Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/26/2003 6:07:18 AM EDT
Sorry for the totally un-AR15-related post, but I just needed to share the news.  [:)]

My wife had to quit her old job when we got married in March (long-distance relationship), and she's been looking for work here in Georgia.  With the economy slow, jobs have been scarce around here, and my income alone was just getting us by.

But she finally got the call yesterday, and she starts her new job Monday!!  Plus, she'll actually be making more than she did at her old job!!

[bounce] [party] [bounce]

God, I'm feeling so much better today!!!
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 6:10:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like your gun-buying days are back!
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 6:24:44 AM EDT
[#2]
If she hadn't found something soon, I might have had to sell my Bushy....  I'd just rather not think about that.  [:)]
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 6:26:28 AM EDT
[#3]
[beer]

Two incomes are better than one for fun.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 6:30:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Are you guys "dink"s? (dual income no kids)
If so, bank some money first as an emergency fund--just in case.

Congrats
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 6:30:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 6:43:04 AM EDT
[#6]
I got a buddy who would love to put his wife in touch with yours. Perhaps a few things to bring up:

1. WHY you NEED to get a job.
2. HOW to start looking for a job.
3. Actually starting to work.

What ever else she might mention is bonus, these things seem to be the major sticking points for her.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 6:54:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Dinks.  I like that.  Yes, we are. [:)]

Actually, she brought some credit card debt into the marriage, and I had savings put away.  We're keeping what's left of my savings as an emergency fund, and almost all of her salary is going to go towards paying off her CC debt at first.  Then we can start adding to the savings for a down-payment on a house.

She used to be not-that-great about watching her spending, so the CC debt slowly crept up.  I've always been good about saving, and she actually felt relieved to turn over the budgeting stuff to me.  She doesn't handle money super-well, but at least she admits it.  [:)]

Yes, she is definitely a good one.

As to the next gun purchase, we're probably actually going to find her a handgun she likes.  I've introduced her to shooting, and she went from being scared of guns to wanting one of her own.  [:D]

For me, I want a lightweight flattop upper, one of those new Beretta carbines, and a good carry holster for my Kimber.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 6:55:13 AM EDT
[#8]
cool! [beer]

however, it's sad that both people in a marriage HAVE to work, in order to have a decent living. [:(]
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 7:08:26 AM EDT
[#9]
USP40C:  You should meet the last girl I dated.  She had absolutely no ambition, was on the verge of dropping out of school, and she just wanted to play computer games all day -- that one didn't last long.  Ugh.

My wife did almost all of her job-hunting on the Internet.  That's where she found the opening for the job she got too.  Just keep sending in resumes, and eventually you'll get a few nibbles.  Eventually, you'll reel one in.  [:)]

7IDL:

Too true.  [:(]  If I could work and support her myself, I'd do it, but I just don't make enough money to do that and still be able to buy toys from time to time.  Besides, I think that until we decide to have kids, it only makes sense for her to work.  The more income, the better.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top