Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2003 8:54:33 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 9:13:26 PM EDT
[#1]
That's the only Porsche I've ever liked.
I think when they first came out people like Bill Gates had problems with U.S. Customs when they tried to import them, because they weren't meant to meet U.S. emmission standards.  In fact, I think some were impounded for a while until they could prove they were going to be used in museums, etc.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 9:20:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got one in my garage. want me to have it shipped to you?  you can test drive it for a month?!
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 9:56:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Lazy, the story I heard was that porsche would not submit a sample to the gov't for crash testing.  They said it was a work of art, and they would not build one simply to be crashed.

TXL
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 10:12:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Lazy, the story I heard was that porsche would not submit a sample to the gov't for crash testing.  They said it was a work of art, and they would not build one simply to be crashed.

TXL
View Quote

Now THAT sounds like Porsche.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 10:36:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Too bad it's a kit car. If not it's on the "gray form" and can't be driven on the road.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 10:49:14 AM EDT
[#6]
group buy?
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 5:28:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

TXL
View Quote

I believe you're right now that I think about it.  I remember the story somewhat because I saw it on CNN back in the eighties.  CNN always gives you the facts on stories.[rolleyes]

I remember getting an issue of Automobile Magazine from the newstand and reading about the 959 and thinking that Porsche finally got it right.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 5:31:18 PM EDT
[#8]
What a coincidence, I need to make room in my basement, do you mind taking it in tens and twenties? That will be a few garbage bags, you let me know.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 5:33:57 PM EDT
[#9]
got paypal? check your email.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top