Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/21/2003 6:43:42 PM EDT
I called John Warner's office Friday and followed up with a letter today asking him to support S.659, a bill that is supposed to block frivolous lawsuits against firearms manufacturers. This bill has passed the House and has 53 committed supporters in the senate,but needs 60 supporters to avoid a filibuster by the anti-gunners(might be democrats?).Everyone needs to at least call your Senators and solicit their support or if they're already on our side,tell them they are doing a good job and can expect your continued support.A telephone call followed by a letter is better than just a call, but do something!!
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 6:55:12 PM EDT
ibtl
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 6:56:19 PM EDT
Fortunately, our guys are all republicans, Including the speaker of the house the Hon. Bill Frist. I know his brother well (my wife is a patient of his and used to work for his father) and they know how I feel. I talk politics to his brother regularly and he forwards my comments to Bill and he knows how I feel about things. I just wish he would bust that democrap BS that is going on with the judges.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 7:19:09 PM EDT
I think I'll call up Teddy Kennedy's office AND John Kerry's office Monday to get them to swing round and vote in favor of this bill. Yeah that'll do it- it will definitely ensure passage of this bill. What do you think my chances of success are, people? [:D]
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 7:25:56 PM EDT
You got a better chance of playin' fiddle sticks with your asshole, that's what.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 8:37:24 PM EDT
Warner is a RINO of the biggest order....I hate to say it but your call was most likely ignored, as was mine.... [banghead]
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 3:41:43 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 4:01:55 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Wobblin-Goblin: You got a better chance of playin' fiddle sticks with your asshole, that's what.
View Quote
Good thing I don't live in Barney Frank's district, then....[shock]
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 4:06:20 PM EDT
... I can understand the cynicism behind some of these replies but I for appreciate your effort [b]RELOADER-BOB[/b].
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 6:11:27 PM EDT
Thanks for the input fellow members,but what I really had in mind was to have a lot of voters call their senators. Maybe if I titled my article "I shot my senator today" I would have gotten more readers!
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 6:18:17 PM EDT
Three names: Hillary Clinton Chuck Schumer Caroline McCarthy My representatives. I write them when the spirit moves me. Sometimes I even get a form letter back.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 6:25:46 PM EDT
My senator is over in the Middle east getting Sunburned and interviewed by George Stephenopolos{however you spell it}. But I will get with him later to make sure all is right with the world [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 6:29:19 PM EDT
My senator needs to take a plane ride......one way.....down Sgtar15
Top Top