Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/26/2003 3:52:10 AM EDT
Why is it that these people can make mistakes like this one at the end of the article?
Was it an honest mistake?

http://releases.usnewswire.com/GetRelease.asp?id=166-06242003

"President Bush supports the repeal of the ban, but has not particularly championed the cause."

Link Posted: 6/26/2003 3:54:15 AM EDT
[#1]
when in doubt stir the pot and add salt!
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 3:58:29 AM EDT
[#2]

ATF's move to Justice theoretically makes sense, but the problem is that it's under Ashcroft.
View Quote

Translation: A good idea but it shoots my agenda in the ass
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 4:03:19 AM EDT
[#3]
i predict little good will come of this, we'll see
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 4:26:05 AM EDT
[#4]
I called the US Newswire and talked to a Sam there. Told him that this statement in the article was wrong and that it should have been "renewal" not "repel", and that I felt they were misleading the readers. He seemed nervous about the whole thing and wanted to take my name and number for a manager to call me back.
Called writer of article. Could only leave message with my displeasure in his statement!
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 4:50:24 AM EDT
[#5]
I love it: These pukes ask the gun-control crowd what the NRA is doing rather than asking the NRA.

Oh, yeah.......that's journalistic impartiality for you [rolleyes].

As for the crux of the article, we'll see the results. So long as Ashcroft (or someone of his position on RKBA) is in charge, we'll more than likely be OK. It's getting another Klinton/Reno combo that scares the bejesus out of me...
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 6:52:10 AM EDT
[#6]
That article also refers to gun control advocates as [b]"gun experts"[/b] somewhere around the middle.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 8:30:55 AM EDT
[#7]
I don't know why they are unhappy. They may get stuck with Ashcroft for now; but the next Democratic president means Janet Reno II gets to pick the head of the ATF with no confirmation from the Senate required.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top