Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 1:47:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Dog bites are the #2 reason for emergency room visits by children. Requiring over 587,000 ER visits last year.

over 2,700 Mail Carriers were bitten in 2000.

Nationaly, Cocker Spaniels are #2 on the list for most frequent biters, only behind German Shepards. German Shepards are only on the list because lawful bites by police K9's are included in the statistics. Throw out lawfull bites and Cocker Spaniels are number one.

In Palm Beach Counties 1992 dog bite study the Cocker Spaniel was the number one biter.

Ark Valley Humane Society also list the Cocker Spaniel as the breed with the most bites.
View Quote

So;
A: Your self defense skills are no more advanced then children or mail carriers???

B: There are probably more Cocker Spaniels around then any other discernable breed in the U.S. -so your stats and your logic are both flawed.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 1:48:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wont allow any dog to bite me, 38 pounds or 380 pounds doesnt matter, I'm not getting bit.
View Quote

Well I guess it's a good thing that you don't shoot one of our dogs then because you just might spend a lot more time in the ER,if you shoot my dog you would leave me little choice as another member has just said then to return fire ,and I ain't no unarmed cocker spaniel.
View Quote

Ahh, back to your old tactics again.[rolleyes]

In the even the homeowners story is entirely true, it sounds pretty bad. Its ironic how any dog death story is taken as the gospel here, and when the story invovles the 2nd, or some other close to the heart matter, its a "liberal, goddamn media" attitude.

On the other hand, I'll second AR15's sentiment that I will not take a bite, at least from a large dogs. It would probable be diecided upon whether a good swift kick would repel the "beast", or if my boots could actually protect me from the ankle biter. It is a decision that would have to be made in a relativley quick time frame. I wonder what the majority of people would really do, if placed in the same situation.

I suspect the outcome would be similar.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 2:12:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Nationaly, Cocker Spaniels are #2 on the list for most frequent biters, only behind German Shepards. German Shepards are only on the list because lawful bites by police K9's are included in the statistics. Throw out lawfull bites and Cocker Spaniels are number one.

In Palm Beach Counties 1992 dog bite study the Cocker Spaniel was the number one biter.

Ark Valley Humane Society also list the Cocker Spaniel as the breed with the most bites.
View Quote

Do you have sources for this or do you just make it up?

According to the CDC dogs predominately of German Shepherd, Chow Chow, Collie, and Akita breeds were substantially more frequent amoung biting than nonbiting dogs.

Hmm, the CDC doesn't even mention the Cocker Spaniel on the list of most likely to bite dogs.  Yet you claim nationally it's #2.  Just like an LEO to be wrong but then claim they are right.

[url]http://www.cdc.gov/ncipc/duip/dog3.pdf[/url]
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 2:25:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Do you have sources for this or do you just make it up?

According to the CDC dogs predominately of German Shepherd, Chow Chow, Collie, and Akita breeds were substantially more frequent amoung biting than nonbiting dogs.

[red]Hmm, the CDC doesn't even mention the Cocker Spaniel on the list of most likely to bite dogs.  Yet you claim nationally it's #2[/red].  Just like an LEO to be wrong but then claim they are right.

[url]http://www.cdc.gov/ncipc/duip/dog3.pdf[/url]
View Quote

Oh, Oh.... Call Internal Affairs....[:D]

(Is this how so many people are freed after conviction?)
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 2:26:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
They are shooting the dogs out of fear of injury. They dont want to waste 4 hours at the emergency room getting stiches, or go through a series of Rabies shots.

I wont allow any dog to bite me, 38 pounds or 380 pounds doesnt matter, I'm not getting bit.
View Quote

This is grounds for discharging your weapon?

