Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/20/2003 7:12:42 AM EDT
I did a group buy on some pitchers of beer last night for some of our Naval personel at a local biker watering hole by Oceana Naval Station. 5 guys looked like E1 to E3 having a good time playing pool and they started counting change for the next pitcher. I picked up a couple of pichters of bud and walked them over to the table and sat them down. " You guy drink , bud ? " YUP. Why us they asked ? My way of thanking you for your doing your job. Enjoy. I turned and left. 2 min's later one comes over and says " That was the best thing anybodys done for us since we have been here. Why did you do it." No reason just a thank you for your service. He then wanted me to join them at their table. I couldnt I was with people already. I invited him to sit with us. He did, turns out to be a good kid 22 years old head on straight. He is a EM with 2 years in and looking to do his 20 A couple of pitchers of beer = $ 12.00 The look on their faces = priceless
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 7:14:31 AM EDT
outstanding. perhaps i'll see some service personnel out this weekend and can do the same.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 7:16:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/20/2003 7:17:05 AM EDT by reconBYfire]
priceless = truism edit: good thing done
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 7:51:09 AM EDT
I have got to remember that next time I see some kids (serving) in the same situation.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 8:03:03 AM EDT
Way to go baddog!! I was refused service, several times, "back in the day", when I was in Uniform...
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 8:13:10 AM EDT
Nice gesture, [b]u-baddog[/b]! I hope to have the opportunity to do the same one day.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 8:22:30 AM EDT
[b]u-gooddog[/b]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 9:37:45 AM EDT
Originally Posted By osprey21: [b]u-gooddog[/b]
View Quote
Thanks, TOO funny Now I have to make a decision about what to do with the gum that fell out of my mouth while laughing. It was my last peice. It fell on to a pretty new carpet. Should I throw it away or back in my mouth ? Hell, its got lint on it. dammmmmm
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 9:47:44 AM EDT
Don't think of it as lint...consider it a proactive flossing additive. Chew it up.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 11:00:57 AM EDT
[:D]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 11:08:31 AM EDT
Now I have to make a decision about what to do with the gum that fell out of my mouth while laughing. It was my last peice. It fell on to a pretty new carpet. Should I throw it away or back in my mouth ? Hell, its got lint on it. dammmmmm
View Quote
Five second rule...
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 11:12:37 AM EDT
Well, this migh be too obvious, but.... [beer] Well done (even tho I'm not a drinkin' man)
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 11:13:47 AM EDT
Originally Posted By liberty86: I was refused service, several times, "back in the day", when I was in Uniform...
View Quote
You were black back then???? [}:D]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 11:16:20 AM EDT
u-baddog; Thanks for that and wanted to take the time to publically thank one who did the same for me. When I was PCSing to my last duty assignment, I took the option to drive cross country, as I figured it would be the only time I could do it. One late night, just south of SLC, UT; I was filling my tank when 5 bikers rolled up and started filling their tanks. One of the more "clean" (lol) bikers commented I was a long way from home when he noticed my Maine tags on my car. I commented that Maine is no longer home and I am moving to Hawaii. He said that was pretty cool and asked why I was moving. I told him that I was in the military and was getting stationed there. "Holy dog shit! I was stationed there, too." Come to find out that he was a retired LTC riding cross country with his biker buddies. He invited me into the diner for breakfast and coffee and I ate until I could eat no more. He and his buddies had some great stories and were offended when I broke open my wallet to pay for my portion of the meal and coffee. It really meant a lot to me. Thanks. -934
Top Top