Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2003 8:44:18 AM EDT
I took my kid to see this bomb last night, the 4-6 years olds liked some of it. I dragged on until we exhausted all our popcorn and soda and ground on for nearly 3 and 1/2 hours. People were giving up on the show and calling their friends in cell phones and leaving. Lucky I had some friends to chat with and occupy the time. What a shitty movie. Turns out the HULK is a pussy who just wants to find his feelings and be peaceful, sorta like a greenpeace guy.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 8:47:49 AM EDT
Originally Posted By lonegunman: I took my kid to see this bomb last night, the 4-6 years olds liked some of it. I dragged on until we exhausted all our popcorn and soda and ground on for nearly 3 and 1/2 hours. People were giving up on the show and calling their friends in cell phones and leaving. Lucky I had some friends to chat with and occupy the time. What a shitty movie. Turns out the HULK is a pussy who just wants to find his feelings and be peaceful, sorta like a greenpeace guy.
View Quote
Leave it to holleywood to kill a great comicbook hero when they turn it into a movie.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 8:48:30 AM EDT
The Hulk $ucked??? Not that it was high on my list but it shouldn`t have been that bad. Lets keep or fingers crossed for Terminator 3.....
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 8:51:42 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 8:53:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/21/2003 8:53:59 AM EDT by NYPatriot]
I kind of figured it would suck. Best to save your time & money, and maybe rent the DVD of the best, most intelligent "comic book" movie out there... "[b]Unbreakable[/b]"
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 9:01:56 AM EDT
If you remember the TV series, Banner was trying to find a cure and be mr. good guy. The Hulk, himself, only attacked "bad guys" and watched out for kids etc... On that basis, I guess that the movie would be a carry over of the series. I will probably wait for it to come out on video. Was thinking about seeing it, but since I read this, I will wait.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 9:04:49 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 9:09:52 AM EDT
They "revised" the Hulk creation myth for the show. It just dragged on and on, with actors babbling and nothing productive happening. People whining about having crappy parents and nobody loving them, it was like a F-ed up Dr. Phil with a green guy popping up at the end. I was hoping for something a little more interesting. Maybe the HULK 2,3 or 4 will be better.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 9:15:37 AM EDT
Oh my f'ing god, that movie was boring. I wanted to die. At least my girlfriend liked it. Gonna have to dump her. [}:D]
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 9:22:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/21/2003 9:24:02 AM EDT by NYPatriot]
Gloftoe, agreed! It is M. Knight's best work to date. Unfortunately for many movie goers, "[b]Unbreakable[/b]" never climbed out of the shadow cast by the overwhelming success of "[b]The Sixth Sense[/b]", and as a result, it failed to garner the recognition that it deserves. Might want to rent "[b]The Crow[/b]" as well. Also a kick ass comic book flick!
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 9:51:17 AM EDT
Sucked the money right out of your wallet.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 10:31:55 AM EDT
Originally Posted By 223spree: The Hulk $ucked??? Not that it was high on my list but it shouldn`t have been that bad. Lets keep or fingers crossed for Terminator 3.....
View Quote
Could tell by the preveiews it sucked. The CGI looked like old land of the lost reruns.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 10:59:55 AM EDT
I thought it was pretty good myself, oh well...
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 12:17:13 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 12:32:11 PM EDT
I just got back from the movie and I thought it was pretty good.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 12:35:21 PM EDT
DVD rental instead "Equilibrium" guns,guns,guns and a fight seen like none ever before.....watched it last night it rocked.... You may have to over look the bottomless magazine...but other that that...good movie.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 3:25:22 PM EDT
hulk sucked and what the hell was his dad supposed to be at the end
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 4:03:31 PM EDT
Thats too bad... I was really looking forward to it. Looked like it would be cool. Oh well... I guess I'll catch it on PPV a few weeks after I see X-men 2.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 4:18:06 PM EDT
Wow!! Hulk sucked? I wonder if the NEW Metallica is on the soundtrack?
