Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/20/2003 5:05:25 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 5:10:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
As I am on my way to drop my boys off at daycare on my way to work this morning, I almost get rear ended. As I come up to this intersection, I am going to turn right. The light is yellow as I approach, and red by the time I get to it. There is a car, traveling in the opposite direction from me, that has pulled into the intersection to turn the same way as I am. Lights have changed and he is now out there. Even If I had a green light, I couldnt go as I would have hit him. So as I stop, for the red light, to let him go, and to look left to see if its clear for me to go, I hear this God awful screaching of tires. I look in the rear view just in time to see a new red Mustang going nose down and looks like it is about to come right through the back of my Jeep.
Luckily it stops, without hitting me. Couldnt have been a inch between the front of the mustang and my back bumper.
Traffic is clear, so I go ahead an turn right. I look in the rear view mirror as I am going, and see the Mustang floor it and take off, turning the same direction behind me. It comes up fast in the lane next to me to go by. Interested in what kind of stupid @ss f*ckhole is driving such a nice red mustang, I look hard out my window as it goes by.
Low and behold, a fairly attravice young blonde, approx 18-22, is driving. As she goes by and makes eye contact with me, she is giving me the finger and cussing me for everything she is worth. WTF??? She almost hits ME, and is driving like an idiot, and is going off on ME?? She rides next to me for a minute steadily going off. I finally have enough and give her a good stern look and tell her to get bent, in a not so polite way. She then gives another finger and speeds off. I watch as she pretty much runs the next red light.

How is it that SHE almost hits me, and yet goes off as if its somehow MY fault??? What in Gods name was she thinking?? Young girl by herself going off on a total stranger? What if I had been some freak, and followed her, ran her down, tried to do her harm, whatever. Do people just not THINK anymore??
Anyone want to explain this to me??
View Quote

I live in South Florida and am amazed every day at the stupid behavior of people with absolutely no regard for their own personal safety.  I had this guy in a new VW bug the other day cut me off, slow way down, and when I honked, he held up the finger for me to see for a good 200 yards.  When I pulled up next to him, it's this surf-bum with a kid in the car.  As soon as he looked up at me he pulled forward so he didn't have to look at me.  All I could think was if I had been some psycho and pulled up next to him and started shooting, that kid could have been killed thanks to his stupidity.
I did say "nice car fag" as I drove away.  Let him explain to his kid what a fag is and why that mean tattooed man in the big truck called him one.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 5:11:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Just be thankful you havent been hit by one.

Last semester, I was hit (on foot) by a girl in a mustang.  Just walking to class, I remember looking both ways, walking into the crosswalk, hearing a noise, and turning just in time to see a red mustang fly down the hill.  Cant remember what happend after that.  I woke up in the health faclilty with many scrapes, large bump on the head, and massive bruises that showed up later.  yeeee F*ing ha.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 5:14:25 AM EDT
[#3]
You should have followed her ass and when she got to where she was going, got out and explained what her actions could have caused if you were a psycho-freakazoid!  Maybe she would think a little more the next time.  Damn bitch!
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 5:16:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 5:19:25 AM EDT
[#5]
You should see all the terrible drivers around the Washington DC Metro area.  I see a rear ending type accident at least twice a week.  The fact that the Mustang driver acted that way is amazing to me given all the road rage reports in the media.  Like you said, how was she to know that you wouldn't have escalated that idiot response of hers into something much more serious.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 5:32:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 5:32:47 AM EDT
[#7]
This is the thing that really annoys me: that the stupid driving behavior of others is somehow [i]my[/i] fault. I guess it's because my defensive driving style is not particularly accomodating to their, well, random driving style. I will rarely maneuver my truck to avoid oncoming idots crossing the center, swinging too wide in a corner or clipping the corner, or other exhibitions of poor vehicle control. I let them bebop along, in whatever dreamy-dream state they're in and then come to the sudden realization that they're going head-to-head with a 5,000 lb truck that's not going to get out of the way.

