BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2003 11:10:35 PM EDT
No complaints from me... [:D]

[url]http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/2003/Jun/18/il/il03a.html[/url]

Hip-baring jeans give rise to a new kind of cleavage

By Gina Daugherty
Cincinnati Enquirer

"Plumber's butt." You know, that blindingly pale patch of derriere that peeks out from between a shirt that rides up and pants that slide down. Most commonly seen when a beefy plumber or other worker reaches or squats while on the job. Most common until recently, that is. The effect is no longer just a boy's club, as women are baring their posteriors — sometimes intentionally, sometimes not — in the name of fashion. Low-rise jeans have booty poppin' out all over the place. Everyone is getting cheeky. Call it the new cleavage.

At Bee Clean Car Wash in Mason, Ohio, Annamarie Minturn and Cassie Thierauf, both 19, are baring their butts (albeit unintentionally) every time they lean over a car, bend down to vacuum or wipe down a tire. Thierauf's rhinestone-studded thong is there for all to see. She doesn't mean to, but when your pants hug your hips, it's bound to happen.

"It's not that I have them low so my thong can hang out," explains Thierauf. "It's a product of the pant."

Indeed. The space between Thierauf's navel ring and the top of her jeans is at least three inches. She says the distance is greater on some of her other pants.

The thong is an absolute must for Latresha Lane. She runs a modeling company and without the thong, she and her models would be out of business. Visible panty lines (or VPL) are not an option.

For many women, low-rise, hip-baring jeans are causing all kinds of VPL. Some jeans are so low there isn't enough room for a zipper, as is the case with Levi's Too Superlows, which feature two snap buttons instead.

Recent college graduate Marianne Pusz, 23, is unbreakable in her resolve against panty-showing, and she quickly decides only Britney Spears and Gwen Stefani can get away with it.

"Don't give me that, 'Oops I did it again, my thong is hanging out,' " says Pusz. "Unless you are Britney Spears, forget about it. If you are wearing low-rise jeans and regular underwear, you should be carted away. Panty lines plus showing your underwear is the cardinal sin of low-rise jeans."

Big shocker that Ryan Nesbitt doesn't mind, though. An 18-year-old, he has nothing against a half-inch to an inch of butt cleavage on a "Tara Reid-type" woman. "Bootylicious," he says.

But remember, fashion comes and goes, so enjoy it now, as this butt-baring thing might be outdated by fall. Don't fret, though. There's still plumber's butt, unless Joe Schlueter has anything to do with it.

The owner of Schlueter Plumbing Inc. in Cincinnati has been in the business for more than 35 years. He has worked hard to shed the plumber's "showy" stigma. His plumbers wear uniforms.

"I can't guarantee you won't see a little butt crack," Schlueter says. "Plumbing does involve bending over a lot ... But we are conscious of it, and we want to put someone in your home that you feel comfortable with."

And that's just better for everyone.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 11:16:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Heh, I see this all the time with the hot chicks at school.  And they all wear thongs!!!!!![shock][naughty][banana]
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 11:16:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I was wondering id I was the only one that had noticed that. Luckily, fat gurls don't wear the low rise jeans!!!
You'd be amazed what you see in an office of 300+ women seated at desks- when you're up and walking around!! :)

Butt, there's good news and bad.
Good: some of the hunnies don't even seem to be wearing thongs any more- totally commando!!! At least judging from the amount of crack/cheek that I can see.

Hispanic girls have back and butt hair!!!!! OMFG that's soooooo gross! Not the cute gurlie type butt hair- but plainly visible, BLACK, furry butt hair. Ewwww
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 11:20:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Todays fashions![naughty]
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 11:22:43 PM EDT
[#4]
WHAT NO PICS?  DAMN!
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 12:21:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
WHAT NO PICS?  DAMN!
View Quote

SECONDING THE OUTRAGE!
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 12:36:15 AM EDT
[#6]
[img]http://home.attbi.com/~superalpha123/worthless.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 12:41:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
WHAT NO PICS?  DAMN!
View Quote

SECONDING THE OUTRAGE!
View Quote

Here is a third...
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 12:42:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Luckily, fat gurls don't wear the low rise jeans!!!
View Quote

Sometimes they do.  Dear God.  Sometimes they do.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 12:42:07 AM EDT
[#9]
[img]http://www.users.qwest.net/~hamnermichael/TheRock-BritneySpear.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.users.qwest.net/~hamnermichael/TheRock-BritneySpear_002.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.users.qwest.net/~hamnermichael/10339603144-6.jpg[/img]

Trust me, if she bends over you will see part of her cheeks.

Link Posted: 6/19/2003 1:40:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Trust me, if she bends over you will see part of her cheeks.
View Quote

Trust me, if she bends over you will see the back of my head.

