Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/24/2003 6:34:15 PM EDT
I drive a Tranist bus for the city in which I live. It's kind of a combo between a taxi serice and a shuttle bus line. we take calls to hotels and stuff.

Anyway today around 4:00pm I get this call to go pick up this guy at a local Day's Inn.

I get there and this stocky white guy gets on the bus and then tells me he does not have cash for the fair and that he needs to stop at an ATM machine to get cash, I tell him that the extra stop will be an additional $2.50 (city policy, not mine, somebody skips a fair and the city makes me pay it out of my own pocket and that gets old real fast.) So the guy gets pissed of yells FU at me and turns around and spits in my face as he's getting of the bus.

So I get on the radio and have my dispatcher send the police. The cops get there and go get the guys info, and it turns out he's some Arizona wrestling coach, that works for something called the Sunkist Kids wrestling organization.

My question for you guys is, do any of you guys who are Arizona members or that follow wrestling know anything about this Sunkist Kids wrestling orginization and what can you tell me about it?

I've already been to their web site and fired off a nasty letter concerning this deal and I'm pressing charges against this guy (Chances are he will be back on his way to Arizona by the weekend.)

Link Posted: 6/24/2003 6:36:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 6:47:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 6:48:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I would of made him swallow some teeth.
That is the ultimate disrespect and a good way to spread some germs and viruses.

Fenster.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 6:55:32 PM EDT
[#4]
[url]http://www.sunkistkids.org/[/url]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 6:57:49 PM EDT
[#5]
You should have stomped his guts out.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 6:58:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Hineline, your a true piece of work buddy, I have a hard time figuring out how you have a computer but have never heard of a simple little invention called the radio, which my dispatchers use all the frick'in time, not to mention the fact that there are other transit buses out there that listen to said radio and will happily call in on a driver who is stopped someplace he should not be.

So yes idiot child, I do charge the fairs just like the city wants me to.

I dunno, maybe Hineline your used to cabbie's in NYC or something, but my boss can read an odometer record pretty well here in Oklahoma.

So Hineline if you don't have anything constuctive to add...please bite me.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 6:59:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Here's their corporate info.

[url]http://starpas.cc.state.az.us/cgi-bin/wspd_cgi.sh/WService=wsbroker1/names-detail.p?name-id=02110575&type=CORPORATION[/url]

Let me know the guy's name and I'll find you more.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 7:00:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice to know somebody else here has a Driver's perspective of the World of Public Transit...

David's comment doesn't quite make sense in that I don't believe you'd make up a story about the company policy.  
No hack on you, David, I just think that the policy might really BE that weird.
He mentioned someone skipping a fare and perhaps there's a way to know that and he's docked the money for it.  That sucks.

As for the spitting and getting up to beat the shit outta the guy...
The spitting incident is an assault.  He can be charged with that and should be.
You have had a Police report filed.  Use it.  Charge the guy with assault.
The news media should also be alerted to the story.

We're 'encouraged' not to leave the Driver's seat for anything but assisting a passenger with 'special needs'. [rolleyes]
Engaging in retaliation would most likely end up with termination of employment.
Then again, there's something to be said for beating the shit out of some dork of a coach that spits on the Driver for not stopping at an ATM while he skates out the door without paying the fare.

Justice will be served.  Charge the guy.  Make him pay.  He's a dweeb.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 7:01:15 PM EDT
[#9]
There only been one guy that ever spit on me and I broke his nose. I won't put up with shit like that. You never know what kind of disease you could get from something like that.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 7:13:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Go to their website linked in a post above and click on "team roster"
There are listings of coaches and some have pics with them. There are quite a few, but maybe you can pick him out or at least get some names.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 7:26:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Is it the Stephen Abas guy?

Sunkist Kids Wrestling Club
7332 E. Butherus Drive
Scottsdale, AZ 85260

Office: 480 483-2907
Fax: 480 596-1721

This isn't that far from my house. This address is on their website. All their corporate stuff uses a Glendale P.O. Box. Get me Steve's full name and I can look for more "public" info.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 7:37:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 7:38:24 PM EDT
[#13]
In ND, spitting on someone is assault with bodily fluids.  I believe it is a felony.  I'd charge the asshole and have his ass thrown in jail.  Hopefully one of the other inmates will introduce him to some other bodily fluids.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 7:46:11 PM EDT
[#14]
You know....Just before I posted this, I thought to myself, The Busmaster will probably get a kick out of this.

