Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/24/2003 1:59:37 PM EDT
I was just about done running the dog when I came across a bunch of kids selling lemonade and iced tea.  Since I didn't have any $$ on me, I vowed to go back and buy a couple cups.  So I dropped the half dead dog at home, got in the car and drove back.  (All uphill and its still 88 degrees.)

I pulled up and about 7 kids had set up the stand.  They asked how many and I said, "give me 4 cups please!"  Kids thought they hit the damn jackpot!  Two of the little girls started dancing around and two of the boys were incredulous that I wanted so many.  I drank the cups as fast as they could pour them, so unfortunately I missed out on their surprise....THEY HAD UMBRELLAS FOR THE DRINKS!!!!!!!!

They asked for $1, I gave them $5.  I swear, I've never heard kids scream so loud.  I didn't know whether to put my hands up or smile.  Last thing I wanted was the damn neighborhood thinking I'm a kiddie toucher!

Anyway, mom n' dad came out, they ran over with the money and started screaming how much money I gave them without even drinking that many cups.  Luckily, at that point I was in the free and clear!

The kids then told me they'd give my dog a drink tomorrow when I run him again.  Ya gotta love kids!
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 2:03:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool![8D]

We never have lemonade stands in my hood.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 2:04:53 PM EDT
[#2]
In this here neighborhood, you won't even see an icecream truck. The drivers just got tired of getting robbed at gunpoint by the little tykes.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 3:09:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn, kinda makes me feel good to live where I do.  Only thing you gotta watch for are roaming dogs from local homes.  We've been attacked twice.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top