Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/24/2003 7:48:11 PM EDT
I ordered a barrel from Bushmaster around April 12 and have still not received it. As of last week it wasn't even close to ready. I expected to wait, but this is just killing me.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 9:15:24 PM EDT
What barrel configuration did you order? I ordered a Bushy post ban M4 Dissipator last June and received it at the end of the year. If you ordered a barrel configuration that is not very popular, you may be in for a long wait. Funny thing was, when I called for a update in mid December, I was told that it still wasn't scheduled to be made and that it would be another month or two. Then, right before New Years, I get a package containing the barrel and a few spare parts that I ordered. I'm glad that I didn't cancel the order as I'm very happy with it. But, because it took so long, I had actually started looking for a gov't profile barrel to shorten to 16". If I would have found one cheap enough, I prolly would've cancelled my order.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 9:30:47 PM EDT
I waited 1 year for an Olympic Arm Ultramatch back in '92.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 9:32:00 PM EDT
I waited 15 mos. for an Armalite carbine barrel assembly. It was nice when I finally got it... but the wait was rather ridiculous.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 9:39:05 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 10:11:22 PM EDT
I had a friend who waited 5 years for a Sharps 45-120 with a special order octagonal barrel and a burl walnut stock. He had put a $800 deposit on it.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 10:27:32 PM EDT
Two years for one HK product.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 11:50:15 PM EDT
30 months and counting for my AK from Solstice Arms. Now it's in the Kansas Attorney General's hands. 3 months and counting for my C&R license. Called 'em again today, it's in the mail. We will see. Ordered some odds and ends from Fred's a while back. Waited patiently for a couple of months before I sent them an e-mail inquiring as to the status of my order. After several more weeks they finally found my order, seems the paperwork fell down behind a counter or something. When I received my order it was incorrect. Took several more months to straighten that out. I could go on and on.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 11:56:29 PM EDT
Originally Posted By operatorerror: ...Ordered some odds and ends from Fred's a while back. Waited patiently for a couple of months before I sent them an e-mail inquiring as to the status of my order. After several more weeks they finally found my order, seems the paperwork fell down behind a counter or something. When I received my order it was incorrect. Took several more months to straighten that out.
View Quote
Had a similar experience with Fred's but not as long a time period. He didn't care and made [b]NO[/b] attempt to correct it. I found out this is not unusual with him.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 3:20:54 AM EDT
yeah its true....Fred's a dick. BUT he says right in his SGN add that he will take his sweet time. be prepared. i once waited 4 months for stripped lowers from FAC before i canceled. they hadnt had them in stock for over a year and didnt knwo when to expect them.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 3:43:47 AM EDT
6 months and counting for a replacement CAVALRY ARMS lower. They were moving the whole shop and setting up new molds. I think when the company has good reason for a delay it's not a problem.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 10:25:42 AM EDT
I have waited 6 years for a gun from a smith. Four years for a holster from SOE. And four years and counting for a custom backpack. NoKarma
Top Top