Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/25/2003 9:20:07 AM EDT
Getting tired of paying $6.00 for a 5 oz. bag of Bridgeford at the grocery store. I know you guys got all the cheap hookups.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 9:39:06 AM EDT
Want some beef jerky? www.manmeatforsteyr.com [;)]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 9:44:22 AM EDT
don't they have [s]beef jerky[/s] GUN shows where you live
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 9:45:00 AM EDT
sorry, couldn't help myself...
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 10:03:37 AM EDT
Make your own.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 10:19:06 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Waldo: Make your own.
View Quote
Yeah....go jerk your own meat......[;D]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 10:29:41 AM EDT
Isn't there a Gun Show Forum here someplace?
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 10:37:50 AM EDT
Gun show beef jerky costs more than the grocery store.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 10:48:24 AM EDT
THE BEST jerky I have ever had personally is from Nicholson's Meat Co. in the little town of Mertzon, TX (I hunt just down the road from there). It goes for about $22 a pound, individually wrapped. Here's the link: [url]http://www.nicholsonsjerky.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 11:08:10 AM EDT
I make my own. I've got one of those ???Harvest dehydrators. I buy meat on thursdays when they have the managers special marked down meat. Depending on the cut, I either slice it or I grind it. I've got one of the caulking gun type extruders for the ground beef style. I haven't mastered the art of "pulling" jerky so if it's a nice roast I just slice it and marinate it, if I have to cut the fat out and wind up with chunks then I grind it. It's amazing that a #5 roast is reduced to about a pound of jerky. Most of the time I buy the prepacked spice mixes, I make my own marinade for the sliced. Load up the dehydrator in the evening and it's ready in the morning. How many pounds would it take to barter for a pre-ban Colt? [rofl]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 11:14:36 AM EDT
Originally Posted By CS223: I make my own. I've got one of those ???Harvest dehydrators. I buy meat on thursdays when they have the managers special marked down meat. Depending on the cut, I either slice it or I grind it. I've got one of the caulking gun type extruders for the ground beef style. I haven't mastered the art of "pulling" jerky so if it's a nice roast I just slice it and marinate it, if I have to cut the fat out and wind up with chunks then I grind it. It's amazing that a #5 roast is reduced to about a pound of jerky. Most of the time I buy the prepacked spice mixes, I make my own marinade for the sliced. Load up the dehydrator in the evening and it's ready in the morning. How many pounds would it take to barter for a pre-ban Colt? [rofl]
View Quote
I use a dehydrator as well. Just make the stuff in the garage or out of doors.I made a batch once and the whole house reeked for a couple days.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 6:35:05 PM EDT
[url]www.jerkyhut.com[/url] Good shit mon!! If you like spicy, go for the chernobyl or the nitro varieties..[devil] -T.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 6:45:58 PM EDT
make your own. its cheaper and you can customize it to your tastes.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 6:47:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/25/2003 6:52:22 PM EDT by GunLvrPHD]
The best is the stuff SauceGal sells, it also lasts a long time since it's very thinly sliced: [url]www.saucegal.com[/url] Also around here Walmart sells some not-terrible jerky for $2.99 (?) per 1/4 pound. GunLvr
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 9:47:01 PM EDT
If you don't make it yourself, here is another source. [url]http://www.smokedmeats.com/[/url]
Top Top