Near my old house is a Post Office on the soutwest corner of two cross streets. It has a drive-through mailbox drop location that runs parallel to the east-west cross street. However, the drive-thru is only a few feet south of the east-west street, so there is a "No Left Turn" sign at the drive-thru exit onto the north-south street. When I lived at the old house, I would drive through this particular intersection at least 4 times per day. I could be guaranteed to see someone turn left out of the drive-thru on at least 3 out of 4 occasions. A couple of times I would comment to the violators that there's no left turn there, only to receive either "Fuck you" or "So?" or "What do you care?" as a reply. Nice.

Don't even get me started on the human wastes that would park in the fire lane at my kids' school. No less than 4 "No Parking. Fire Lane" signs in a space of 20 feet, plus the yellow-painted curb, plus the fact that the particular location is on a sidewalk. Every day at lest one goober would park there. When confronted and questioned whether their convenience was more inportant than my children's safety, they would normally just cock their pointy little heads sideways, kind of the way a dog does when it hears a funny noise.

Morons.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 5:34:05 AM EDT
[#8]
She probably ran the next light cause she figured after she flipped you off she was afraid to stop for the lite and have you catch up with her.

I drive for a living and see all kinds of idiot drivers making stupid moves.  The sad thing about it, most of them think they are in the right or don't even realize what they are doing.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 5:39:48 AM EDT
[#9]
In Brentwood (LA), where the wife lived, no one stops for STOP signs.  Maybe almost every block has one, due to the city's FU, but now it's pissed everyone off.  I couldn't walk across a street without fear of getting hit.  Right of way, on a non STOP street, I still drove with caution.

Then how about the horrors of road biking, lots of hits by stupid drivers, and deaths.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 5:47:20 AM EDT
[#10]
I had a similar senario a couple of weeks ago when on my way to work two [s]dykes[/s] LADIES cut me off causing me and the car behind me to lock the brakes. [:(!] And then had the audacity to raise hell because I expressed my dismay. For next 3 traffic lights they flipped me off and cussed me out.  [>:/] They finally turned into the Wal-Mart parking lot as I drove by and went down to the next light,turned around and drove back to the Wal-Mart. As I pulled into the lot I saw them from a distance walking away from their car.  [}:D]

I love a stout knife with a good chisel point to it.  [}:D]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 6:00:35 AM EDT
[#11]
I wanna know this... Why do people always try to haul ass, jump in front of you, then slam on their brakes, just to try to make that turn... when the could just slow down and get behind you and make the turn safely??

Happened to me this morning... I'm in the left lane, coming up on the left turn into work.  This lady in a beige F150 is directly to my right, a little behind.  We're maybe 200 yards from the light, which is red, doing about 50mph.  First she does fall back a couple feet, then she starts pulling ahead, so I give it a little gassage.  We're getting closer, and she's still getting ahead of me, but not enough to pull in front.  She squeals her brakes and gets behind me.  We stop at the light and she's flipping the bird and shit.  There was NOONE behind me before she got behind me.

WHY didn't she just fucking slow down and get behind me??   UGH..
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 6:10:44 AM EDT
[#12]
The drivers here in northern IL suck as well.   If my wife and I go anywhere nowdays, we take my full size truck and leave her saturn in the driveway.    Everytime I have driven her saturn, it never fails that I end up with a Suburban,tahoe, expedition, excursion, firmly implanted in my ass.  As I tend to drive 5-7mph over the limit, there is no excuse for that crap.   Yet when I drive the truck...I can stay within 2-5 mph over and only get the occasional car tailgating.  

We get ALOT of cut thru traffic thru my community, and unfortunately they cannot manage to adhere to a 25MPH posted limit in the entrie subdivision.   As we have no sidewalks, there is always pedestrian traffic on the side of the roads here.    People tend to rip thru at anywhere from 35 - 50 down our streets, local sherriff's deputies are not out enough to make a real dent in it.   I have seen three kids on bikes get schmucked on one corner in the eight years I have lived here.   I want some of the RPG's they are collecting in Iraq....[;D]  

