Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 6/24/2003 1:59:37 PM EDT
I was just about done running the dog when I came across a bunch of kids selling lemonade and iced tea. Since I didn't have any $$ on me, I vowed to go back and buy a couple cups. So I dropped the half dead dog at home, got in the car and drove back. (All uphill and its still 88 degrees.) I pulled up and about 7 kids had set up the stand. They asked how many and I said, "give me 4 cups please!" Kids thought they hit the damn jackpot! Two of the little girls started dancing around and two of the boys were incredulous that I wanted so many. I drank the cups as fast as they could pour them, so unfortunately I missed out on their surprise....THEY HAD UMBRELLAS FOR THE DRINKS!!!!!!!! They asked for $1, I gave them $5. I swear, I've never heard kids scream so loud. I didn't know whether to put my hands up or smile. Last thing I wanted was the damn neighborhood thinking I'm a kiddie toucher! Anyway, mom n' dad came out, they ran over with the money and started screaming how much money I gave them without even drinking that many cups. Luckily, at that point I was in the free and clear! The kids then told me they'd give my dog a drink tomorrow when I run him again. Ya gotta love kids!
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 2:03:44 PM EDT
Cool![8D] We never have lemonade stands in my hood.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 2:04:53 PM EDT
In this here neighborhood, you won't even see an icecream truck. The drivers just got tired of getting robbed at gunpoint by the little tykes.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 3:09:37 PM EDT
Damn, kinda makes me feel good to live where I do. Only thing you gotta watch for are roaming dogs from local homes. We've been attacked twice.
Top Top