Oh, I want someone with this line of logic as my backup...shoot anything that might cause them a boo boo.  I might suggest a nice office job.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 2:26:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Affirmative action black female cop

White person with dog in her own yard

Cops pull up onto her property

Dog runs toward female cop [red]Who has flashbacks of her slave ancestor fighting off search dogs-a good reason she shouldn't be a cop[/red] who pulls her duty gun and starts shooting

Cops claim dog killing was a good shoot

This is the same Milwaukee PD...took care of "Bambi Bembenek"

I've known several cops off this particular job...friends with a few dated a Capt's Niece
Dont dial 911....if you can possible take care of your own problems

Lucky that "The 700 Club" wasnt dispatched to take care of the problem...
View Quote

See JBT thread :[url]http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=191807&page=2[/url]
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 2:32:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
They are shooting the dogs out of fear of injury. They dont want to waste 4 hours at the emergency room getting stiches, or go through a series of Rabies shots.

View Quote

Oh, I want someone with this line of logic as my backup...shoot anything that might cause them a boo boo.  I might suggest a nice office job.
View Quote

Thank-you Lumpy....
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 2:48:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

[hail2]

Link Posted: 6/21/2003 2:49:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
If I take action and shoot a neighbors dog because I feel threatened, I can be sure that my actions will bring consequences, such as being arrested, charged ..........
View Quote

Not where I live. We recently had a incident where a mans dog was mauled by two pitbulls. the man armed himself and went to the pitbulls home. When he saw the dogs he shot them both. No charges filed even though he had brought about the incident himself by going to the pitbulls home.

The standard for shooting an animal in self defense is much lower than the standard for shooting a person. In my agency shooting an animal isnt even considered "using deadly force" it's "field euthonasia".
View Quote

Unless of course it's a police K9 that gets shot, then it's just like shooting an officer and carries stiff penalties, correct ?
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 2:56:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Even though that sounded sarcastic, Im being 100% serious.

Where do you draw the line?  A fuzzy little ankle nipper is as big of a threat as a Rottweiler?  How big of a threat is a gerbil or a rabbit?

[img]http://www.viarural.com.ar/viarural.com.ar/ganaderia/mascotas/pets/perros/cocker-americano-01.jpg[/img][img]http://www.famapitbull.hpg.com.br/pitbull.jpg[/img]

Come on...
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 3:06:02 PM EDT
[#11]
[ROFL2], [ROFL2], [ROFL2], [ROFL2]

Those photos will be a thread killer. Good one! [snoopy]
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 3:17:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Ahh, back to your old tactics again.[rolleyes].
View Quote

Ok listen ociffer when one of you (cops) comes of as an JBT *&%$#&*^ then I calmly express what my intentions would be if you shoot my dog.
The only problem you are having is believing I would blow someones head off for shooting one of my family ,and yes she is one of our loved ones.
You use deadly force aginst my dog and will I defend her and I will shoot back.
Now if I have a big dog or even a med, size dog and she attacks you and will really injur you I would expect you to defend yourself with enough force to end or break off the attack.

You don't like my answer? Don't fucking shoot my dog and I don't have to shoot anyone,PERIOD!
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 3:36:59 PM EDT
[#13]
As a proud owner of an APBT- that's American Pit Bull Terrier, I had to get in on this thread.
Bad shoot!
+1

[url]http://www.carriagetownkennels.dogbreedersdirectory.com/[/url]

Jason, owner of Goodwin's Rampage(Tyson)
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 3:40:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ahh, back to your old tactics again.[rolleyes].
View Quote

Ok listen ociffer when one of you (cops) comes of as an JBT *&%$#&*^ then I calmly express what my intentions would be if you shoot my dog.
The only problem you are having is believing I would blow someones head off for shooting one of my family ,and yes she is one of our loved ones.
Now if I have a big dog or even a med, size dog and she attacks you and will really injur you I would expect you to defend yourself with enough force to end or break off the attack.

You don't like my answer? Don't fucking shoot my dog and I don't have to shoot anyone,PERIOD!
View Quote

Amen!!!

Even a 14 year old BOY defended his dog, at Ruby Ridge!! Should ANY MAN do less?? [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 3:55:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Dogs are family.  The JBT needs to be held accountable and at the very least never have a badge again.  Prosecution would be fitting.  Hopefully animal cruelty is a felony there.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 4:27:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Where are all the LEO apologists?  Where are the excuses?  At least this LEO was on the right call address.....

