Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 4:58:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you guys want some information on bike fit for those great rides, check out the bike fit section on my site:

http://www.kevinlippert.com/bikefit.php?CAmenuOpen=on

By the way, that is a really nice looking Fondriest
View Quote

Kev...Great site!  Excellent!  I like the reference to the movie "Hot Dog"...."not on ze left, not on ze right, but right in ze mittle!"

...Seriously outstanding
View Quote

Thanks! You are the first one to get the connection to that movie. [:D] And remember if you ever have a question about training, etc., just post it on my forum or read some of my training articles. I usually wait a few to post an answer on the forum so others can post their answers, cause I seem to kill the post thread after I answer. But if you have a specific question for me, just let her rip.
View Quote

Kev...Thanks brother!  Yep, I guess I am showing my age recognizing the movie...but then again it was a classic!  Used to watch it every night prior to hitting the slopes [:D]....CHINESE DOWNHILL!!!!
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 5:24:57 PM EDT
[#2]
please!!!

friend don't let friends ride shitmaNO!

signed, CAMPYbob, your friendly local road ace.

Link Posted: 6/29/2003 5:29:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Lets see your setup Campy...
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 5:52:20 PM EDT
[#4]
see my setup?

which one?

i have 17 road bikes and a track bike. only the track bike has any jap on it (dura-ass crank in 170...it was free, but still needs to be shot at bulletfest).

i have colnago's, masi's, bottechia's, pinarello's, a derosa, a 1974 paramount p-13-0 i had custom ordered from the chicago paramount facility, several gardins (built by georgio ferrari), a w. f. holdsworthy, a gios and some bikes i bought just for collecting.

my bikes won't impress the techno-gizmo geeks.

i delight in blowing by them on the steepest pitches of the hill.

i'll stick with my lively columbus tubes, thank you. carbon fibre, aluminum and Ti ride like a recycled beer can...deader than my ex-wife in the sack.

steel is real, brothers.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 6:19:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
.....steel is real, brothers.
View Quote

Funny you say that.  The bike a ride the most is a Fuji I bought in 1982.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 6:50:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes, disc wheels are still used, mostly in solo racing. If it's windy on raceday they'll often substitute the front disc for a spoked wheel. They may do the same if the course demands a lot of accelerations--the discs have a higher moment of inertia and take more energy to spin up, so if you constantly have to brake to get around corners you'll spend more engergy getting a disc going than a spoked wheel.

I didn't use to think there was a big difference between steel and aluminum frames. Then I got a Redline cross bike. I've never been able to get comfortable on the thing. It just seems to beat me up with vibration. Same thing with the 'Dales I've ridden. The Ti and Carbon bikes I've ridden have been quite nice, though.

Should be a good tour this year. Ullrich seems to be coming back into form and the Spanish riders are looking strong.

Link Posted: 6/29/2003 7:36:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Could be more than one American on the podium. Lance, Tyler and Levi.

Will Campy ever win another Tour? [ROFL]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 3:58:24 AM EDT
[#8]
[b]Will Campy ever win another Tour?[/b]

lol!!!

in 24 years of active racing, first in the a.b.l.a. and later in the u.s.c.f., i never won even a local crit, circuit or road race.

i finished 2nd a few times and had plenty of top 5 or top 10 placings.

my infamous 'sprint' (and i use the term loosely) could carry me from a well positioned 4th place right back into 15th by the time the last 200-300m were covered. heheheh!

after having polio in my right leg, i felt good anytime i crossed the line with the pack.

hey! did i ever tell you guys about the time i got 7th in the district road race?!?!?!

ah! old "war" stories!!

to all you roadies out there, ride safe and may the wind always be at your back!
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 6:56:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Cannondale vs. Trek???!!! aren't you forgetting the only real bike out there???BIANCHI!!!!!!! and in the only proper color of course, celeste!!!!if I weren't so technologically inept, I could post a pic of my Campione D'Italia!!!!! in celeste of course....
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 7:01:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

steel is real, brothers.
View Quote

AMEN!

I recently got a Bianchi Vigorelli - I love it.

[img]http://www.bianchiusa.com/site/bikes/road/images/01_Vigorelli_yellow.jpg[/img]

If I had more money, maybe a custom build on a DeRosa or Pinorelli frame.  

I'm racing in the annual Tour de Donut in St. Louis next weekend.  Since I'm so out of shape, my only chance is to eat about 30 donuts to get a good time.   (Each donut subtracts 5 min from your time) [:D]

Wish me luck!!
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 7:20:58 PM EDT
[#11]
What did/does one of those nice rigs run? $4,000 give or take a few? I bought a Diamoundback Joker a few years back and thought I payed to much- shit, lol.

I bet it can get expensive. I just seen a few riders out at Pennzoil resting, mocked/dressed for the ride. About 20 or so of 'um. Jason
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top