Posted: 6/20/2003 6:01:44 PM EDT
Airman's Certificate Single Engine Land

Finally!
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 6:06:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats !! [beer]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 6:12:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Congratulations!!Got mine in 1988.Other than my kids that is the thing that I am proudest to have!! Again, congrats!!
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 6:13:09 PM EDT
[#3]
how about flying my ass up to vegas?
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 6:18:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Congrats!!  Commercial/Multi/Instument here.  Keep going with the ratings...it gets better!!

[wow]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 7:16:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 7:29:28 PM EDT
[#6]
[beer] Excellent!!!

Was that you buzzing the neighborhood at 200ft? [:D]

Actually some doofus did a while back in a single engine cessna. He was pulling real tight figure 8's directly over my block EASILY at about 200ft. I could have hit him with a stone - no exaggeration. Treetop level buzzing of a residential neighborhood. [whacko]

Anyways - Congrats on making pilot!

Link Posted: 6/20/2003 7:29:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 7:31:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
[beer] Excellent!!!

Was that you buzzing the neighborhood at 200ft? [:D]

Actually some doofus did a while back in a single engine cessna. He was pulling real tight figure 8's directly over my block EASILY at about 200ft. I could have hit him with a stone - no exaggeration. Treetop level buzzing of a residential neighborhood. [whacko]

Anyways - Congrats on making pilot!

View Quote

[BS] figure 8s at 200ft?

didja get his N#?
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 7:34:04 PM EDT
[#9]
just keep in mind the most dangerous pilots are between 100 - 300 hours!

BE SAFE!
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 7:36:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
[BS] figure 8s at 200ft?

didja get his N#?
View Quote

I called it in to the Chandler airport (closest airport around). Never heard anything more of it.

And yes, he was only about 2X higher than a two-story house.

No [BS]

Link Posted: 6/20/2003 7:50:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Congrats!
About how long did it take you to get it btw?
How many classes, and how many hours (with, and without an instructor)?
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 8:08:33 PM EDT
[#12]

You da' man TopCrest!  [headbang] I got my Private ticket in 1986, now I'm 40 and things aren't as easy as they were when I was younger. Earned my Instrument rating and Commercial Multi this year though. Taking the Commercial Single (add-on) checkride this Tuesday. I can imagine your pride in a great accomplishment, now go take all of your friends and family for a ride.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 8:39:23 PM EDT
[#13]
It's a great start!  Congrats!  [beer]

Keep climbing the ladder.  Get your multi engine, instrument, commercial, airline transport pilot, and CFI ratings for all the above, too!   Of course, that takes money, but a way to make it happen is to get your instrument rating and then your CFI, then your multi engine and upgrade your CFI, then your commercial, upgrade CFI again, and at each level, build time as an instructor pilot. You'll MAKE money to fly instead of PAY money to fly.  

If you do it right,  you may never pay a penny to fly again after about your first hundred hours.

And then,  if you're interested in doing so, pursue your LOA's in various other special category planes like T-38's,  T-6 Texans, etc.
Fly everything you can get your hands on!

CJ

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top