Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/23/2003 5:25:09 AM EDT
well i almost ran down a little kid on sunday.  she was about 6 yo and standing on the side median begging for money so she could play "X" sport.  she was with about 4 other kids and one adult.  they had been doing this bumble bee routine with buckets and she got confused at the lights and stepped out into traffic.  right in front of my Dodge Ram 1500 4X4 doing 35MPH.  i slam on on the breaks and the tires squall but there is no where to go with little kids on the medians and shoulder.  fortunately the truck stopped (for once).  the lady who was supposed to be watchings the kid gave me a dirty look and pulled the kid back up on the median.  if the light had not been green i probably would have pistol whipped the shit out of her!  
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 5:41:26 AM EDT
[#1]
You should have called the PD on them- a hazard to traffic, and child endangerment by a negligent adult, supposedly in charge of the little beggar....
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 5:51:38 AM EDT
[#2]
To bad you stopped, removing that kid from the gene pool would have increased the average IQ of hte human race.  Actually, it you could have swerved and taken out the adult and the kids, well, . . . . .

I hate that shit and I see crap like that all the time.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 5:53:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Tune: Up on the roof top

"Up on the sidewlak, "WHUMP" "WHUMP" "WHUMP""
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 6:04:22 AM EDT
[#4]
well, I feel better now.

I thought I was being TOO protective with my kid.
I guess not.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 6:12:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Keep the kids off the street corners and out of traffic on major roads.  Highways aren't neighborhood roads where it is expected that kids will be playing ball and skating.

I often wonder about the fundraisers where the kids are standing on the street corners.  

Are we teaching the next generation how to be homeless and what the best techniques for panhandling are?

Link Posted: 6/23/2003 6:44:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Someone tell me why is it that a bunch of kids who can play a pickup game of baseball for nothing, choose instead to join leagues where they (their parents) have to pay for uniforms, caps, etc. AND work in fundraisers to boot ?
The idea of these parents buying a kid new baseball togs every year and letting the league send them to play inn traffic is almost beyond belief.

My favorite "fundraiser" experience was  what I saw a few months ago: 14-16 year old kids, with ONE adults supervisior collecting money during school hours along a local  35-45MPH thoroughfare. At some intersections there were 4 kids, at some 2 kids. At the last was a lone 15 y.o. girl by herself.

I wonder if her folks new  she was gonna spend  her morning, alone  in the middle of Route 30, walking up to stranger's cars.

F*cking incredible.

CKMorley
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top