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 4:32:28 PM EDT
The movie may suck, but Lou Ferrigno was a total fargin baddass when he played it.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 4:35:22 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 10:07:21 PM EDT
Ah hell, the CGI was just fine. Your brain just has a hard time accepting what it's seeing. Shrek is easier to accept because the whole world is stylized CG. CGI is still a young feild but it will come around soon. I really wasn't a fan of the story or the way it was edited but a bunch of hardcore comic collecting friends thought it was pretty good. It was a movie for comic fans and that doesn't make it really make it bad.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 10:13:51 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 10:17:51 PM EDT
What a surprise, most people here didn't like the Hulk. Ang Lee tries to infuse some meaning and subtext into the story (elements that the comics, frankly, usually didn't possess), and predictably people raised in the MTV-culture think it's boring. "oh my god, there was character development and a story = this movie is for fags!" [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 10:20:27 PM EDT
Originally Posted By NYPatriot: I kind of figured it would suck. Best to save your time & money, and maybe rent the DVD of the best, most intelligent "comic book" movie out there... "[b]Unbreakable[/b]"
View Quote
Unbeakable should have been named Unwatchable. Over two hours of the most boring non-action ever filmed. The crushing weight of this film's inertia also caused me to pass out in the theater. Talk about a film that took itself and its premise way, way too seriously...if only the kid had actually shot Bruce Willis with the gun, I could have gone home earlier.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 11:09:17 PM EDT
LOL...If you had seen the movie trailers on TV (for the past month) you would have known beforehand that it was going to suck.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 11:11:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/21/2003 11:12:28 PM EDT by desertmoon]
Even after all these years I still enjoy a good comic... I thought "Unbreakable" captured the heart and soul of the essence of the comic hero and villan perfectly. I just don't get how Shyamalan could make such great films as The Sixth Sense and Unbreakable and then turn around and make such an unblievable piece of crap like Signs. Why did he stop doing good research all of the sudden? From what I have heard of the story and seen of the film "the Hulk" it seems terribly inferior to the "Hulk" TV series which had a VERY cool Sci Fi premise. A doctor, David Banner, who had lost his wife in a tragic accident because he didn't have the strength to save her becomes obsessed with researching people who have had paranormal bouts of strength in times of crisis. This research eventually leads him to discover a link with the timing of those events and periods of more intense cosmic radiation during solar phenomenon....this is where he starts messing with gamma rays...the rest is TV history. It seems like this recent film is no different than some peoples' attempts to cover Eagles songs......ya just can't do it....no matter how well you think you can....YOU CAN'T, and that's that.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 4:38:33 AM EDT
Originally Posted By The_Flashlight: What a surprise, most people here didn't like the Hulk. Ang Lee tries to infuse some meaning and subtext into the story (elements that the comics, frankly, usually didn't possess), and predictably people raised in the MTV-culture think it's boring. "oh my god, there was character development and a story = this movie is for fags!" [rolleyes]
View Quote
you're a fag
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 8:34:16 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Red_Beard:
Originally Posted By The_Flashlight: What a surprise, most people here didn't like the Hulk. Ang Lee tries to infuse some meaning and subtext into the story (elements that the comics, frankly, usually didn't possess), and predictably people raised in the MTV-culture think it's boring. "oh my god, there was character development and a story = this movie is for fags!" [rolleyes]
View Quote
you're a fag
View Quote
Bite me, you fucking piece of shit.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 8:38:09 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 8:39:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/22/2003 3:58:02 PM EDT by raf]
Originally Posted By The_Flashlight:
Originally Posted By Red_Beard:
View Quote
you're a fag
View Quote
Bite me, you fucking piece of shit.
View Quote
just joking around francis however you can take your "it's art so you MTV generation troglodytes wouldn't get it" and shove it up your clinton [red]Locked for multiple personal insults and vio;ations of BCC. I regret that I omitted this note when locking this thread. My bad. RAF[/red]
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 8:56:35 AM EDT
I haven't seen it myself, so I can't comment on if it sucks or not. I'm curious...how many of you that didn't like the movie liked the comic book or for that matter even read comic books? I don't see main stream folks that aren't into comics liking the Hulk movie. One think I can comment on is the TV series from the 70's. It was a joke. The storyline wasn't in line with the comic. Lou Ferrigno doesn't look anything like the Hulk should. Way to man-sized. Plus, all he ever did was push over a car now and then. The real Hulk is so freakin' strong and big that jumping 3 miles and beating the crap out of a tank isn't a big deal. [img]edjones7.home.mchsi.com/line.gif[/img] [url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url] [url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]
Top Top