Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2003 4:06:55 PM EDT
thought i'd check out the local Hummer dealership and take a peek at the H1 - now, of course, they were all ready to sell me the H2 -so I listened, and test drove one of them... nothing special there...i mean it was a decent ride and all, but for what that vehicle is built on and what kind of $$ they want for that, i'll pass...i tried out the Avalanche about a month or so ago, and i'd pick that over the H2 anyday... well, onto the real deal - the mighty H1.. one hell of a machine..i only got to take it on the road for a few minutes, but in that short time, I quickly realized that I must find a way to acquire one of these!! they are surprisingly comfortable and easy to drive, the braking is a little different, but in a few weeks, we are going to take that bad bitch off-road and really see what the Humvee was engineered to do.. anyone out there ever try out the H1 - or does anyone actually own one of these masterpieces???
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 4:26:45 PM EDT
I wish! I'm still trying to figger out how to get one. By the time they fall into my price range, there wouldn't be much left to the machine! I wish they would build a stripped ass down model for those of us who would actually use them. I want to puke when I see the H2's with BLING BLING rims on them. What fucking waste!
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 4:31:35 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DoctorJess: thought i'd check out the local Hummer dealership and take a peek at the H1 - now, of course, they were all ready to sell me the H2 -so I listened, and test drove one of them... nothing special there...i mean it was a decent ride and all, but for what that vehicle is built on and what kind of $$ they want for that, i'll pass...i tried out the Avalanche about a month or so ago, and i'd pick that over the H2 anyday... well, onto the real deal - the mighty H1.. one hell of a machine..i only got to take it on the road for a few minutes, but in that short time, I quickly realized that I must find a way to acquire one of these!! they are surprisingly comfortable and easy to drive, the braking is a little different, but in a few weeks, we are going to take that bad bitch off-road and really see what the Humvee was engineered to do.. anyone out there ever try out the H1 - or does anyone actually own one of these masterpieces???
View Quote
Save yourself some grief down the road, buy a Jeep Grand Cherokee or a Wrangler Rubicon, if it is off roading you want to go.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 4:32:14 PM EDT
i swear i saw where you could buy used army H1's for 8500. granted, these are ragged and didnt have any creature comforts to start with, but a little cusomization and a fresh 500hp big block and you've got a friggin machine
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 4:33:26 PM EDT
Did you see the recent pic of the H2 vs. Dodge(I believe) Truck...In a Head-on??? Both totaled but the H2 was amazingly CRUSHED.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 4:53:17 PM EDT
The H1 has been a nice addition to our military. There are some very nice vehicles manufactured by GM. Try www.gm-defense.com Scroll down and check out the tactical vehicles page. This might give you something else to consider. I wonder what additions or mods Jesse James might make on an episode of Monster Garage?
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 5:20:38 PM EDT
Originally Posted By TexRdnec: i swear i saw where you could buy used army H1's for 8500. granted, these are ragged and didnt have any creature comforts to start with, but a little cusomization and a fresh 500hp big block and you've got a friggin machine
View Quote
Now, is that with or without the .50 in the turret?
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:04:07 PM EDT
Driven the HMMWV, H1 and the H2 and all are very capable of their intended purpose. I am considering buying one or possily 2 of the H2's for business purposes seeings as they will be a very nice tax write off for me too.
Top Top