Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2003 8:50:55 PM EDT
My wife bought me some DVDs for Father's Day. One of which is "The Green Berets". She knows I have been trying to increase my collection of military films.

This evening I was watching the movie when I spotted two of my beloved childhood toys in the hands of John Wayne. I have seen the movie many times before but apparently never noticed. When the team finds Kawolski after being killed by the VC, Wayne "Col. Kirby" pickes up Kawolski's weapon. It's actually a Mattel M16 Marauder. And so is Col. Kirby'd weapon at that moment.

It's funny how you spot something in a movie you have never noticed before even though you have seen it many times.

Check out the scene if you get a chance. Look carefully at the weapons John Wayne is holding. You can spot the oversized magazine and it's sound ports for that BRRA-A-A-AP sound and the shortness of the rifle.

[img]http://www.snopes.com/military/graphics/mattel.jpg[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top