Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/22/2003 5:14:08 AM EDT
Is anybody else here on a Beta-Blocker?

I'm on Betapace(generic is Sotalol) for a heart arryhthmia. I have had episodes of atrial fibrillation from time to time. Atrial fibrillation can best be explained as when one of the top chambers of the heart begins beating out of rhythm with the rest of the heart. Not life threatining in and of itself, but other potentially serious things could happen if left untreated. It just makes me really tired...

This medication(Betapace = Sotalol) prevents most episodes and reduces the length and severity of the occasional episode I do have now days. So much for my dreams of re-enlisting into the Army...

Anyway, for those of you on a Beta-Blocker medication, are you having any kind of side effects? What are they?

I've already spoken to my doctor about mine and he assured me that they were normal, but he didn't say how common they were.

If you'd prefer not to post on this forum, please e-mail me. I'd like to know and your privacy is assured.

Thanks in advance!

My e-mail address:

[email][email protected][/email]
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 7:38:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Look at www.webmd.com. You nay get some useful information.
-----------------------------------------------
Which will it be, Webster's or Oxford?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top