Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/21/2003 6:43:42 PM EDT
I called John Warner's office Friday and followed up with a letter today asking him to support S.659, a bill that is supposed to block frivolous lawsuits against firearms manufacturers. This bill has passed the House and has 53 committed supporters in the senate,but needs 60 supporters to avoid a filibuster by the anti-gunners(might be democrats?).Everyone needs to at least call your Senators and solicit their support or if they're already on our side,tell them they are doing a good job and can expect your continued support.A telephone call followed by a letter is better than just a call, but do something!!
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 6:55:12 PM EDT
[#1]
ibtl
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 6:56:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Fortunately, our guys are all republicans, Including the speaker of the house the Hon. Bill Frist.  I know his brother well (my wife is a patient of his and used to work for his father) and they know how I feel.  I talk politics to his brother regularly and he forwards my comments to Bill and he knows how I feel about things.  I just wish he would bust that democrap BS that is going on with the judges.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 7:19:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I think I'll call up Teddy Kennedy's office AND John Kerry's office Monday to get them to swing round and vote in favor of this bill. Yeah that'll do it- it will definitely ensure passage of this bill. What do you think my chances of success are, people? [:D]
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 7:25:56 PM EDT
[#4]
You got a better chance of playin' fiddle sticks with your asshole, that's what.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 8:37:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Warner is a RINO of the biggest order....I hate to say it but your call was most likely ignored, as was mine....

[banghead]
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 3:41:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 4:01:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You got a better chance of playin' fiddle sticks with your asshole, that's what.
View Quote

Good thing I don't live in Barney Frank's district, then....[shock]
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 4:06:20 PM EDT
[#8]
... I can understand the cynicism behind some of these replies but I for appreciate your effort [b]RELOADER-BOB[/b].
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 6:11:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the input fellow members,but what I really had in mind was to have a lot of voters call their senators. Maybe if I titled my article "I shot my senator today" I would have gotten more readers!
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 6:18:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Three names:

Hillary Clinton
Chuck Schumer
Caroline McCarthy

My representatives. I write them when the spirit moves me. Sometimes I even get a form letter back.

Link Posted: 6/22/2003 6:25:46 PM EDT
[#11]
My senator is over in the Middle east getting Sunburned and interviewed by George Stephenopolos{however you spell it}.

But I will get with him later to make sure all is right with the world [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 6:29:19 PM EDT
[#12]
My senator needs to take a plane ride......one way.....down

Sgtar15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top