ED
Of course my wife will be shooting me. But I will be a happy coprse.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 3:59:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 4:29:58 AM EDT
[#12]
be sure to visit a college campus if you have a chance.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 5:04:56 AM EDT
[#13]
I am as red-blooded male as anyone, yet, I find this trend to be slovenly. Sure these girls can be cute and all, but I was raised to appreciate a level of decorum from a lady, and that word doesn't apply to these girls.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 5:10:44 AM EDT
[#14]
I have witnessed the future.
One sunny afternoon on Ludlow St.
A young woman's jeans, so low, that I too saw the "cleavage"....
...in the front.
Those Brazilians sure know how to wax.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 5:15:21 AM EDT
[#15]
It's OK, BenDover, you don't have to justify yourself. To each his own. We straight people on the other hand enjoy the sight though :)
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 5:19:47 AM EDT
[#16]
In 6 months the jeans will be so low they will officially turn into leg warmers.
Not that I am complaining.
NoKarma
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 5:23:46 AM EDT
[#17]
I'd hit it!
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 5:33:52 AM EDT
[#18]
My mom always said, "if you're advertising it, there should be a price tag attached"

I'm as red blooded as the next guy, some of my friends would say more so! I admit it looks sexy, and that's what it's meant to do, draw your eye.

I personally would not want to date a girl who dressed like that though.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 5:35:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It's OK, BenDover, you don't have to justify yourself. To each his own. We straight people on the othe enjoy the sight though :)
View Quote

[:D]

[b]OKAY OKAY... IT GETS ME INTO TROUBLE WHEN I AM OUT IN PUBLIC WITH TWEET. I ADMIT IT.[/b]

No man wants to marry a trashy girl. They want to marry a nice girl... who will ACT trashy every now and then.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 6:06:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Man, that bodyguard looks fat, slow, and dumb.  What does he do, sit on assailants?
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 6:15:10 AM EDT
[#21]
They are called hip huggers, we invented them in the 60's
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 9:07:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Did they invent the tattooed ass, hooker look with them too?

[img]http://www.eatonlink.com/main/uploaded/dd/thongdanc.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 9:31:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Hey at least you guys are being nice to each other in here...I have not seen any dirty cracks here.....and no one is being a complete wise ass......
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 9:32:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I was wondering id I was the only one that had noticed that. Luckily, fat gurls don't wear the low rise jeans!!!
You'd be amazed what you see in an office of 300+ women seated at desks- when you're up and walking around!! :)

Butt, there's good news and bad.
Good: some of the hunnies don't even seem to be wearing thongs any more- totally commando!!! At least judging from the amount of crack/cheek that I can see.

Hispanic girls have back and butt hair!!!!! OMFG that's soooooo gross! Not the cute gurlie type butt hair- but plainly visible, BLACK, furry butt hair. Ewwww
View Quote

Commanly called 'ASS BUSH'.  

I am sorry you had to see it.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 9:41:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Man, that bodyguard looks fat, slow, and dumb.  What does he do, sit on assailants?
View Quote

That's the impression I got when I met him. I bounced during the Sundance Film Festival this year as a favor to a friend. Brittany, her big bodyguard and about a dozen brittany clone girls all came into Harry O's together one night.

They came in the back door and there is this long aluminum ramp going up the back stairs.  It is narrow and was slick. He tried to make it down that ramp and about killed himself in his sunday leather shoes and nice suit. I had to practically carry him down and then push his butt up again when he left.

on the *upside* though, I DID get to carry Brittany up and down that ramp a few times that night.  Say what you want about her, but she looks pretty damn good in a black seethrough suit.  whew.

But yeah, the bodyguard seemed more of an intimidation/shield/bullet trap than an actual security guy.  I could take him anyway......
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 9:41:55 AM EDT
[#26]
[red][size=6]NORGE[/size=6][/red]
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 10:18:01 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 10:40:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

That's the impression I got when I met him. I bounced during the Sundance Film Festival this year as a favor to a friend. Brittany, her big bodyguard and about a dozen brittany clone girls all came into Harry O's together one night.

They came in the back door and there is this long aluminum ramp going up the back stairs.  It is narrow and was slick. He tried to make it down that ramp and about killed himself in his sunday leather shoes and nice suit. I had to practically carry him down and then push his butt up again when he left.

on the *upside* though, I DID get to carry Brittany up and down that ramp a few times that night.  Say what you want about her, but she looks pretty damn good in a black seethrough suit.  whew.

But yeah, the bodyguard seemed more of an intimidation/shield/bullet trap than an actual security guy.  I could take him anyway......
View Quote

I suppose you're glad HE wasn't wearing the pants in question, and had to bend over while sliding down that ramp. [rofl2]

I must admit, when I started to scroll down to the first post with pictures, and I saw a huge guy there, I was a bit worried about what exactly was gonna show up in the picture.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 4:06:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Ya know, kids these days have it too easy.

I've seen cracks like that, but it was usually only after I'd spent about 50 bucks on food and drinks and invested a half an hour of necking and stuff.

When You saw that much crack, it meant you were about 1/4 of the way to your goal...

Dang lazy kids! [:D]
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 4:33:37 PM EDT
[#30]
I think the low rising jeans look great on a woman who is fit and youthful. Anyone with any excess adipose tissue should steer clear of fashions that expose the abdomen. Fashions like these should not be made to fit women who wear anything but a single digit dress size. Unfortunately, that is not the case as a few minutes spent in any mall will sadly reveal!

Not all of the low risers expose the gluteal crease, which looks cheap.

They look best when worn with a top that tastefully exposes a well-toned abdomen.

I recently purchased a pair and I think they're fun.

TT [wave]
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 4:37:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top