Thanks IB for all your help in IM

As for you Hineline...I think it's pretty clear to everyone, that not only do you not have the first clue what your talking about, but that your nothing more than a total waste of bandwidth.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 7:49:22 PM EDT
[#15]
SUE'em!!
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 7:54:47 PM EDT
[#16]
David:

Not taking up for FL37, but way back when, I was a driver for AMVETS, going around picking up "donations" (as in everyone's trash for cash). Our trucks were all equipped with recorders and radial charts that made a record of our speed and length of stop. The asshole manager would srutinize our daily routes and raise hell with anyone who either broke the speed limit or stopped for too long.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 7:55:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Fearandloathing37

You are a bigger man than me. I don't do spitting. On the job or off I would have pounded his ass.

Where in OK did this happen?
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 7:56:24 PM EDT
[#18]
How come the cops didn't arrest him? If he'd spit on a cop, he'd get busted.
Oh, that's right.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 8:08:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Thanks455...Busmaster was quite correct in assuming from his own expiriance...that had I unbuckeled hop'ed out of the bus and fought...I would most certainly have been terminated.

however...if I had went and fought I would have risked the conflict escalating out of control...as it is right now I have a lot of options and none of them look to good for this wrestling coach...I wonder if he's ever heard of Bobby Knight?
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 8:15:42 PM EDT
[#20]
and this putz works with kids
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 8:33:52 PM EDT
[#21]

Most interstate commerce vehicles are tracked by the home office or dispatcher by means of a transponder or GPS, could be that some city buses are also equipped with this.
As for the spitting incident I would have given him a mouth full of bloody chicklets. [pound]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 8:53:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Maybe he had read your theories on the DC sniper case. [BD]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 9:23:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 9:34:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 9:47:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Personal note to myself. Never give FearandLoathing any negative feedback because he can not handle the truth.
View Quote

Please clarify, because you come off sounding that he deserved to get spit on. I do not care about what bus service is like in Oklahoma, we are not talking about Oklahoma.

You do not know how his employer tracks him, this is beside the point, a jackass did not like the policy and spit on him. The i need to stop at the ATM is the oldest trick around to skip a fare. Goes in one door and out another. Better yet, runs off and how is the driver supposed to catch him? lock the bus and give foot chase.  Chase him in the bus? That would look so good for the city.

Transportation bus driving unsafely around the streets to catch a fare. I know he should call the police for the skipped fare, ummm they will show between tomorrow and never.

You should really think before you make your remarks.

Fearandloathing, not all people from Arizona are assholes. Sorry this happened to you. Ditto others, way to exercise restraint.

Sean
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 9:55:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 9:59:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
So just where in my comment do you see me suggest he should have gotten spit upon?

...blah blah blah blah....

I get tired of lines like,

View Quote

Maybe you shouldn't leave the house, stop answering the phone, and transact your life via the internet.  

You'd avoid so much unnecessary trouble that way from the sounds of it.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 10:03:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
So just where in my comment do you see me suggest he should have gotten spit upon?

View Quote

Maybe you shouldn't leave the house, stop answering the phone, and transact your life via the internet.  

You'd avoid so much unnecessary trouble that way from the sounds of it.
View Quote

[LOLabove][ROFL2]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 10:12:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

First off there is no way the city can know that you stopped for an ATM so don't pull that I would have to make up the fare crap.

After that you took apropriate measures in overcoming the desire to whoop his ass, although if you had pepper sprayed him you would have felt better.

I praised him for resisting the urge to whoop his ass and told him his actions were appropriate.

My comment was in regards to the if you cheat me from a fare line I gotta make it up.

There is nothing I can do but give you a ticket, it's the law I have no discretion.

Or the famous Walmart line sir it's federal law that we make carbon copies of the form 4473s.

Or what I heard last night as a night clerk told a patron that PrePay for gas after duck was a Nebraska state law and he could do nothing about it.

View Quote

As I stated, you do not know his company policy. You do not know how his vehicle is tracked. When I worked in armored transport we had GPS locators on our vehicle. The company could pull up our location and tell us where we were at and how fast we were going.

If you do not like how people conduct their business to protect themselves from loss of money, oh well get over it. this is the price we pay for people who steal.

Your implications are their. In one breath you say good restraint, then say his line about having to pay the fare is BS.

You obviously do not know what you are talking about. You are obviously not aware of corporation tracking abilities of vehicles.

Link Posted: 6/24/2003 10:22:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 10:38:24 PM EDT
[#31]
[beathorse]

I'm sorry Dave,but your arguments don't hold water. He is only obeying company policy. Your arguments are only to avoid admitting that you may be wrong.

You are the weakest Link. Good bye!.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 10:58:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Haa Haa  Well said Nam,and David I don't know you and will make it a point to never do so!

Maybe you didn't read the Barnsonnering mindswapers(you Hineline) did write that didn't you?

He was telling you what happened,not asking if it was okay,  Got That!

