Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/20/2003 5:45:59 PM EDT
O electronic gurus.... I'm in the market for a 30" LCD flat screen television. Whats good or bad? Since I'm blowing about 3k here Id like make an educated purchase. Any advise?
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 7:19:10 PM EDT
Are you dead set on a LCD? Where is the set gonna be? Is it in a place that necessitates a flat screen? If not, you can get a 30 inch direct view HDTV widescreen set for $999. If you want flat, you can get 42-inch plasmas for what you plan to spend on the 30 inch LCD. Frankly, I don't think LCDs are worth the jack.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 7:33:56 PM EDT
I'd say forget the LCD. The cost to quality ratio doesn't seem reasonable. I'd go Plasma or an HDTV Flat Screen. You'll get similar quality w/ out shelling out and extra chunk of change.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 7:40:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/20/2003 7:42:14 PM EDT by luger355]
Originally Posted By RikWriter: Are you dead set on a LCD? Where is the set gonna be? Is it in a place that necessitates a flat screen? If not, you can get a 30 inch direct view HDTV widescreen set for $999. If you want flat, you can get 42-inch plasmas for what you plan to spend on the 30 inch LCD. Frankly, I don't think LCDs are worth the jack.
View Quote
well space is sort of at a premium, My idea is to put it into the bedroom (im lazy)for now and eventualy stash it in a bigger area later when i move outta the low rent district.[;)] On the plasma, somthing in the 40"+ area is just too big for my application. Idealy i wanted a 25" but no such critter exists.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 4:52:45 AM EDT
Hell, I'd like a small one, like 10-13 inch. can't find what I want...
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 5:15:36 AM EDT
Originally Posted By luger355: well space is sort of at a premium, My idea is to put it into the bedroom (im lazy)for now and eventualy stash it in a bigger area later when i move outta the low rent district.[;)] On the plasma, somthing in the 40"+ area is just too big for my application. Idealy i wanted a 25" but no such critter exists.
View Quote
You'd be surprised. If you mount it on the wall, a 42 inch plasma set really doesn't take up that much room. If it were me, I would definitely go with a 42 inch plasma for three grand instead of a 30 inch LCD. For that kind of money, I would make it work.
Top Top