Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/21/2003 3:38:05 PM EDT
Fox News today Women find it is better to stay at home (where they belong) and raise children and take care of dad and home. They found it cost the family less for her to be home.As did my wife and I. Heck if you put it on paper. Mom at home is better than Child care, clothes, fuel, and the other expenses of getting to and from and holding a job. It is 90% of the time cheaper for mom to be home. Before you send the little lady out to bring home the beans, run the numbers. This may not be for couples without children, you must do the math. Of course YOU have to have a job for this to work. But with all those women at home. makes for a better job market. And she ask me what I want for supper every night,Yes I am spoiled.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 3:47:29 PM EDT
I was wondering when this was going to come full circle. Honestly, if you had the choice of staying home and raising kids verses going to your job everyday, what would you choose? I like what I do at work but I'm not thrilled about my work environment or some of the people I have to deal with on a daily basis. I would much rather have someone else be subject to the daily grind.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 3:49:41 PM EDT
Yep. My wife left the rat race when our son was born and now she has the hardest job in the world with ZERO pay. But she wouldn't trade it for the world - and neither would I. We we're lucky (actually good at being responsible and planning) for when he was born that she'd make the choice to give up her outside job to stay home to raise him until he's ready for school. Small adjustment to live within one's means and know that your child will be under the best care possible (his mother).
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 3:53:16 PM EDT
i'd cut off my right hand pinky finger for a good woman who wanted to be a stay at home mother
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 3:55:56 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Red_Beard: i'd cut off my right hand pinky finger for a good woman who wanted to be a stay at home mother
View Quote
Ditto............
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 4:04:06 PM EDT
i think id rather enjoy being a stay at home dad.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 4:16:41 PM EDT
I would love to be a stay at home dad; if I could afford it; but I wouldn't send Gloria to work to make it happen. She has been "Mom" as a job since Matt was born 12 years ago; the numbers clearly show we are way ahead. The difference in the kids, something you can't add up like money, is even more important.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 4:18:59 PM EDT
Either way, dad or mom, unless it's financially impossible, I think one should stay home when necessary. Do you want to raise your kids or have someone else raise (influence), them?
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 4:20:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/21/2003 4:23:48 PM EDT by TWHaz]
Originally Posted By Red_Beard: i'd cut off my right hand pinky finger for a good woman who wanted to be a stay at home mother
View Quote
They ALL want to stay at home. YOU have to tell them it is best for the family. You have to make them try it. They say, "I would go crazy at home", BS, once at home full time they find all kinds of things that needed done,that they had niether the time or energy to do while working. And sometimes make a little money at it. (Ebay) I told my wife to try it for 1 year. If we could not make it, then she would go back to work. That was 5 years ago.I kick myself for not making her stay home sooner. We did fine, it is strange how much it cost for her to hold a job. Or how much we save by her being home. And now the house is taken care of, she is happy agreeable and well rested when I ##### oh you know. Life is good and I like it. The children are happy and better for it. And being raised by the Best teacher in the world. A Mother, THEIR Mother. Bless their little hearts.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 4:30:28 PM EDT
"Fox News today Women find it is better to stay at home (where they belong) and raise children and take care of dad and home." just so i am clear as to what is being stated here...is this saying that is it better for all women to stay at home, have kids, take care of house, blah, blah, blah... or that couples who HAVE children find that it is better for the women to stay at home "where they belong"
Top Top