Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/23/2003 3:39:01 PM EDT
Ive been wanting one of these for an while..
[img]www.t-mobile.com/images/products/166765/Large_front.jpg[/img]

So today I finally said ,, aw screw it .. Im getting it..

T-Mobile has an unlimited data plan for 29.95

back to the deal.. I show up with the aviable balance on my credit card burning a hole in my wallet..
The first place I went to had one but not setup for me to demo..
My dumdass was going to get it.. just cause I was excited about the Gadget.

Went to Best Buy and they had one setup .. turned it on and.. presto .. websites galore !!! .. I even told the guy .. " ILL TAKE IT!!!!" ... while he was setting me up with the plan with t-mobile.. .. I pulled up ar15.com.. [red]NOO!!!!!!!!!!!!![/red]
only the titles show up.. I have to highlight the text in the threads in order to see it.   needless to say.. the gadget is still in the store.. [:)]

any other options ?

plam makes one for $499 < and it pulls up this site> but it connets thru wi-fi .. < not an option since its not every where> and one with data service thru AT&T.. again not an option cause they charge by the Megabit

again.. any other options.. ?

I was so close to getting it.... [:(]
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 3:54:56 PM EDT
[#1]
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=14033[/img]

Verizon has this. It's the samsung i700.  Sorry the pic is so small, it was all I could find.  Do a google search on it, it's got some amazing capability.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 3:55:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I've used a pocketPC with just a serial cable to my cell phone.  Works fine though a normal dial-up ISP at 14.4kbps.

Has the same issue with having to highlight to see text in posts, but almost everything else seemed to work on the site.  When nothing else is available its better than staring at the wall while waiting for a client.

I figure there will be patches to pocketPC I.E. at some point in the future.  It's not 100% java compliant either.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 4:05:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep, I think anything running PocketPC 2002 has trouble with the text on ARFCOM.  Supposedly, the browser in "Windows Mobile 2003" (PocketPC 2003), which was just released, is better; it might do ok.  I'm thinking about finding another PocketPC browser so I can view the site.  [:D]
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 4:06:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
 When nothing else is available its better than staring at the wall while waiting for a client.

View Quote

Yup thats why I want one !!!  

seems like the one I was looking at has actuall speeds in the 50kbs range.. thats what was nice about it..

verizon :
General
How am I billed?
There is a monthly access fee, $6.95 for Mobile Web with 100 Alerts, $8.95 for Mobile Web with 200 Alerts; $12.95 for Mobile Web with 600 Alerts. [red]Mobile Web deducts minutes from your voice rate-plan minutes (overage rates may apply).[/red]

nope its out also..

Link Posted: 6/23/2003 4:41:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top