Bob [:D]

Link Posted: 6/24/2003 11:30:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 12:30:09 AM EDT
[#34]
I'm not EVEN going to get into the 'spirited discussion', but Fearandloathing, I got into a fight one day on duty and an EXTREMELY large woman bit me.Not the same thing as spitting mind you but the same principle applies.See what you can do to have the police issue a search warrant for his bodily fluids.Not only will this give you peace of mind(or maybe not,all depends),but it will REALLY inconvenience the @$$hole who spit on you.My department was gracious enough to pay for the tests that were done to the ogress' blood, but I don't know how it would work in your state.And by all means have the ass prosecuted.
P.S. I understand several of the members are not as pro-police as others,but please,dont start a debate over the whole illegal searches,shooting dogs and the like.I'm just like ya'll,except they don't make you wear dark blue polyester all the time.Besides, you never know anymore who's got what anymore.This wasted sperm could have any host of transmittable diseases.
Also, good job on showing restraint,although it would have been nice for you to 're-educate' the bastage with an impact weapon.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 1:36:04 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Personal note to myself. Never give FearandLoathing any negative feedback because he can not handle the truth.
View Quote

[Norm McD]Note to self: David_Hineline appears to be some sort of well-dug-in troll. [:K][/Norm McD]

Whether the company could prove that he stopped at an ATM or not, whether they had GPS or not, if the bus driver was honest, he would pay the company whenever he lost a fare. Why is it such "BS" to you, David Hine, that a bus driver would abide by policy and take the fare our of their paycheck whether they were caught or not? So much for you advocating "doing the right thing." Here's another troll for ya. [:K]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 3:40:56 AM EDT
[#36]
His comment just came across to me as a line of mindless dribble, repeated by a robot.
View Quote

There is indeed lots of hineless [i]drivel[/i] in this thread.

Eddie
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 3:55:20 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 5:31:11 AM EDT
[#38]
Fear, congratulations on handling a difficult situation very well.

It's an interesting dichotomy, however, to see all of the posters on here who urge you to turn this guy in vs. those on another thread that think that turning someone in is de facto a bad thing.  The simple fact is that there are some situations, like this one, where it is best to report someone & there are some situations where it is not.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 5:42:42 AM EDT
[#39]
Here's the thread that I mentioned above:

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=192766&w=activePop[/url]

As I said, an interesting dichotomy.  It would also be interesting to see if there are posters who believe both!  They would be situational ethicists as a result of our "feel good" ultraliberal school systems.

Sorry for hijacking your thread.

Link Posted: 6/25/2003 5:45:15 AM EDT
[#40]
I don't think Hineline is saying that he should have broken the rules.  If I'm hearing him correctly, he saying that he just wants to hear people say exactly why they will or will not do something, rather than blame it on the company.

Either way, it has nothing to do with this thread, and Hineline seems to have a pattern of rarely posting anything positive without a negative jab in there somewhere.

Hineline, regardless of your intentions, you are just coming off as a total prick for no reason.  Maybe that's why everyone is jumping on you?

As for the spitter, he needs an ass-kicking.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 5:58:53 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 6:02:48 AM EDT
[#42]
ol hineline is making all kinds of new friends here lately........................

[peep]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 6:47:36 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I think what happened to you is upsetting and disgusting.
View Quote

I agree.

Too bad if it happened to a cop we would all be told how it is part of the job you signed up for.
View Quote

Of course, the cop could have arrested him on the spot and then charged him for resisting arrest if he tried to leave...  
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 6:54:09 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Hineline, regardless of your intentions, you are just coming off as a total prick for no reason.  Maybe that's why everyone is jumping on you?
View Quote

Well, he can come off that way.  I wasn't happy the first time he posted on my thread, but he has a point:  If you don't want different opinions, don't post your situation on the internet!  Ya gots to have a thick skin.  Look at his original post again; there's nothing particularly bad there:

Quoted:
First off there is no way the city can know that you stopped for an ATM so don't pull that I would have to make up the fare crap.
View Quote

That seems reasonable; it's hard to believe that even with tracking, the bus company would know exactly why you stopped for less than 1 minute in traffic.

You have your reasons for what you did.  Maybe you really were afraid that someone would drop a dime on you.  In any case, the man's response was completely inappropriate.

After that you took apropriate measures in overcoming the desire to whoop his ass, although if you had pepper sprayed him you would have felt better.
View Quote

Nothing negative here; he's commending you on your restraint.  I do to, FWIW.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 6:54:39 AM EDT
[#45]
Backtrack, cover my hine.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 6:55:46 AM EDT
[#46]
So you are going to give anyone you come across a free ride?  

