Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/22/2003 6:08:32 PM EDT
I've read this 5 times already and I still can't believe what I'm reading.  It's scary to think that a person who thinks like this could actually become President.

"When I'm president, we'll have executive orders to overcome any wrong thing the Supreme Court does tomorrow or any other day," said Rep. Dick Gephardt of Missouri.
View Quote
[url]http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=536&ncid=536&e=2&u=/ap/20030623/ap_on_el_pr/democrats_2004[/url]

Aren't there three sections of the government for checks and balances?  It sounds like Gephardt would bypass the other two just to get whatever he wants.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 6:12:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Gee-Fart is an idiot.

The SCOTUS can nullify EOs just the same as Congressional actions.

Link Posted: 6/22/2003 6:14:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I've read this 5 times already and I still can't believe what I'm reading.  It's scary to think that a person who thinks like this could actually become President.

[red]"When I'm president[/red], we'll have executive orders to overcome any wrong thing the Supreme Court does tomorrow or any other day," said Rep. Dick Gephardt of Missouri.
View Quote
[url]http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=536&ncid=536&e=2&u=/ap/20030623/ap_on_el_pr/democrats_2004[/url]

Aren't there three sections of the government for checks and balances?  It sounds like Gephardt would bypass the other two just to get whatever he wants.
View Quote

Hopefully this will NEVER happen.

Link Posted: 6/22/2003 6:14:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I guarantee that after this long in government, Dick Gephardt knows that no executive order could override a ruling by the Supreme Court or any other court in the judicial branch.

He said that for one reason an one reason only...the Pro-Choice constiuancy.  He knows that the Democrat who wins the nomination will have to win that core group of fanatics.  This is a very hot issue with the prop-choice voters right now.  I am sure that you have seen a commercial or two about it
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 8:56:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Gee, this thread could just as easily be titled, "What 2004 presidential candidate's face would you most like to see on the back of a milk carton?"
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 9:01:36 AM EDT
[#5]
vote Sharpton! [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top