[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 4:32:31 PM EDT
[#17]
I guess the officer didn't see the cocker's tail wagging when it ran to the officer.  The tail must have been cut too short![rolleyes]
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 4:48:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Dogs will run towards intruders on their property and bark.  Very few will bite.  This is what dogs are for:  protect the home and family.  

To shoot a cocker-pee-dog under the circumstances outlined in the article would require an idiot/coward of monumental proportions.  To call it a 'good' shoot is to me unfathomable.

To come into my yard and decide my dog might possibly bite you, and then shoot it?  WTF?  

There are obviously a few who 'bash' cops regardless of the circumstances, but most here (not by % of posts) are probably like myself:  we give the cops the benefit of the doubt because we know the media are idiots and also that judging someone under duress is a dangerous task.

AR15fan, what is going through your mind?  Anything, or is it just lockstep?  Have you ever heard of a 'bad' shoot?  When JohninAusin posted about the loony at the boat dock, almost every non-LEO post was along the lines of "too bad he didn't get shot by the cop."  What would it take for you to say that the cop in question should not be allowed on the force, much less given anything more dangerous than a nerf ball?  Really.  I watched this episode of COPS where they 'rescued' a family of coons from some woman's chimney.  Momma coon is much more dangerous than a cocker.  I guess if you were there you would have told the woman to @#$!! off, and then blown the heads off the coons.  For a dog on a non-meth lab type incident, don't you have a club, or mace/pepper, how about a foot?  

It is this 'blue wall' bs that scares honest citizens like myself.  We fear that no matter what illegal @#$!!'ed up orders you/yours are given and follow, you will rationalize it as 'ok.'

I understand the us/them mentality that develops with cops, I understand the three kinds of people (cops, cops' families, scum) that develops.  It does not sound like you do.

I want to see some more cops on this board say that they cannot see why anyone would have shot the dog.  Thanks to any that have so far.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 4:58:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Ngog-

The proper word is 'goosestep'?
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 4:58:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Dog bites are the #2 reason for emergency room visits by children. Requiring over 587,000 ER visits last year.

over 2,700 Mail Carriers were bitten in 2000.

View Quote

Chihuahas bite a lot, too. That doesn't mean they are a serious threat to anyone. If a cocker scares you then you don't have enough balls to be a good cop, with or without the gun.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 4:59:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Dogs will run towards intruders on their property and bark.  Very few will bite.  This is what dogs are for:  protect the home and family.  

To shoot a cocker-pee-dog under the circumstances outlined in the article would require an idiot/coward of monumental proportions.  To call it a 'good' shoot is to me unfathomable.

To come into my yard and decide my dog might possibly bite you, and then shoot it?  WTF?  

There are obviously a few who 'bash' cops regardless of the circumstances, but most here (not by % of posts) are probably like myself:  we give the cops the benefit of the doubt because we know the media are idiots and also that judging someone under duress is a dangerous task.

AR15fan, what is going through your mind?  Anything, or is it just lockstep?  Have you ever heard of a 'bad' shoot?  When JohninAusin posted about the loony at the boat dock, almost every non-LEO post was along the lines of "too bad he didn't get shot by the cop."  What would it take for you to say that the cop in question should not be allowed on the force, much less given anything more dangerous than a nerf ball?  Really.  I watched this episode of COPS where they 'rescued' a family of coons from some woman's chimney.  Momma coon is much more dangerous than a cocker.  I guess if you were there you would have told the woman to @#$!! off, and then blown the heads off the coons.  For a dog on a non-meth lab type incident, don't you have a club, or mace/pepper, how about a foot?  

It is this 'blue wall' bs that scares honest citizens like myself.  We fear that no matter what illegal @#$!!'ed up orders you/yours are given and follow, you will rationalize it as 'ok.'

I understand the us/them mentality that develops with cops, I understand the three kinds of people (cops, cops' families, scum) that develops.  It does not sound like you do.

I want to see some more cops on this board say that they cannot see why anyone would have shot the dog.  Thanks to any that have so far.
View Quote

[hail]

Very well spoken and said......