Now given my irritation level for speeders in residential neighborhoods, I stick to the exact limit in residential areas.  (the whole treat others the way you wish to be treated)    This has had people attempt to try and pull their car into the bed of my truck.   I had some lady who looked to be in her 50's tailgating me in her decked out lincoln.   Out side of the residential area I was doing 5 over and she was on my bumper, and when I turned into the neighborhood I thought I would have to get out and put the gate down so she could climb in.   When I got up to my house with her still tailgating, I stopped and stopped hard.  I watched her bang her head on the steering wheel and then look down as if she had a bunch of stuff slide off the seats onto the floor....oops   forgot to buckle up honey?    I pulled into my driveway and exited my truck as she pulled by not making eye contact and rubbing her forehead.   I hope she at least buckles up from now on if she's gonna tailgate. :)
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 6:14:36 AM EDT
[#13]
The other day I was parking in town in a parallel parking space, and walking down toward the corner of the block when this woman parks right on the corner in a clearly painted yellow zone. I told her, you really shouldnt park there, its a no parking zone. She says "yeah, no parking, that means no one is parking there, its ok for me to park there then". WHATEVER!! People that dumb deserve 2 tickets.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 6:16:58 AM EDT
[#14]
How is it that SHE almost hits me, and yet goes off as if its somehow MY fault??? What in Gods name was she thinking?? Young girl by herself going off on a total stranger? What if I had been some freak, and followed her, ran her down, tried to do her harm, whatever. Do people just not THINK anymore??
Anyone want to explain this to me??
View Quote

I truly believe this is a symptom of a message that is being taught to young people by our corrupt society.

That lesson is:  "You are not responsible."  

It's never your fault.  Someone else is always responsible.  The world "owes" you everything.  Never admit that you are wrong.  Etc, etc, etc.

How often nowadays do you have a situation where someone says, "You're right.  I'm wrong.  I apologize."

It's a sad situation.  Personal responsibility is becoming a thing of the past.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 6:19:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 6:21:03 AM EDT
[#16]
i did get rear ended about two months ago.........completely dead stopped (and had been for quite some time) waiting on a SCHOOL BUS complete with red lights flashing.  see a little car in my rear view mirror and brace myself cause there wasnt any way it was stopping.

sure enough, wham...........a dead geo metro compliments of the rear bumper of my crew cab 4x4 HD 3/4 ton.

the moral of the story?  there is none, but to put the icing on the cake the bitch had no insurance either.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 6:25:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The other day I was parking in town in a parallel parking space, and walking down toward the corner of the block when this woman parks right on the corner in a clearly painted yellow zone. I told her, you really shouldnt park there, its a no parking zone. She says "yeah, no parking, that means no one is parking there, its ok for me to park there then". WHATEVER!! People that dumb deserve 2 tickets.
View Quote

Just when I think People cant get any dumber...this idiot lowers the bar.

"No Parking = Noone parking there right now = reserved space for me"

[slap][stick]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 6:26:38 AM EDT
[#18]
My favorite bumber sticker:

"Caution!  I drive like YOU do!"
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 6:30:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Well, Hawkeye, they stand up pretty well. [img]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-6/141064/x1.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 6:31:19 AM EDT
[#20]
It appears to be a power thing.  People just want to conquer everyone else that they can by using their car.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 6:34:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 6:34:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Hawkeye, I think I know what it is with what happened to you...

People don't think they have to STOP at a red, even if they're going to make a right turn.  Also, people think they don't have to completely stop at a STOP sign.  I've nearly been tapped, so many times I can't count, when I fully STOP at a STOP sign, or when I STOP at a red light before I make a right turn.

One time I pulled up to a red, and was going to make a right turn.  Some idiot contractor was behind me in his decked out pickup with all the toolboxes and shit on it, and had to squeal his brakes because I actually STOPPED.  The light was RED.  He even had the audacity to HONK at me.  So I sat there until the light turned green.   Idiot.  
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 6:35:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Copied from PreBan:

While driving to the office this morning on the Interstate, I looked over to my left and there was a woman in a brand new Cadillac doing 65 mph with her
face up next to her rear view mirror putting on her eyeliner.

I looked away for a couple seconds and when I looked back she was halfway over in my lane, still working on that makeup.

As a man, I don't scare easily. But she scared me so much; I dropped my electric shaver, which knocked the donut out of my other hand.

