BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2003 5:43:05 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 5:47:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Not in my lifetime.  [):)]
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 6:05:56 AM EDT
[#2]
What do you mean "someday"? Scenes like that have been played out many times throughout our history. Freedom still reigns.

While photos like that are sensational, nobody in Iraq is being oppressed. The oppressors are simply resisting their shift from the superior to the subordinate.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 6:15:20 AM EDT
[#3]
What are they doing?
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 6:43:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Are you suggesting that sometime in the near future, we're all going to be wearing our pajamas all day?  And that we're going to be placed in camps for that?

I'm confused.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 6:47:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Those Iraqis are idiots.
They're ex-soldiers DEMANDING that the US pay their pensions.
I'll admit, that takes balls.
We should shoot them.
Iraqi soldiers should be cowering, not making demands.

The suggestion/connection that somehow because we are "disarming" the Iraqis, we will do the same domestically, is asinine.
It's a fucking war.
Soldiers are dying every, fucking day.
And some of you are concerned about the Iraqis Gun Rights???

Get a grip.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 6:51:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Keep in mind too, that not long ago opposition like this under Sadaam's rule would have resulted in their instant deaths. The wheels of freedom move slowly and it will settle down as things transition. On another note, look at the riots in Benton Harbor, not much different than this other than the Cops just standing back like in L.A., Columbine etc. waiting for things to simmer down. All the more reason to stay armed.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 6:55:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The suggestion/connection that somehow because we are "disarming" the Iraqis, we will do the same domestically, is asinine.
It's a fucking war.

Get a grip.
View Quote

In my best Sarah Brady Voice
Assault Weapons are asinine.
It's like a war zone on our streets
Children are dying every single day
And some of you are concerned about American gun rights????

Get a grip.

The exact same argument can/is made about the US every day.  If it is acceptable for the US to disarm Iraq because the people can't be trusted, then the same could be applied to the US.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 6:59:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Hmmm, no similarities here.

[img]http://www.foxnews.com/images/93745/16_23_061803_iraq_shootin3.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bostonmassacre.net/images/new_pic6_med.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 7:02:40 AM EDT
[#9]
[img]http://www.foxnews.com/images/93745/16_23_061803_iraq_shootin3.jpg[/img]

Wow. There really IS a use for fixed bayonets!

BTW, ditto to what my friend Cincinnatus said...
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 7:09:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's a fucking war.

Get a grip.
View Quote

In my best Sarah Brady Voice
Assault Weapons are asinine.
It's like a war zone on our streets
Children are dying every single day
And some of you are concerned about American gun rights????

Get a grip.

View Quote

Are you high?
When people refer to our streets as a "warzone", that's known as a metaphor.
Iraq on the other hand IS A REAL FUCKING WARZONE YOU GENIUS.
The Soldiers and Marines there are fighting a real war.  Not a "War" on Drugs, Poverty, Crime, etc..
But a real live war.
The exact same argument can/is made about the US every day.  If it is acceptable for the US to disarm Iraq because the people can't be trusted, then the same could be applied to the US
View Quote

My God.
Of course the Iraqis "can't be trusted".
They're the enemy in a war we're fighting.  They are shooting and killing US Soldiers.  
You people disgust me.

It's a war.

Link Posted: 6/18/2003 7:15:01 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm not disagreeing with you that it's a war.  I'm just saying the liberals are going to turn that argument around and us it in the US.

Also, I'm sure the English said the same thing back around 1776.  Or is that a different case too that we should just ignore?
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 7:21:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm not disagreeing with you that it's a war.  I'm just saying the liberals are going to turn that argument around and us it in the US.
View Quote
Only fools and idiots could make such an argument.  The argument that hundreds of thousands of US Soldiers and Marines "need" to disarm the US polulace is idiocy.  I give it no creedance, but then again, I think rationally.

Also, I'm sure the English said the same thing back around 1776.
View Quote

Are you really so sure?
They said the same thing, huh?
 Or is that a different case too that we should just ignore?
View Quote

Well, yes that is a different case.  And entirely different case.  Completely irrelevant to this issue.
Ignore history?  No.
Studying history allows us to avoid making such pointless and intellectually weak comparisons.
Try it.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 7:29:31 AM EDT
[#13]
hmmm, we take over a country, fire every one and when they come requesting their back pay you suggest we kill them all.  Yeah, that's rational thinking.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 7:33:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Sure!
Maybe you haven't seen the latest pics from Benton Harbor, Michigan?
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 8:03:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
hmmm, we take over a country, fire every one and when they come requesting their back pay you suggest we kill them all.  Yeah, that's rational thinking.
View Quote

These soldiers, whom we were fighting to the death only a few weeks ago (and perhaps every night since), come and make demands for cash, then they begin throwing rocks at our troops (big enough to smash windshields), and attempting to drive vehicles through the gate, and into the Army's compound.

