Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/22/2003 12:26:20 AM EDT
How do you secure a Camelback drinking tube on load bearing vests, say for example on an Eagle TAC-V1-N vest and a Camelback Storm? It looks like it would just flop around and get in the way of mag pouches and stuff.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 1:35:44 AM EDT
The cammelbacks I've seen have a clip to hold the tube in place.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 2:24:40 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Max_Power: The cammelbacks I've seen have a clip to hold the tube in place.
View Quote
Yeah, try to find a clip for the tube. If not, I'd sow a ring or a loop onto the lower front shoulder of the vest.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 4:27:44 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Imbroglio: How do you secure a Camelback drinking tube on load bearing vests...
View Quote
You need a camel toe for that. [:P]
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 4:35:24 AM EDT
use one of the pocket flaps on the non firing shoulder. Also is there not a D ring on the shoulder that you can run the tube thru? I would take a pic, but I use a Hellcat now instead of a vest.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 4:54:29 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Imbroglio: How do you secure a Camelback drinking tube on load bearing vests, say for example on an Eagle TAC-V1-N vest and a Camelback Storm? It looks like it would just flop around and get in the way of mag pouches and stuff.
View Quote
I have read this 5 times and I am still trying to find the typical cynicism and paranoia in it. Can someone please help me?
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 5:52:34 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Imbroglio: How do you secure a Camelback drinking tube on load bearing vests, say for example on an Eagle TAC-V1-N vest and a Camelback Storm? It looks like it would just flop around and get in the way of mag pouches and stuff.
View Quote
There are D Rings on the shoulder of the Eagle Industries TAC-V1 that the hose from any camelbak will slip through.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 5:52:40 AM EDT
They do flop around. Use a standard badge clip, or buy one of the specific toys made for this purpose. Also, get an on/off valve so that your Camelbak doesn't get a case of "the drip" and soak you, especially when you are crawling around.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 7:55:59 AM EDT
I just tuck the end of the tube into my vest. After I run it through the "D" Rings
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 7:59:08 AM EDT
View Quote
How many 10/22 mags can that TAC-V1-N hold, anyway?
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 10:42:43 AM EDT
[LOLabove]
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 10:45:30 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Lightfighter: There are D Rings on the shoulder of the Eagle Industries TAC-V1 that the hose from any camelbak will slip through.
View Quote
If a [url=www.specopsbrand.com/assets/product_html/prod_theHUMP.html]Spec-Ops H.U.M.P.[/url] is being used to secure the Camelback, then the d-rings on the vest cannot be used.
Top Top