In all the confusion of trying to straighten out the car using my knees against the steering wheel, it knocked my cell phone away from my ear which fell into the coffee between my legs, splashed, and burned Big Jim and the Twins, ruined the damn phone, soaked my trousers, and disconnected an important call.

Damn women drivers ! !

TT [rofl2]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 6:35:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 6:39:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 7:40:21 AM EDT
[#26]
On the Interstate yesterday I had a lexus trying to crawl up my ass.  I was in the left lane going about 80-85.

So I pulled into the right lane to let him pass (there were cars directly in front of me).  So this asshole pulls into the right lane also.

Back in the day, I would have brake-checked him.  Now I'm more scared of car wrecks.  So I just took my foot off the gas and let my car gradually decellerate.  This moron stayed on my ass until my car had slowed down to 45 on the Interstate (remember, he was tailgating me @ 85 just a minute before).  Then he finally got pissed and went around me.  So I sped back up and left him way back there.

Just taking my foot off the accelerator, I force people to go around me and stop tailgating.  It's much less stressful for me this way.

-Nick Viejo.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 8:03:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Hawk -

Remove your third brake light (the one they obviously aren't seeing anyway) and replace it with a rear facing Quad 50.

That'll get their attention.

[:D]

There's a pic of one somewhere around here.

Link Posted: 6/20/2003 8:38:29 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 9:16:08 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
... she is giving me the finger and cussing me for everything she is worth. WTF??? She almost hits ME, and is driving like an idiot, and is going off on ME??
How is it that SHE almost hits me, and yet goes off as if its somehow MY fault??? ...
View Quote

Exactly.  Just the other day, pulling out of a space at the grocery store.  It's rainy, I back out and sit waiting for the little old ladies to move out of the way.  

Two spaces up a little Honda backs out, FAST, coming at me.  I tap the horn just to make sure they know I'm behind them.  As he's turning the corner the little prick is givin' ME the finger.  The person HIS dumbass almost hit.

Followed him, he pulls into a space, is getting out of his car as I go by.  Oh, how I thoroughly enjoyed looking him directly in his eyes and returning the gesture.

Stupid little prick.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 9:22:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I love a stout knife with a good chisel point to it.  [}:D]
View Quote

Why? [:D]

The drivers here in Boulder suck also, bunch of stupid stoners in their mommys and daddys cars that think they have a right to drive wherever and however they want. U-turns in the middle of major streets, why not? The wrong way down a narrow one way? Why not? 55 down a 20 that is covered by people, why not? Stupid pieces of sht.

Got ran into by some stupid kid just a while ago. Slowly pulling out of a parallel park job on a one way street and all is clear. Well the cars are too tight to pull out in one turn so I back in a little and start back out. This kid in his parents Mercedes decides he doesn't want to wait while I adjust to get out. Never mind the street is only about 8 feet wide when you take out the cars on either side. As I back up to readjust again (already in the street about 4 feet) out he decides to slide by me. Well he makes it part way but then he catches my bumper, tears up the whole side of his Mercedes. I would have been pissed but my Bronco barely had a scratch on the bumper. Kid knew it was his fault and didn't want the cops coming so I let him go but that pissed me off.

Stupid kids.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 9:37:20 AM EDT
[#31]
So now, after reading all these, and watching those Wildest Police Chase shows, imagine being on a motorcycle.  Some days people will just scare the living hell out of you.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 9:37:36 AM EDT
[#32]
hawkeye, the same thing happened to me last fall.

some girl in a red mustunk is on my rear bumper for 4-5 miles as we headed out of town on a state route.

a car ahead of me puts on it's left turn signal and slows to a stop. so do i.

missy mustunk has to lay on the whoa pedal...HARD, and locks them up to avoid slamming in to me.

after the car in front of me turns off the highway, missy floors her mustunk and passes me...flipping me off and mouthing what i'm certain were bad words regarding my lineage.

as the man said, life is hard. harder, if you are stupid.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 11:19:49 AM EDT
[#33]
I drive a semi for a huge "express" corporation.  I drive the night shuttle from Virginia Beach to Richmond, and sometimes will drive as much as 500+miles a night.  There is no end to the stupidity of people.  EVERY night I will see 10% of the cars with faulty equipment:  People running 65MPH on a donut spare, no tail lights, no lights at all, etc.  Turn signals must be optional nowdays as I rarely see them being used.  Funny thing is as they pass, it's easy to see down into their car and majority of these folks will also have one or two idot lights glowing on there dash.  I was behind one guy who was obviously lost, one headlight out, and I could see the low-oil light on.  It went out as he braked for a turn and came back on when he accelerated after he figured out it was the wrong place and continued straight.  Fact is it's usually part of the package.

