreamly accurate. Anyone with first hand experience?
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 2:02:17 PM EDT
in general the cz-75 is similar to a hi-power, both in reliablity and accuracy. i own both and i like the cz-75 more because of its more comfortable grip and higher capacity mag. i used to own a berrata 92F. my cz-75 shot circles around it. be wary of later military cz's and cz's with the baked on enamel finish. the current cz-75's from CZUSA are pretty nice with a decent finish. CDNN carries high-caps that cost about the same as beretta mags.(35-40 bucks) [pistol] CZ loving lib
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 2:13:16 PM EDT
If you want to know, check the CZ Forum at: [url]http://www.unitedforums.com/cgi-bin/czfcgi//Ultimate.cgi[/url]
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 2:50:09 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 3:18:42 PM EDT
IMHO, most of hype about CZ-75's are generated back in the days when you can't import them. and there are only a few to go around. Ever since the fall of Berlin Wall and the collapse of Soviet Union, the supply has gotten a lot better. Heck, Czech Republic is now a member of NATO, who would imagine that 20 years ago. Back to the gun, if you want a CZ-75, get a Sphinx. The Sphinx is a license produced version of the CZ-75 made in Switzerland, the fit and finish is way superior to the CZ model and you can't go wrong with the Swiss worksmanship.
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 5:28:17 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 7:19:45 PM EDT
Don't know about the current crop. Back when they were exotic imports, friend let me shoot one. It was accurate, but not world class. Thing I liked most about it was the glass smooth DA trigger pull, like a well used Smith & Wesson (before that marque became anethma)... Couldn't believe that a DA semi was that smooth and he swore that it was out of the box...whether he was ferret-legging me or things have changed, well, you'll just have to find out for yourself.
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 2:13:54 AM EDT
My brother bought a CZ75B a year ago. He is very satisfied with it. It is very reliable, the finish is good and the results on the target are not much worser than the ones I shoot with my Sig. It doesn't have a decocking lever but that is no problem - you can easy decock it with your thumb. And you can wear it cocked and locked! Buy one!!
Top Top