Anyone? Anyone?  Bueller?
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 5:05:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I guess the officer didn't see the cocker's tail wagging when it ran to the officer.  The tail must have been cut too short![rolleyes]
View Quote

Dogs often wag their tails while biting, they are happy to do it. Police K-9's do, and untrained dog will often wag too. Don't try and put human emotions on dog behavior. The wagging shows the dog is contented, even if it is biting a stranger intruding on it's "family" territory.

I think a few of you should be ashamed of your "affimative action" comments. You have know idea about anything other than a surname.

As far as self defense.............that at a minimum would be a kick which is also a crime. The officer was just getting rid of the witness. Sorry couldn't ressist.

You think that all that commotion, made it easier or harder to deal with the suicidal person?

Even if there is a risk of injury to the officer, you would think they wouldn't want to shoot, and possible startle the suicidal person into doing something permanent.

Dog owners should keep their dogs secure. Of course given this circumstance that might have been a lower priority than usual, understandably.

Dog owners are also the worst people when it comes to understanding their dog's aggressive behavior.  
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 5:06:59 PM EDT
[#23]
I've been a cop for about eighteen years and have absolulutely no desire to get bitten by any dog.  That being said:

[img]http://www.viarural.com.ar/viarural.com.ar/ganaderia/mascotas/pets/perros/cocker-americano-01.jpg[/img][img]http://www.famapitbull.hpg.com.br/pitbull.jpg[/img]

The dog on the right gets a .45 ACP dead between the running lights.  The dog on the left get's smacked on the snout or, at worst, gets introduced to Mr. Pepper Spray.  I mean come on, what is he gonna do?  Nibble my ankles to death?
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 5:10:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Dogs often wag their tails while biting, they are happy to do it. Police K-9's do, and untrained dog will often wag too. Don't try and put human emotions on dog behavior. The wagging shows the dog is contented, even if it is biting a stranger intruding on it's "family" territory.

I think a few of you should be ashamed of your "affimative action" comments. You have know idea about anything other than a surname.

As far as self defense.............that at a minimum would be a kick which is also a crime. The officer was just getting rid of the witness. Sorry couldn't ressist.

You think that all that commotion, made it easier or harder to deal with the suicidal person?

Even if there is a risk of injury to the officer, you would think they wouldn't want to shoot, and possible startle the suicidal person into doing something permanent.

Dog owners should keep their dogs secure. Of course given this circumstance that might have been a lower priority than usual, understandably.

Dog owners are also the worst people when it comes to understanding their dog's aggressive behavior.  
View Quote

Good dodge officer.....
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 5:11:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I've been a cop for about eighteen years and have absolulutely no desire to get bitten by any dog.  That being said:

[url]http://www.viarural.com.ar/viarural.com.ar/ganaderia/mascotas/pets/perros/cocker-americano-01.jpg[/url][url]http://www.famapitbull.hpg.com.br/pitbull.jpg[/url]

The dog on the right gets a .45 ACP dead between the running lights.  The dog on the left get's smacked on the snout or, at worst, gets introduced to Mr. Pepper Spray.  I mean come on, what is he gonna do?  Nibble my ankles to death?
View Quote

If it is anything like my 38-pound cocker, you will get a serious wet spot on your shoes. Real dangerous.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 5:15:53 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm not reading all of this thread, because I'm sick of the arguments about whether dogs should be shot or not.  I'm just interested in how the suicidal person fared.  If it went down anything like a couple suicide calls have in my home town the last couple of years, then the police went ahead and shot the person threatening suicide after they shot the dog.  I think it's well understood you don't call our local police on someone with a gun or knife threatening to kill themselves.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 5:17:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

[url]http://www.viarural.com.ar/viarural.com.ar/ganaderia/mascotas/pets/perros/cocker-americano-01.jpg[/url][url]http://www.famapitbull.hpg.com.br/pitbull.jpg[/url]

View Quote

Interesting that a [size=6]leashed[/size=6], mean looking dog gets capped.  Does your department approve of your ill-advised state of mind in regards to use of deadly force?