Why?  Because it's too damn easy to get a driver's license in this country.  I see people going 70MPH down the interstae with their domelight on, reading the newspaper, in heavy traffic.  The list just goes on.

I managed to figure out some passive protection in my car.  I have an ex-cop Caprice that still has a spot light.  I also have a CB antenna on it.  Most people, even stupid ones, will notice the car and drive safer around me. It's a great car, and it was cheap.  I don't pretend to be a cop, I just drive around like normal, but it's amazing how many people will spot a cop car and pay more attention to their driving.

Ross
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 11:34:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 11:34:40 AM EDT
[#35]
nothing like driving a rig to make you aware of how many assholes are out on the road

if people would give 1/100th of a thought about the other cars on the road everything would go great.  if somebody wants to go faster than you, let em pass.  if you can make it easier on somebody doing something by backing off a bit or giving them more room, do it.  be friendly, wave if somebody is actually courteous to you.  etc...., etc......, etc........
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 1:30:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Our society is changing, today everyone thinks "it's all about me." We're all sometimes guilty of that, despite our respective ages.
Combine that with adolescence in general,  and the "hey I've got these great new t*ts and now I can do what I want" attitude and it brings the driving experience to a whole new level.
I live in a reasonably large metropolitan area, and driving anywhere is defnitely not for the meek. Something interesting always happens whenever I leave the driveway.

The only thing that we can say is "...You be careful out there."
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 1:52:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Hell, today I ran to the post office to get another M.O. and send it on its way (more goodies for me!) and on my way out I'm nearly hit by an asshat in one of those frikkin mercedes suvs.....first he almost hits some poor old guy in a little MG something-or-other as asshat turns onto the one way street, going the wrong way.....then mr asshat decides that after almost hitting one car, he should go for two and almost hits me.  I just flat out stopped, blocking the road and made him back up almost a block.

The whole time mr asshat was screaming all sorts of things out the window at me and attracting the attention of several passerbys, including one of the local county deputies, who was walking out of the post office.  Mr. Asshat's day got a lot worse after that, and I just drove off with a huge grin on my face.  [:D]

I've been lucky though, that was the first real asshole i've come across in the last three months or so.  Unless you count the two highschool punks who decided to drag at a stoplight with a city cop in a marked car right behind 'em.  That was hilarious.

Stupid people can be amusing when they're not scaring the crap outta you.

-FOTBR
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 2:15:15 PM EDT
[#38]
The whole "give the finger when your wrong" is a pre-emptive thing.  I guess they want to get the jump on you before you give them the finger.

It pisses me off most when someone pulls out in front of you and then goes 10 under.  If they pull out and gun it, so i don't have to slow down thats fine.  

Speaking of dumb drivers, at my High School, some stupid girl tried to turn into the parking lot, cut way too hard, and popped over the curb hitting the stop sign and high-centering her car.  

That's funny as hell BlackRifleFan.

-DEERSNIPER
[SNIPER]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 2:35:01 PM EDT
[#39]
That reminds me of a sorta similar situation that's one of my biggest annoyances. It's happened to me several times. I'm sitting at a stop sign on a minor street waiting to turn onto a street which is busier but only one lane each way. Buildings on the corner make it hard to see - it feels like my car is sitting out in the street just to get a decent look at whether any cars are coming. So, while waiting for an opening, some guy behind me starts honking, apparently annoyed at how long it's taking. This really pisses me off because you obviously can't see the road or the traffic that's coming from where he's sitting. He has no idea whether any cars are coming, and he's honking at me for not going. Idiots.