Buddy, carting companies and bus companies have been monitoring busses and trucks for quite a while now.  It's no big deal.  You wire the odometer and speedometer to a radio transponder that works like a telemetry device, sending the data back to home base or merely record it onboard the bus for later review. You can also put a counter on the doors of the bus, every time the doors open and close, how long they were open, etc.  Other sensors can be used to detect people getting off and on the bus.  Did a guy get on the bus without paying?  well, if the sensors detect 4 people getting on but the fare counter only receives 3 fares, someone didn't pay.   None of this is even all that sophisticated.

GPS is being added now to ensure that drivers don't deviate from routes and also to ensure that routes are being driven on time and efficiently. Tie GPS to the radio and the bus company can have instant feedback on the location of any bus at any time to within 5 meters or so.

Do most bus companies bother with this degree of control?  I doubt it, but some do and more will. A bus company that has been having trouble with people skipping out on fares or drivers freelancing will have many more controls in place and WILL exercise and enforce them.  The same is true with companies that have regular problems with crime.

As far as you giving "Fear..." such a hard time, I can't figure out why you are doing it.  Do you think the a-hole who spit at him was justified to do so?  He wasn't.  In this day and age, anyone who spit in my face would end up getting taken down and arrested, then tested 8 ways from Sunday for every bio-agent someone could cook up to use as a weapon.  A SINGLE incident like that where one person infected with smallpox spat on another WOULD cause a city wide and probably worse epidemic.

Even barring that, spitting in someone's face is uncouth and barbaric.  It demonstrates an absolute absence of any class at all and a disregard for the welfare of others, not to mention an unforgiveable level of disrespect.

I cannot even begin to understand your position here unless it is that ALL rules are meant to be disregarded as suits you, and that all authority is to be flouted as often as possible.  Your position seems to be that because you cannot concieve how the company could detect an infraction of it's policies, that it's OK to break the rule.   That's fairly consistent with the way a lot of irresponsible children operate today.  "If you don't get caught you didn't do anything wrong." However, that's simply not true. When you take on a job and accept payment for that job, you also take on the contractual obligation to follow and enforce the employer's policies, so long as they are not illegal or immoral.  

Now here's a perspective on the rule about levying an extra fare for stopping for the ATM errand.   When one passenger asks the bus to stop so he can get money out of the ATM, he is asking everyone on the bus to delay their activities and force extra time into their schedule to make up for his lack of preparation. So how much is the time of 20-30 bus passengers worth?  How much is the potential for dissatisfaction on their part and complaints to the bus company worth to the bus company?  Hell $2.50 is paltry compared to the amount of money that will be wasted if the ATM trip takes five minutes and one person misses an appointment or connection that costs him an appointment or job or missed flight or something.  They will waste at least 15 minutes or more of someone else's valuable time complaining, escalating the issue, etc.

Now let's consider the value of the favor.

You need to get across town, and yoy have a couple choices, you can take a cab, but that'll cost at least 5 bucks. Or you can take the bus.  You don't have money for either.  If you want to take the bus you need to go now, no time to find an ATM close by.  If you miss this bus, you will have to wait at least ten minutes for the next one, probably more like 20 minutes. You know the bus will pass an ATM along the way and it'll cost you 2.50 for the privilege of stopping to get money.  Or you could go to the ATM now and hail a cab when you have the money.  

I'd go the cab route myself, because I wouldn't want to inconvenience all the other folks on the bus, I'd be ashamed of my own lack of prior preparation and the attendant need to ask for the favor from the bus driver and everyone riding the bus with me.  I'll pay the extra money as penalty for my lack of preparation. This guy chose to inconvenience everyone else, and when he was asked to pony up for the privilege, he lost his temper and spit in the driver's face.  

I don't know about you, but I have no problem figuring out who is the aggrieved party here.

Link Posted: 6/25/2003 6:59:09 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
David,

You infer since no one would know if he stopped at an ATM, although the rules forbid it, he should have done it.  In other words, since no one would know he broke a rule, it’s no big deal to break the rule.  Am I reading you correctly?

If so, this says a lot about your character and your ethics.
View Quote

Yep thats it,you hit it on the nose.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 7:08:09 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

So David, have you done your duty, and notified the corporation that someone on the internet is bad-mouthing them???

Hmmmmm???  [pissed]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 7:21:20 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
This guy chose to inconvenience everyone else, and when he was asked to pony up for the privilege, he lost his temper and spit in the driver's face.  

I don't know about you, but I have no problem figuring out who is the aggrieved party here.
View Quote

Ok, you argued pretty hard for these points, but I haven't seen anybody contradict them in this thread...
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 7:21:22 AM EDT
[#50]
Too bad he didn't get cited for assault, with a personal appearance required.

Then he would have the extra expense of having another trip back for court, or a bench warrant for non-appearance.

However, I'm not sure he could be cited if the officers didn't actually witness the offense, unless it's a felony.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top