Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2003 4:39:54 PM EDT
I just got the 22 upper from aimsurplus. It is not actually made by CZ, as I called and they knew right off what I was talking about, and said they didn't make it, but wished they did judging by the number of calls they had gotten. Anyway, I have the 2001 legp, and tried to put it on that. At first, I could only get one pin to go through. The other one would stick when it hit the upper. Then I found if I pulled back the bolt, the upper moved a little, and I could force the other pin in, and it is a pain to get back out again. I only have the upper that came with it, and a bushmaster I played with for a while to compare this to,(So this is not one of those that uses the ciener conversion bolt in an upper without a gas tube, this has a pinned piece that holds the bolt in and it charges from the side.)so is this normal for an upper to be hard to get the pins out of? Should I wallow out the rear pin hole so I can get it to pin down? Should I expect all of them to be like this, or should I try to get it replaced? I have not taken it to the range yet, and won't have time till this weekend.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 3:41:52 AM EDT
btt
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 4:16:04 AM EDT
take a .251" diameter ream to the upper, then chamfer the pin's feed side (the hole opening opposite the pin's head).
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 6:20:42 AM EDT
Is that the problem? The hole isn't really the right size, or is something hitting I should be looking for? It seems odd that I can't get the pin to start until I pull the bolt back.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 6:31:18 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 6:47:59 AM EDT
Okay, I will see if it works it self out first. I guess I was/am afraid it might damage the pin, and screw up the fit with my regular upper if I didn't do anything.
Top Top