Another strange one. I'm stopped in a left-turn lane at a major intersection, with a red light. Some chick in a Honda has already come to a complete stop behind me. Next thing I know, she rear-ends me. I have no idea how she managed to rear-end another car after already coming to a complete stop at a red light. Luckily, there was no damage to my car, so I just drove away.

Yet another one, in the student parking lot  back in high-school. I'm sitting in a parked car with 2 friends waiting for traffic to die down a little (the parking lot was designed by idiots, but that's another post). Some girl hits my parked car, then hits another parked car and drives off. We got the plate number and she paid for the damage to both cars. I swear, it takes talent to drive that bad.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 3:39:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 4:21:40 PM EDT
[#41]
All of these posts pretty much sum up my morning commute.  In all honesty, if I'm on the freeway and traffic is light, I'm doing 80 - 90MPH.  I have a car that is more than capable of that speed, brakes that grab with authority, and enough courtesy, common sense, and driving experience to handle it.

However, if there's traffic, I slow down.  If there's a semi, and I need to get in his lane, I either (a) slow down, and get WAY behind him, or (b) speed the hell up and get WAY WAY in front of him.  Just today I watched in amazement as this new nissan pickup truck cuts off a semi with about 10 feet to spare between the two.  At 70 MPH.  Amazing.  Only the truely stupid can be truely fearless.

Women are the worst.  Period.  Most of them don't pay attention, are impatient, clueless (not necessairly because they're dumb, but because they don't care) and they have no courtesy.  If you're on the road, you're in their fucking way.

That being said, there are some real dumb fucking guys out there too.  Sometimes I wonder who the hell raised them.  Or if they have some sort of estrogen imbalance.

In summation, I propose that annual vehicle inspections get rid of the touchy feely environmental crap and start testing things like HP/torque and braking ability.  No vehicles making less than 150HP or with a stopping distance of more than 120ft @ 60MPH are allowed on the freeway.  For a drivers licence, you need to show proficiency in defensive driving, emergency situations, and situational awareness.  They should also cost a bit more to weed out the rabble.  Driving is a privilege, but people treat it like a right.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 4:38:26 PM EDT
[#42]
stopping distance requirements?  shit, there goes everything i drive.

and i cut off people every so often.  why?  because they're playing "lets drive side by side so nobody can pass"  and damn do i HATE that game...........  and most times they're a solid 10-15mph under the speed limit, and its not that i want to drive fast at all, its just that i DO NOT want to drive slow..........

however, if you simply cut to the lane of who you're passing, at a speed CLEARLY faster than theirs with no possibility of them matching your speed, then you know you will only gain distance and in certain situations is not dangerous

and then theres the assholes that you pass, that then speed up and get next to you, so you speed down and there they still are...........for those i just nail my truck, hit the governor for a mile or so then let off, that way they really really have to try to get next to me again

then theres the left hand drivers..........if theres two cars on the road, just you and them, doesnt matter how many lanes, there they are in the left hand, WHY??????  they need to move overseas

how about the drunks...........i must see at LEAST one a week because i do alot of my driving late at night.  most times i stay directly behind them, match their speed and just watch, its amusing.  one the other day, so help me was swerving in and out of all 3 lanes randomly, my presence didnt bother him a bit.

the tailgater.........tailgating i do my fair share of as well, when its obvious someone is not planning on moving over, i cant get by any other way, and ive given them ample opportunity to be courteous.  its the fuckers that tailgate for no apparent reason that piss me off, you can be the only two on the road, but for some reason this asshole wants to stare at your bumper...................whatever, mine has already totaled a geo metro, bring it on

