Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/20/2003 10:41:30 PM EDT
How do I get rid of it! Pleaseeeeeeeee
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 10:50:35 PM EDT
Symantec has downloadable fixes.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 11:05:51 PM EDT
Thanks Lumpy! I used the delete function in norton and am scanning now, and it appears to be gone.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 11:10:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/20/2003 11:11:50 PM EDT by Dragracer_Art]
The klez is a nasty bitch... Go to [url]www.symantec.com[/url] Download the antivirus to your windows desktop... Re-Start your computer in "safe mode" When windows opens in safe mode, click on the anti-virus desktop icon and run the program... klez virus has programming that defeats Norton's internet security package, preventing you from installing the software. It's a tricky virus, but the anti-virus from Symantec killed it dead for me... I tried to run the anti-virus from "regular" windows, but it couldn't kill all the infected files. That's why I had to do it in safe mode... I had 148 files that were infected...
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 11:16:29 PM EDT
I only had one, and I deleted it, but I am now looking into doing what you did.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 11:20:25 PM EDT
Dragracer_Art, I found a back door into norton.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 11:23:11 PM EDT
Install linux.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 11:26:09 PM EDT
Why do I need another OS?
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 11:35:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/20/2003 11:36:14 PM EDT by ProfGAB101]
I found Klez on a system (customers)last weekend - didn't know what it was. That is a mean one. - I hacked the registry - found the file in \windows\system32 with SHR attrib - name was winknrr.exe After disabling it the hard way I found the def @ [url=http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.klez.h@mm.html]securityresponse.symantec.com[/url] and used the floppy tool to finish fixing the system. After a fresh install of Norton, 46 files were found infected or over written with zeros. (And people wonder why I refuse to use Outlook aka LookOut!)
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 11:44:33 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ProfGAB101: I found Klez on a system (customers)last weekend - didn't know what it was. That is a mean one. - I hacked the registry - found the file in \windows\system32 with SHR attrib - name was winknrr.exe After disabling it the hard way I found the def @ [url=http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.klez.h@mm.html]securityresponse.symantec.com[/url] and used the floppy tool to finish fixing the system. After a fresh install of Norton, 46 files were found infected or over written with zeros. (And people wonder why I refuse to use Outlook aka LookOut!)
View Quote
I don't use lookout, I found it in something my wife down loaded from her msn mail. It looks like I caught it shortly after she down loaded it! Had to use a back door I found in norton to delete it though. I could not open norton by double clicking so I started fishing around and found I could still get into norton by using the fast and safe clean up, in my most frequently used programs list.
Top Top