Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2003 3:21:01 AM EDT
I REALLY hope she means it.  The bitch has enough supporters in this state if she was on the ballot, she might win. [shock]

[url]http://ap.tbo.com/ap/breaking/MGAN7XWH8HD.html[/url]

Feinstein Swears off Joining Possible Recall Election of Calif. Governor

The Associated Press
Published: Jun 21, 2003

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., eliminated herself Saturday as a possible replacement for Gov. Gray Davis, who is facing a recall drive rapidly gaining momentum.

"I am not a candidate," said Feinstein, who appeared with Davis at ceremonies to open a rail extension to San Francisco International Airport.

Feinstein, the Democratic nominee for governor in 1990, had been considered the strongest potential Democratic candidate. But party officials have long been urging prominent Democrats to stay off the ballot, insisting the governor should be allowed to stave off the recall without facing challengers from his own party.

Other high-level California Democrats, including Lt. Gov. Cruz Bustamante and Attorney General Bill Lockyer, had already said they had no intention of running.

Recall supporters claim to have gathered about 800,000 signatures in favor forcing an election to recall Davis, who won a second term in November.

Recall proponents have until Sept. 2 to collect nearly 900,000 signatures. They want to submit the needed signatures next month, which would force a special election this fall.

Potential Republican candidates include Rep. Darrell Issa, who is largely bankrolling the recall effort; Bill Simon, who lost to Davis in last year's election, and actor Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Feinstein said Davis, whose approval numbers have plummeted as the state struggles with a huge budget deficit, was re-elected as governor "just six months ago," and should not have to mount a new campaign to keep his job.

"The recall is really there for gross moral turpitude, corruption, or some extraneous terrible circumstance in which you have to remove somebody from office," Feinstein said. "Now the state's having a rough time. So is every other state in the union right now."

Feinstein, a former mayor of San Francisco, was first elected to the Senate in 1992. Her current term expires in 2006.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 3:33:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I think all the Democrats are saying that to show support for Davis.  If he goes we'll see who still says they won't run.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 3:48:18 AM EDT
[#2]
The rest of the country would be better off if she was governor of PRC.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 3:58:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

You got that right.  Anyplace but Congress.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 4:04:41 AM EDT
[#4]
She turns 70 today and her senate term is up in 06.  I hope to God she packs it in.  If Davis gets his ass booted I think it will go a long way to turning the tide here in the DPRK.

On a side note, my GF was shopping at Wal-Mart yesterday and there was a Recall Davis volunteer at the entrance.  She stopped and signed the petition.  During the 10 minutes she was there at least 7 people signed.  She said it was funny because when the girl asked people walking by if they wanted to sign most all of them made IMMEDIATE turns to the table or did a quick about face back to the table.  All of them couldn't wait to sign.

I should add that this is San Diego, one of the few urban conservative counties left in the state.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 4:31:29 AM EDT
[#5]
San Diego is conservative?
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 6:40:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
San Diego is conservative?
View Quote

I personally would say so. My friend's girl-friend was caught with a Colt Detective Special in the glove box because she was reaching for her registration after being stopped for speeding, the PD guy just looked at it and gave it back to her and told her to keep it well oiled. He also gave her a speeding tix.

Being an incumbant is a HUGE advantage, if she doesn't do it out of loyalty to her party, she will most likely miss out. She has to make a really really tough decision because she has had her eye on the gov's mansion for a long time.

This is the 2nd recall Davis, the first time was done with only unpaid volunteer and it was a disiaster. Now they people gathering signatures are paid from money donated by Darrel Issa, otherwise they would never get enough sigs in the time alloted.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 8:09:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 8:43:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

You got that right.  Anyplace but Congress.
View Quote

Ditto.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 9:21:16 PM EDT
[#9]
political analyists think that swinestein is at the END of her political career. lets pray.

why would anyone want to take this broken state into there arms and try to rehab it?

many democraps are going to stay clear of this recall bidness so they stay in the good graces of the democrap party.

someone mentioned somewhere that if davis resigns from office, then Lt. Gov bustamente would become Gov. this would be bad.

if davis had any resepct and honor for this state he would resign, but since he has none he wont. at least he ruined his chances of making a run for the Presidency. lets put him in the poor house and hope the poor people (ME) spit on him every chance they get.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top