i could go on forever.............i only wish driving couldnt be more like the racing at my home track.  when i was racing, the closest way i can describe it to people that have never done it is that its like rush hour traffic, all trying to beat each other to the same place, only you're allowed to hit the other drivers...............
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 4:49:10 PM EDT
[#43]
What kind of truck you have, Redneck
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 5:29:36 PM EDT
[#44]
This happened about 20 years ago:
I was heading home from work.  I stop for a red light and I hear a squeal of brakes stopping a car right behind me.  My first thought was, “No biggy.  Traffic was appropriate to the squeal”.  A couple of blocks later and very next light was also red.  More brakes squealing.  Uh, uh.  With such a short distance he has to slam on his brakes?  Again?  We start up and I move from the right lane to the left lane as fast as I could.  And when I had to stop for another Red Light, he got right behind me.  I must have insulted him some how.  Just how, I don’t know; I never lowered my window.  But he still put his car right behind mine.  He Tailgated me something fierce.  I’m talking about a 3 to 6 foot gap here.  My thoughts then were, “Oh, he wants to play ‘Tag’, huh?  Okay.  I know Just what to do to win the game.”  I ease back to the right lane.... And just at the correct moment I make a Hard right, braking turn at a Specific intersection.  He pulled over to the curb, brakes squealing again, in an almost panic-stop.  I kept going.  Now if had backed up and continue to chase me I was ready to stop at a nearby Police Station.  I was going to stop, get out, hold the door open, and invite Loser to join me inside, explaining why he drove like the moron he was.
Never did see Numbnuts again.

But I did see one of his relatives later on.
There are roads where the center lane is for people wishing to make Left turns when traffic allows them to do so.
Twice I saw this same car use the center lane to go around Rush Hour traffic.  No left turn.  Second time around I got Maniac’s (my name for him) license’s plate number.  Gave it to the Police the first time I had the chance.  Gave date, time, where, when, etc.  When cars are going 60, this Nut could kill somebody very easily.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 7:30:28 PM EDT
[#45]
What kind of truck you have, Redneck
View Quote

2001 chevrolet 8.1L crew cab short bed 4x4 2500HD silver(which i hate, would have liked to have gotten black again)

havent drove a rig in a good while now, just a chevy c70 and a KW T300 on occasion.......
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 11:24:39 PM EDT
[#46]
At the place I used to work, they forgot to give the delivery guy something and made me take the crap. So anyway I am aready pissed off and I start to drive out of the parking lot  when this mid-life crisis dickhead and his 8 year old kid in a brand new convertible trans am cut me off. I slam on the brakes and the crap I was supposed to deliver goes flying off the seat and all over the floor. I yell "SHIT!". I start driving out of the lot and in my rear view mirror I see mr. mid-life crisis had turned around and was coming towards me. He was flying over the speed bumps so fast that I could see his kid jumping about a foot out of his seat. I thought to myself that the guy must have forgot something and was rushing home. That was until I get to the left turn lane. I see him burn out of the lot, cut off more people and he gets behind me and starts screaming profanities. I am all WTF? Then he bumps my car (not enough to cause any damage) and screams more profanities. I had no time to deal with this idiot as I was really pressed for time so I just drove off when the light turned green.

The next day I am at work and guess who I see drive into the lot again? Mr. mid life crisis. By this time I had told everyone at the place what transpired the day before and there is an audience gathered at all of the windows as I go to confront the guy. Knowing if one exerts a position of authority and immediately takes control of a situtation, 9 times out of 10 civilians will back down. So before he got out of the car I walked right up to the driver side window out of the arc of the door, in case he wanted to slam it into me.

"Excuse me sir, but what in the hell were you trying to do with that stunt you pulled yesterday? Do you realize that you not only placed your son in danger but all of the people around with your reckless driving?" I told him.

"All of that is blase' to me. [and some other unintelligble crap]" He replied.

"LET ME SPELL IT OUT FOR YOU THEN. YOU COMMITTED AND ASSAULT WITH A DEADLY WEAPON BY INTENTIONALLY HITTING ME WITH YOUR CAR. BE ADVISED, YOU PULL ANOTHER STUNT LIKE THAT EVER AGAIN WITH ME OR ANYONE ELSE HERE AND YOU WILL BE ARRESTED." I said as I walked away.

He sat there silent for a few seconds then replied with something to the effect of "Hey, I pay my taxes, blah, blah, blah..."

When I got back to work, everyone just standing there in after seeing what had just transpired.

One guy said "Dude, I can't believe you did that. I've seen that guy before. He is like 6' 3 and works out at the gym over there."

After that I never saw mr mid life crisis' sorry ass around there ever again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top