Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2003 11:22:35 AM EDT
What kind do you use?

I'm thinking of the Undertaker from highnoonholsters.com for a Walther P99 when I get it, or maybe for my beretta 92fs
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 11:27:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Both of the good ones I have are leather, one's Galco the other's Bianchi.

Have a couple nylon type but never been much impressed w/ them..., they seem to print worse than the leather, w/ sport coats and jackets.

Mike
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 2:33:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a Viking that will fit your Beretta, Tan, Plain, Right Hand, Dual pouch, Unlined...rarely used. I found that I am just not a shoulder rig person.  I would sell it to you if you are interested. IM me.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 2:37:36 PM EDT
[#3]
IMHO the best shoulder rig out there is the older style Alessi Bodyguard with the triggerguard snap.

The harness design appears to be based on the old style Jackass rigs.

The skinny 4 strap models from Galco and Blocker are horrible and shift all over the place.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 2:48:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Hate 'em.

They look cool as hell, and have that "image enhancement" quality like cowboy boots or  pocket watches. But for all practical reasons, I don't like them, even though I tried to convince myself that I did for the past 3 years, carrying my Model 66 in a Bianchi X model.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 3:01:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What kind do you use?

View Quote

I took a back support, wrap around the belly type, sewed in a spot to hold the pistol. Since its elastic it conforms to almost any pistol I carry. If I wear a tight t-shirt it prints but anything else you can't tell a thing. Besides it makes me look thinner when I wear it. I'm 220lbs 6' tall.

Rick
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 3:19:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Hate 'em.

They look cool as hell, and have that "image enhancement" quality like cowboy boots or  pocket watches. But for all practical reasons, I don't like them, even though I tried to convince myself that I did for the past 3 years, carrying my Model 66 in a Bianchi X model.
View Quote

Remember Abe Vigoda as "Fish" in the "Barney Miller" series?

He was the only character who wore a shoulder holster. As as you recall he was always running to the bathroom. Shoulder holsters come in handy if you have weak bladder and bowel control!
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 3:43:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Two words:
Galco Concealment

It's not a shoulder holster, but it hides better than anything else I've found. It's comfortable too, most people are surprised how big of a weapon they can carry with the right leather. I carry 8-10 hrs daily either a Hk .45 USP Compact or a Sig .45 P220, and I'm not that big.

Edited to add: In a scuffle, a shoulder holster turns you into a walking handy gun rack for your opponent.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 4:49:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top