Yes, shoot them.
They wish to continue hostilites, they should be obliged.

But of course your sympathies lie with them, as you've so stated.
We, after all, are the oppressors there.
WE, as you've pointed out are like the British Crown of 1776, and THEY are the brave Continental Army.

At that's what disgusts me most.
Our Soldiers are over their dying, and your sympathies are with the enemy.
You should be ashamed (and so should your inept History teacher).

Link Posted: 6/18/2003 8:26:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Hayyyyy!!!!!! I thought there wasn't a use for fixed bayonets in modern warfare.[>:/]
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 8:40:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 8:51:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Wow. This sure went in a different direction than I had intended. Guess thats what I get for posting and then leaving to go get a CT done and a gallon of blood drawn.

I wasnt trying to make any conotations at all regarding the Iraqi people, them being disarmed, etc. I was mearly wondering if we would see US MILITARY on the streets in force against Americans, for (insert whatever reason here). IE, the Constitution steadily gets eroded, we get more liberal nut jobs in office, and then something radical happens. I really wasnt garnering anything at all from the Iraqi's in general or their situation.
Look at the pics and pretend the Iraqi's arent even in them. Could we be facing that sight one day.
View Quote

Quit stirring up schist, Hawkeye. We don't need anymore troublemakers around here. [bg]
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 9:22:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Cincinnatus, why even waste your time.

Link Posted: 6/18/2003 9:36:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Personally, I don't think we should let the troops get that close to us if they ever try it here.

In the mean time, instead of pensions, the Iraqis should be clearing land mines for a buck per mine.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 9:37:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The Soldiers and Marines there are fighting a real war.  Not a "War" on Drugs, Poverty, Crime, etc..
They are shooting and killing US Soldiers.  
You people disgust me.

[red]It's a war[/red].

View Quote

Not according to your Commander-in-Chief!!!

The "War", is over....

(I assume DOD is still authorizing "Combat pay" for "combat zone" service. Do you know the boundries of the zone?)
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 9:58:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I was mearly wondering if we would see US MILITARY on the streets in force against Americans, for (insert whatever reason here). IE, the Constitution steadily gets eroded, we get more liberal nut jobs in office, and then something radical happens.
View Quote

US military, AND Police!! The Fed has OVER 100,000 ARMED "Law Enforcement" Agents. Add the local cops. Look at most of the board members, cops, or military. Look carefully at their posts. Govt./LEO, can do no wrong. As long as it's a "conservative" giving the orders, these people will obey.
[b]One day, you may meet a fellow board member standing on your front porch opposite you![/b]

If you check, you will find, historically, that most liberty encroaching legislation, comes from repubs.

Do you REALLY think Bill Clinton could have gotten "Patriot Act" passed???? [ROFL2]
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 10:11:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 10:16:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
If you check, you will find, historically, that most liberty encroaching legislation, comes from repubs.
View Quote

You mean like the GCA of 64 and 68?  Or the National Firearms Act? Or the 94 Crime Bill?

Do you REALLY think Bill Clinton could have gotten "Patriot Act" passed????
View Quote

He got the AWB passed.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 10:40:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Hmmm, no similarities here.

[url]http://www.foxnews.com/images/93745/16_23_061803_iraq_shootin3.jpg[/url] [url]http://www.bostonmassacre.net/images/new_pic6_med.jpg[/url]
View Quote

Iraq beggers who were formerly armed soldiers of an oppressive state and who were too weak and gutless to throw off the yoke of that same oppressive regime (unless of course they were having to much fun inforcing its rule).

The Founding Fathers of our Nation.

Yeah I see the similarities.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 10:46:19 AM EDT
[#26]
make sure all of you put your tin-foil hats back on
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 11:13:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
They are shooting and killing US Soldiers.  
You people disgust me.

[red]It's a war[/red].

View Quote

Not according to your Commander-in-Chief!!!

The "War", is over....

(I assume DOD is still authorizing "Combat pay" for "combat zone" service. Do you know the boundries of the zone?)
View Quote

Actually, yes.
Combat pay still in effect.  It is in fact a warzone.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 3:17:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Cincinnatus, why even waste your time?
View Quote

Because I have faith in most of my fellow board members.
I don't think that SWIRE is actually a traitor whose sympathies lie with those who are killing our Servicemen.
I think he's misguided, and a bit myopic.

BUT, anyone who is on the side those Iraqis who are still fighting and killing our boys over there....

...you ARE a traitor to your nation, and should be treated as such.
I don't care how strong a parralel you can make to some imaginary, future domestic disarmament.
If you sympathize with those who kill US Soldiers and Marines in Iraq, YOU are a traitor to your country.
Period.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top