Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/25/2003 8:55:36 PM EDT
I've got some gas in an older car that's been sitting that's a few months old and rather than running it through the car, I want to siphon it out for the boat and don't want to get a mouthful of gas. I would probably use the thing more than a few times, but don't want to spend a lot. I've seen a unit that looks like a tire pump, but I thought there were some hand crank units too.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 8:58:11 PM EDT
Look in the automotive section at Wal-Mart. I got the one I keep in my truck there for a couple of bucks. It is basically a hose with a pressure bulb in the middle.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 8:58:34 PM EDT
I am pretty good at siphoning gas and haven't had a mouthfull of it from siphoning since I was a kid.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 9:01:43 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Wingnut116ACW: Look in the automotive section at Wal-Mart. I got the one I keep in my truck there for a couple of bucks. It is basically a hose with a pressure bulb in the middle.
View Quote
Forgot about that option. A relative nearby may already have one if I remember. He used it to get the gas out of his truck after he was hit by a drunk driver and the truck was totalled.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 9:04:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/25/2003 9:04:44 PM EDT by Lazyshooter]
Originally Posted By Valkyrie: I am pretty good at siphoning gas and haven't had a mouthfull of it from siphoning since I was a kid.
View Quote
I'm not as good I guess. I just recently siphoned out most of the water in the fish tank when I cleaned it. Ended up with some goldfish poop water in my mouth when I started and had to reach for the Listerine![:D]
Top Top