Posted: 4/30/2001 9:59:56 PM EDT
"500 pre Crime-Bill models were produced before
the FEDS shut the door..."
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 4:09:17 AM EDT
[#1]
What's a QA93?
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 5:18:12 AM EDT
[#2]
are you sure it is not the OA93? i believe that was the designation of the ar-15 pistol in both .223 as well as 7.62x39 that olympic arms mfg. the suggested retail at the time was $1200, but they were backordered for sometime then production was halted.
they later offered the same pistol in 2 forms.
1 was the same only it had a non-removable 30rd mag and had to be loaded from the top( break action to load)
the other was still made using regular upper and lower BUT had holes drilled all over it so as to bring the weight down to 50oz as per crime bill specs for this style of pistol (real cheesy look) literally.
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 8:32:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
What's a QA93?
View Quote

My mistake. Glad you and jim are paying attention. Thanks
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 8:42:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Olympic also built a post ban as a AOW.They dropped it because of lack of intrest.I have thought of building AOW.Its the only NFA weapon legal in Illinois.

If you didn't know it the OA93 in 7.62x39 is what banned all of the stell core ammo in this cal.None actually left the factory but they registered them with the ATF.ATF says it didn't matter they were made so it counts.I really blamed Oly until I heard the smart ass answer from the BATF
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top