Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 6/24/2003 11:54:19 AM EDT
Anyone use these guys? Got any opinions good or bad? Any reason to avoid them? Any competition of theirs that's better?
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 12:05:52 PM EDT
I've gotten my last couple of pair of glasses from them. Been good and had a VERY complete exam as well. YMMV.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 12:12:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/24/2003 12:14:34 PM EDT by CAMPYBOB]
they have done my last two pair of glasses. optician quality is paramount...and probably varies from locale to locale. the store near me has a great female optician that understands my need for a sharp sight picture and can establish workarounds for my astigmatism vs nearsightedness. if you are going to shoot while wearing your glasses, make certain to tell the optician. lens grinding is pretty much computer controlled anymore with just an inspection bench to verify the scrip...so it's a non-issue afaic. i only buy titanium hi-flex frames, and lenscrafters has a good selection (not inexpensive, but the lightweight quality plus the durabiliy factor in to make them worthwhile to me). btw, even in my rural locale, there is an optician (private practice) that specializes in outfitting shooters...you actually bring your rifle into his office for a perfect sight picture/sight plane match!
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 12:14:54 PM EDT
I got set of eyeglasses from them, but the fit of lense to the frame was so poor that, the lense would move up and down slightly in the frame. I think it depends on the store that you go to. I had to have them make it over again.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 3:47:15 PM EDT
Very satisfied with them. Good exam by the associated optician. Glasses fine. And, they do adjustments free anytime you need them.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 5:45:32 PM EDT
Had a pair of $200 frames break within the "stated" warenty period. After contacting the parent co. the manager honored the warenty. Took over 3 months to resolve even with the original dated receipt. Not worth the aggrevation.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 5:51:57 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Voodoo17: Had a pair of $200 frames break within the "stated" warenty period. After contacting the parent co. the manager honored the warenty. Took over 3 months to resolve even with the original dated receipt. Not worth the aggrevation.
View Quote
So who is better? Not flaming, just asking.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 9:53:18 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Voodoo17: Had a pair of $200 frames break within the "stated" warenty period. After contacting the parent co. the manager honored the warenty. Took over 3 months to resolve even with the original dated receipt. Not worth the aggrevation.
View Quote
Each store is under super heavy pressure to keep up sales etc. Fixing stuff under warranty is not making any money for the store.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 5:55:33 AM EDT
I refuse to buy anything from Lenscrafters! Their parent company bought out the company I used to work at, for 20 years, and they sold out our company and it got shut down lock,stock, and barrel! Put more than 2000 people out of work. Several of them was even close to retirement! Really sucked the big one! Mark
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 6:02:51 AM EDT
Got a pair from them about 6 months ago, the night manager was very good, but when I went to get them fitted, the assistant wasn't very adeot, plus that old language barrier wa a problem. The lenses are not fit to the frames very well, I have to go see if they can adjust them. Too far away - but they had a better selection of frames that weren't from China.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 7:22:18 AM EDT
Okay, the best selection of frames is at lenscrafters but I got great service from my local Sears. Always able to just walk in and have adjustments made no questions asked. Lenscrafters twice and Sears six or seven times for glasses. Need titanium frames and lesncrafters has a bunch.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 7:47:32 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Voodoo17: Okay, the best selection of frames is at lenscrafters but I got great service from my local Sears. Always able to just walk in and have adjustments made no questions asked. Lenscrafters twice and Sears six or seven times for glasses. Need titanium frames and lesncrafters has a bunch.
View Quote
I used to go to Sears, but down here that's not a good idea. Getting decent service anywhere in South Florida that actually speaks English is a major pain in the ass. Lenscrafters may not be any better. The one place I was going is a local chain along the lines of lenscrafters, but I don't think the doctors were very happy there and I don't think they did a good job testing my eyes. Not to mention, when the $5/hr bitch started insinuating that I didn't want to spend $300 on a pair of frames that pissed me off.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 7:56:33 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 8:38:23 AM EDT
What about Pearl Vision?
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 8:53:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/25/2003 8:55:05 AM EDT by Lazyshooter]
Have had good luck at Lenscrafters for frames and lenses, but have my eyes checked elsewhere at an opthamologist. That reminds me, I have a prescription change as of two months ago and haven't gotten lense replacements yet. No matter where you go......[b]DON'T FORGET TO TAKE THE COUPONS[/b] that are in the Sunday papers. Forgot to add that at Lenscrafters, if you want two of the same frame, better get them right away, as they seem to discontinue models very frequently and sometimes getting parts is hard.
Top Top