If they do, you have provided us with the reinforcement of the problem that keeps presenting itself.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 5:22:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 5:24:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I have not read the thread out of pure boredom and the tedious nature of such things.  I will only add that I had a Cocker Spaniel.  We got rid of it because we could never break it of being mean, viscious and aggressive.  I later found out that the breed is known for these characteristics as well as being descieveingly strong.  Now knowing better I have found that they are one person dogs and are widely known among enthusiasts of the breed as the ideal home defense animal.  Simply put if you are not the one person they are attatched to and you cross their perception of the line they will attack.
View Quote

Nice dodge officer....
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 5:24:52 PM EDT
[#30]
It is more than likely a BS shoot but we were not there were we? If this Officer was a black female as it may appear, my experience has shown me that many blacks, especially B/Fs are very afraid of dogs. I know that is a broad generalization but it is what I have seen. I guess you guys would not get so much joy out of "Black Female Probed For Killing Dog."

If this has been addressed, my apologies. I can only bring myself to scan these threads at best due to the repetitiveness of the arguments/rants/whines.

To go on the record, I am a dog owner and I have had to, sadly, put down numerous dogs in my career.

I will say that I get a warm fuzzy and a smile when I think of some of ya'll (you know who you are!) huddled in your bunkers waiting for the local traffic cop to come get ya... Same ole' shit... [ROFL]
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 5:32:03 PM EDT
[#31]
You know almost EVERY dog will bite.  Even the nicest Lab's.  Dogs bite, that's -- uh -- what they do.

People will bite too, but you can't cap them for simply lunging at you while unarmed, or can you?

If I am standing 10 feet from you and stomp my foot towards you while obviously unarmed...can you shoot me?

Why not?  I can still bite your fucking ear off if I get close enough.  I can take your finger off with one chomp.

Wonder why you can't just use the same tactics you use to restrain an agitated person?  I know there will be some bullshit answer to this, but I've done it and still have all my fingers and toes and have only ever gotten stitches from being cut by glass.  I guess my skills at dealing with dogs, while several years ago @ 12 years old, is far greater than a 20+ year old cop.

Hmm??

I guess you guys might needed thicker jack boots in order to punt the little critters. [rolleyes]

Wonder what British police do?  They don't have guns remember.  They do have dogs though.  Wonder how they deal with the vicious cockers that are there?
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 5:49:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 5:55:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Maybe we need to ban dogs.  Or Cops.  Or cops being around dogs.  Or something.
View Quote

No. People just need to be responsible dog owners. Dont allow your animals to run loose. If you are calling the cops to your house, restrain the dog before they get there.
View Quote

Lets see, suicidal neighbor, restrain dog or keep talking to neighbor. The cop screwed up, as have the three previous I have read about.

COps have all these gadgets on their belts and the first thing they reach for when a dog comes running at them is a gun.

The next rash of cop shottings is going to be turtles. They are fast and attack without notice. A seven pound turtle can kill you before you know it so watch out.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 5:56:43 PM EDT
[#34]
I've said it before and I'll say it again. If a police officer/deputy sheriff cannot make GOOD JUDGEMENT CALLS and has a difficult time using their own god given COMMON SENSE then that individual needs to find a new line of work. Firearms are supposed to provide a last ditch line of defense against serious bodily harm and death. Having a cocker spanial running at you does not qualify as a serious bodily threat. I should know, too, because my sister used to have two of them. When a stranger would come to the house the MOST the spanials would do would be piss all over the carpet and bark constanly for the next 20 or 30 minutes. It seemed like they would never shut up. They just kept on barking and barking and barking. However, that being said, they were never a threat to anybody. They were as annoying as hell but they were never a threat.

The officer who shot this dog should be forced to quit the police force and(probably) have criminal charges brought against her for negligent use of force with a firearm. Plus, the Chief of Police should require that every officer remaining in the department receive mandatory training on how to deal with various types of animals.

