Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2003 10:56:15 AM EDT
well, it will have to do until Im old enough to buy a real AR' but its the closest to a colt commando I will ever get to own in New york state.

the gun is an airsoft replica of a Colt RO733 'colt commando', and its an amazing replica at that. shoots around 300 fps, and everthing is metal on the gun that should be, with the exception of the reciever, though I am thinking about getting a metal body. cosidering I spent 300$ on it and a few extra mags, compared to the price of 10 years in jail for posessing a colt commando in new york, I think its quite a deal :-D

anyway, heres a pic. this isnt of my gun, but of an Identical one, save the carryhandle mount.

[img]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-6/178039/m733.jpg[/img]

what do yall' think bout my new baby? maybe sometime in the distant future ny gun legislators will get tehre heads outta there asses and let me buy a REAL one. next AR I have should be an 18" dissipator, or if the AWB sunsets (fingers crossed) a 16" M4gery.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 11:06:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
maybe sometime in the distant future ny gun legislators will get tehre heads outta there asses and let me buy a REAL one. next AR I have should be an 18" dissipator, or if the AWB sunsets (fingers crossed) a 16" M4gery.
View Quote

I hate to rain on your dream, but when/if the '94 sunsets, it won't effect state laws.  Ergo, no good stuff for you.

The only hope you have is that sometime in the future, the SCOTUS acknowledges that the 2nd is an individual right, so that your state law can be declared unconstitutional.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 12:54:31 PM EDT
[#2]
i can still get an AR in new york, just no NFA goodies. ive seen some bushies go for sale at a nearby gun/sporting goods shop.

what do you think of the gun in the pic?
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 2:13:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd hit it..er, nice faker. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 2:20:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Does it break down like a real AR...can ya swap the charging handle with a real one? :)
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 2:29:44 PM EDT
[#5]
You can pop out the pins and split the reciever, but there is no bolt carrier to slide out. The charging handle is there only for show, and to pop the ejection port cover open. You could, however, swap uppers with some other AR models.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 2:41:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
well, it will have to do until Im old enough to buy a real AR' but its the closest to a colt commando I will ever get to own in New york state.
View Quote

GET OUT!
Thats what i'm doing.
I'm going to go to college in a better place than this shit-hole. Then find me an aerospace job in a gun-freindly state (Plenty of companies in WA, MI).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top