I don't think officers should just let themselves get bit and "take one for the team" just for the hell of it (or for any other reason for that matter). However, it isn't to much to ask (and even demand) that LE officers use some damn common sense while on the job. Common sense, good judgement and accountability is all that we ask from our public servants. Besides, if this officer freaks out over a cocker spanial then what in the hell is she gonna do when she gets called to a scene where the shit REALLY HAS hit the fan? I'm thinkin she might need to find a more cozy job that will not put her at such great risk. I gotta be honest here, after reading this story, there's no way in hell that I would want this officer coverin my backside. I wouldn't know who to fear worst. The REAL bad guys or her foolish judgement?
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 5:57:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
No dodge at all.  Just had something to add and was tired of hearing your two brain cells rubbing together again.  Oh, I was bit by a lab serious enough to require plastic surgery.  My crime, I don't know, my friend and I were playing monopoly when the dog just attacked for no apparent reason.  The dog was " sent to the farm".
View Quote

So one dog makes the whole species vicious man- eaters?  Any time a dog flares they should immediately be capped?  Is that the official stance of our boys in blue?

Again, "Mr. Use of Force" trainer how do the Brits deal with feral dogs, or viscious looking domestic dogs there?  They don't have guns on patrol.

I guess they just shit themselves and we should be able to look up an epidemic of British LEO's being bitten by dogs, LEO deaths, workmen's comp, all related to dog attacks.  Funny, haven't heard of this epidemic.

38 pound cocker spaniel....I could punt a 38lb dog 20 feet if I was felling froggy.

You guys are a joke.

AR15.com LEO consensus: "We can't deal with this dog properly! Ah fuck it, we'll just shoot it!"
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 6:13:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 6:25:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
After checking with my collegues in England, [red]they deal with the dog as best they can, Either bludgeon or calling an armed squad.[/red]  They then by general practice and policy, arrest the owner for having a dangerous animal.
View Quote

Interesting, they do something other than shoot the dog on the spot.  How novel an idea.  Maybe you guys should try that some time.

Are you issued a baton?  Do you carry a collapsible baton as well?  Mace?

When presented with a pissed off dog I guess I have enough brain cells to outsmart it, as I've never been required to go to the hospital after subduing the threat -- nor have I ever shot one.

38lb cocker spaniel.....get fucking real.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FWIW, if any of these cops had stabbed or cut these dogs to death I may have a different view since they were obviously under DIRECT attack -- not just shitting themselves over a DOG'S BARK.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[size=6]BOOO!!!!![/size=6]

[uzi]

Looks about right, huh?[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 6:35:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Most cops that visit this board are Ar15 enthusiasts, love the second amendment, won't take your guns away, dislike equal opportunity hires, practice with their assigned weapons, and use reasonable force when required.  The JBT's are busy polishing their boots for another day of violating your rights, and have never even heard of this site.  I wish the anti-cop posts were not here, it just maks the perception that people with thousands of posts have nothing better to do besides complain about JBT's and build their SPR's.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 6:39:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 6:44:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Most cops that visit this board are Ar15 enthusiasts, love the second amendment, won't take your guns away, dislike equal opportunity hires, practice with their assigned weapons, and use reasonable force when required....
View Quote

What is shameful is that the people who cherish this things and likely are as reasonable as you claim would support this shit in any manner.  That is what is shameful.

Someone who makes me look bad via professional association is going to be distanced from me at every turn.

It is very similar to how we handle the folks who come on here wanting to build illegal rifles or do illegal things in regards to firearms.  We distance ourselves quickly from these idiots.  Why don't our boys in blue do the same???
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 6:48:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
If I recall the last dog argument you lost, the officer had tried mace but the dog still continued attacking.  I really don't think I want to close to within no option but bitten range with an attacking dog.  If you do, thats fine, but then unless you are the one on the recieving end, then I guess its just more academic what ifs and never been there myself Mcuziesque BS.
View Quote

You are the only loser in these discussions -- you and the rest of the LE community, since you guys share the badge with these idiots.  They make YOU ALL LOOK BAD!!!

Did the last discussion include a baton to the dog?  Did this one?  Did the one in TN?

No, firearms discharge was the option.....
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 6:50:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Do you really think that an african american female is going to be punished in a large city department? I for one work in the same environment, and do not stick up for less than professional behavior, but realize she will skate on this one.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 7:02:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 7:05:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Well, you have lost me..
View Quote

Didn't take much.

Since your support of these idiots is blind, you don't understand that your association, and seemingly supportive positions, makes you just as idiotic.

Seems like all that education you claim was a waste of money.  You should get a refund.

I think this has been beat around enough...I am now disengaging the idiocy of the "blue wall".

[sleep]
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 7:11:47 PM EDT
[#45]
I haven't read every reply closely but is anyone else suprised she even hit the dog?

Sad for the owner, I know our two girls are like our children.  I would hope that an officer would use alternate means with ours, though ours are VERY intimidating to new people coming.  They have never snapped or bit, but they are large and have a loud bark as they are protecting the property.  But a face full of mace, or a dog biscuit, would be enough to get them to stop.

Just sad.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 7:44:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 7:44:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
If I recall the last dog argument you lost, the officer had tried mace but the dog still continued attacking.  I really don't think I want to close to within no option but bitten range with an attacking dog.  If you do, thats fine, but then unless you are the one on the recieving end, then I guess its just more academic what ifs and never been there myself Mcuziesque BS.
View Quote

You are the only loser in these discussions -- you and the rest of the LE community, since you guys share the badge with these idiots.  They make YOU ALL LOOK BAD!!!

Did the last discussion include a baton to the dog?  Did this one?  Did the one in TN?

No, firearms discharge was the option.....
View Quote

Sorry buddy, I'm not the one thinking a poorly written, one-sided article is gospel.

There are a mulitude of things that could have been present at the time which the writer was not aware of.

For instance, what if, said dog was certainly going to be in the way of the officer approaching the suicidal, who was in the process of cutting the wrist, neck etc? What if, the dog was "attacking", making the officer deal with the dog in a quick decisive manner, before dealing with the suicidal?

Little things like this can make a huge difference, but the simpletons abound, making mountains out of shit they know very little about.

I wasnt there, and will admit the incident sounds bad, but will reserve judgement on whether or not it was a good shoot till I get the whole story.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:

Ahh, back to your old tactics again..
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't like my answer? Don't fucking shoot my dog and I don't have to shoot anyone,PERIOD
View Quote

[smileymakingmastubatorygesture]
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 8:07:26 PM EDT
[#48]
If anybody thinks there is ANY scenario, short of an actual brutal attack, that requires the shooting of a 38lb cocker spaniel -- that person is a pussy. Kick the dog, baton the dog, throw a phonebook at it. The specific situation is that this was a 38lb dog, NOT a 100lb+ pit or rottie or other menacing breed that may come back for more after the first blow.  This was likely a lap dog that had never taken a shot across the brow in anger before.  A well placed collapsible baton swat would likely end the threat.  Quiet and non-lethal.

Those who think discharging a firearm is appropriate should reexamine their fear threshold, then their choice of professions.  Geez!

38lb little itty bitty dog....[lol]
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 8:09:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I have not read the thread out of pure boredom and the tedious nature of such things.  I will only add that I had a Cocker Spaniel.  We got rid of it because we could never break it of being mean, viscious and aggressive.  I later found out that the breed is known for these characteristics as well as being descieveingly strong.  Now knowing better I have found that they are one person dogs and are widely known among enthusiasts of the breed as the ideal home defense animal.  Simply put if you are not the one person they are attatched to and you cross their perception of the line they will attack.
View Quote

And the only way, a fully trained, armed, (I assume club, mace, pistol), police officer, can deal with a 38 pound animal, is to immediately escalate to deadly force...

You guys are winning us more converts than we ever could!! Thanks!!! [snoopy]

All anyone has to do, is read the BOOK, then see y'alls posts, and they know it's ALL true!!
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 8:10:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By AZ-K9

You don't like my answer? Don't fucking shoot my dog and I don't have to shoot anyone,PERIOD
View Quote

[smileymakingmastubatorygesture]
View Quote

You can smiley jerk off all you want. If you shoot my dog, leo or not, I will hunt you down, i will kill you, and I will [b]Proudly[/b] accept the consequences.[pissed]
Never seen a cop do a good thing.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top